arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shooting

SubjectAuthor
* Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shootingRichA
+* Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shootingtrotsky
|`* Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shootingRichA
| +* Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shootingAdam H. Kerman
| |+* Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shootingRichA
| ||`- Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shootingAdam H. Kerman
| |`- Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shootinganim8rfsk
| `* Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shootingBTR1701
|  `- Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shootingAdam H. Kerman
`* Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shootingUbiquitous
 `- Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shootingEd Stasiak

1
Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shooting

<6bad83d1-4c7a-46ef-b2fc-ec3077d4f3e4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136006&group=rec.arts.tv#136006

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 12:37:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shooting
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 20:37 UTC

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59925410

Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shooting

<srfms9$1q4r$7@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136034&group=rec.arts.tv#136034

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 16:16:39 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 22:16 UTC

On 1/9/2022 2:37 PM, RichA wrote:
> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59925410

Do you think he's following Trump's lead?

Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shooting

<499c70b0-47d5-488e-b8c9-5431cbb99a1an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136057&group=rec.arts.tv#136057

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 15:33:41 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 23:33 UTC

On Sunday, 9 January 2022 at 17:16:45 UTC-5, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 1/9/2022 2:37 PM, RichA wrote:
> > https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59925410
> >

> Do you think he's following Trump's lead?

Trump is using presidential privilege to assert his rights according to the law. The courts will say if it is legitimate. Baldwin is hiding (he's probably already destroyed the phone) evidence.

\

Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shooting

<srfsrj$98u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136063&group=rec.arts.tv#136063

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 23:58:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 23:58 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>. . .

>Trump is using presidential privilege to assert his rights according to
>the law. The courts will say if it is legitimate.

Nixon asserted executive privilege WHILE HE WAS PRESIDENT but assertion
of the privilege doesn't block discovery of evidence of a crime. Trump hasn't
been president since January 20. He has no executive privilege to
assert.

Executive privilege isn't in the constitution. It's an interpretation of
the president's duties.

>Baldwin is hiding (he's probably already destroyed the phone) evidence.

I really don't understand why it's relevant to bringing charges, and I
sure don't understand why the cops asked for it a month later.

Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shooting

<4586d0ab-d5e5-420d-8614-09604a50a6ean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136071&group=rec.arts.tv#136071

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 16:57:46 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 00:57 UTC

On Sunday, 9 January 2022 at 18:58:47 UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>. . .
> >Trump is using presidential privilege to assert his rights according to
> >the law. The courts will say if it is legitimate.
> Nixon asserted executive privilege WHILE HE WAS PRESIDENT but assertion
> of the privilege doesn't block discovery of evidence of a crime. Trump hasn't
> been president since January 20. He has no executive privilege to
> assert.
>
> Executive privilege isn't in the constitution. It's an interpretation of
> the president's duties.
> >Baldwin is hiding (he's probably already destroyed the phone) evidence.
> I really don't understand why it's relevant to bringing charges, and I
> sure don't understand why the cops asked for it a month later.

They didn't just start now, but it's not unknown for police (due to political pressure) to drag their feet in
an investigation. Also ANYTHING he said or text AFTER the incident could be important.

Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shooting

<A6CdnafQ-Y12Fkb8nZ2dnUU7-cnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136073&group=rec.arts.tv#136073

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 19:29:15 -0600
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 01:29 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, 9 January 2022 at 17:16:45 UTC-5, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On 1/9/2022 2:37 PM, RichA wrote:
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59925410
>>>
>> Do you think he's following Trump's lead?
>
> Trump is using presidential privilege to assert his rights according to
> the law. The courts will say if it is legitimate. Baldwin is hiding
> (he's probably already destroyed the phone) evidence.

Baldwin is asserting 'precious celebrity privilege' which is even more
extensive than presidential privilege.

Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shooting

<srg2ss$8nl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136075&group=rec.arts.tv#136075

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 01:41:48 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 01:41 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Trump is using presidential privilege to assert his rights according to
>>>the law. The courts will say if it is legitimate.

>>Nixon asserted executive privilege WHILE HE WAS PRESIDENT but assertion
>>of the privilege doesn't block discovery of evidence of a crime. Trump
>>hasn't been president since January 20. He has no executive privilege
>>to assert.

>>Executive privilege isn't in the constitution. It's an interpretation of
>>the president's duties.

>>>Baldwin is hiding (he's probably already destroyed the phone) evidence.

>>I really don't understand why it's relevant to bringing charges, and I
>>sure don't understand why the cops asked for it a month later.

>They didn't just start now, but it's not unknown for police (due to
>political pressure) to drag their feet in
>an investigation.

I must have missed what political interference there might be.

>Also ANYTHING he said or text AFTER the incident could be important.

Why? Yeah, it can be used to impeach what else Baldwin says, but for the
purpose of the crime, prove the facts of what happened during the
incident. I doubt he texted at any point that killing the photographer
was intentional.

Just charge him already.

Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shooting

<srg4fv$k14$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136077&group=rec.arts.tv#136077

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 02:09:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 02:09 UTC

BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Do you think he's following Trump's lead?

>>Trump is using presidential privilege to assert his rights according to
>>the law. The courts will say if it is legitimate. Baldwin is hiding
>>(he's probably already destroyed the phone) evidence.

>Baldwin is asserting 'precious celebrity privilege' which is even more
>extensive than presidential privilege.

He made an Instagram video to challenge the search warrant? I've never
heard of such a proceeding.

"They have to specify what exactly they want. They can't just go
through your phone and take, you know, your photos or your love
letters to your wife or what have you," Baldwin said in a video
shot in the driver's seat of a parked car.

Just indict this fuckhead! If they get a search warrant for the phone,
then they can look at any file on the phone.

Again: Why didn't they seize the phone if they wanted it at the time?

Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shooting

<1203353109.663467543.039358.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136080&group=rec.arts.tv#136080

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 19:16:16 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 02:16 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> . . .
>
>> Trump is using presidential privilege to assert his rights according to
>> the law. The courts will say if it is legitimate.
>
> Nixon asserted executive privilege WHILE HE WAS PRESIDENT but assertion
> of the privilege doesn't block discovery of evidence of a crime. Trump hasn't
> been president since January 20. He has no executive privilege to
> assert.
>
> Executive privilege isn't in the constitution. It's an interpretation of
> the president's duties.
>
>> Baldwin is hiding (he's probably already destroyed the phone) evidence.

But if they have a warrant I assume they can just get the back up data from
Apple?

> I really don't understand why it's relevant to bringing charges, and I
> sure don't understand why the cops asked for it a month later.

If they find an email or text message or electronic diary entry he made
that said “I got away with killing her these redneck cops will never pin it
on me” is there some way that would be admissible evidence?

Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shooting

<srhfdm$fj$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136184&group=rec.arts.tv#136184

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 09:20:42 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 14:20 UTC

rander3128@gmail.com wrote:

>https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59925410

He now claims he's doing no such thing:

NEW YORK (AP) � Alec Baldwin said Saturday that any suggestion he's not
complying with the investigation into last fall's deadly shooting on a
New Mexico film set is a lie.

At issue is a search warrant for Baldwin's cellphone, which authorities
hope can provide information helpful in the probe. Baldwin was holding
a revolver during a rehearsal for his movie �Rust� on Oct. 21 when it
fired, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding the film's
director.

Authorities still don't have the actor's phone.

Baldwin said in an Instagram message posted Saturday that New Mexico
has to go through New York law enforcement and the process of
specifying exactly what is needed takes time.

�They can't just go through your phone and take your photos, or your
love letters to your wife, or what have you,� he said.

[Really? I don't recall you objecting to them doing to President Trump!]

Baldwin has said he didn't know the gun he was holding contained a live
round when it went off. Investigators are trying to find where the live
round came from and, in the search warrant for Baldwin's phone, said
they are looking for text messages, images, videos, calls or any other
information related to the movie.

�Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests or orders or
demands or search warrants about my phone, that's bull��, that's a
lie,� he said.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Alec Baldwin stonewalls investigators in his shooting

<888c82e0-5589-4c07-be32-4d9fa4c24dc8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136316&group=rec.arts.tv#136316

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 12:48:38 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 20:48 UTC

> Ubiquitous
>
> Baldwin was holding a revolver during a rehearsal for his movie “Rust”
> on Oct. 21 when it fired,

No, Baldwin cocked the hammer, pointed the revolver and pulled the trigger.

> Baldwin has said he didn't know the gun he was holding contained a live
> round when it went off.

Once again; Baldwin cocked the hammer, pointed the revolver and pulled
the trigger.

Guns do not just “go off”.

> “Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests or orders or
> demands or search warrants about my phone, that's bull——, that's a
> lie,” he said.

Well, except the part where you refuse to comply with the search
warrant and hand over your phone…

https://i.postimg.cc/BQh53BW5/Baldwin.png
https://ibb.co/ckZzYD7