Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 18:10:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Hillary Clinton Says She Will Not Shutup
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 02:10 UTC

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 9:01:53 PM UTC-4, thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN wrote:
> http://time.com/4716072/hillary-clinton-san-francisco-speech-donald-trump/
>

> "In fact, there was a recent study showing that none of my plans were really publicized or talked about"...
>

> .. because all I did was talk about Trump

Hillary Clinton Thinks Donald Trump Will Run For President Again: 'Could Be the End of Our Democracy'
"If I were a betting person right now, I'd say Trump is going to run again," Clinton said on Sunday TODAY with Willie Geist
December 13, 2021
https://people.com/politics/hillary-clinton-thinks-donald-trump-will-run-for-president-again-could-be-the-end-of-our-democracy/

> And I cheated Bernie, which would be funny except I lost and now we have President Trump.
>
> But I will continue to tell America what to do, because I have a proven track record of being a loser.
>
> Did I mention Goldman Sachs paid me a quarter million dollars for 20 minutes of coughing?
>
> Listen to me, gawd dammit it, I might run again.

Hillary Clinton
@HillaryClinton
Merry Christmas! 🎄
8:33 AM · Dec 25, 2021
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1474735133500583945

> Blah -blab- blah blah blab

Hillary Clinton
@HillaryClinton
Wishing you a warm and wonderful Christmas Eve!
11:25 AM · Dec 24, 2021
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1474415994919653378

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GOYYbiEul0

Victory Speech (Hillary’s Version)
Amanda Hess Dec. 22, 2021
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/22/arts/hillary-clinton-masterclass.html

MasterClass, an online platform where you can watch famous people deliver video tutorials for $180 a year, recently debuted a course on the topic of resilience. It begins with a close-up shot of a weathered oval desk. We hear papers shuffling, birds chirping, the voices of an ethereal choir. A woman’s hands drift across a policy document. As white light flares through a garden window, Hillary Clinton appears. She wears a serene smile and a magenta blouse. It feels like she’s back from the dead.

Clinton’s 16 video lessons in resilience are largely tedious (one is about binder organization), but the whole exercise builds to a rattling unease. The course culminates with Clinton reciting her unused presidential victory speech from 2016. Holding the text in her lap like a storybook, she seems to be impersonating a lost version of herself. She is accessing a faintly smug, terribly naïve Hillary Clinton, as if practicing in front of a mirror for a moment that would never arrive. It’s the kind of humiliating growth exercise you might spy through the keyhole of a therapist’s office. Even as Clinton has styled herself as an influencer on the subject of carrying on, it feels as if she is being held hostage by the past, compelled to relive her defeat again and again.

Re: Hillary Clinton Says She Will Not Shutup

<8f2a4d01-68a1-486c-9376-88c41b9794d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136582&group=rec.arts.tv#136582

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 17:59:00 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 01:59 UTC

On Saturday, December 25, 2021 at 9:10:33 PM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 9:01:53 PM UTC-4, thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN wrote:
> > http://time.com/4716072/hillary-clinton-san-francisco-speech-donald-trump/
> >

> > "In fact, there was a recent study showing that none of my plans were really publicized or talked about"...
> >

> > .. because all I did was talk about Trump
> Hillary Clinton Thinks Donald Trump Will Run For President Again: 'Could Be the End of Our Democracy'
> "If I were a betting person right now, I'd say Trump is going to run again," Clinton said on Sunday TODAY with Willie Geist
> December 13, 2021
> https://people.com/politics/hillary-clinton-thinks-donald-trump-will-run-for-president-again-could-be-the-end-of-our-democracy/
> > And I cheated Bernie, which would be funny except I lost and now we have President Trump.
> >
> > But I will continue to tell America what to do, because I have a proven track record of being a loser.
> >
> > Did I mention Goldman Sachs paid me a quarter million dollars for 20 minutes of coughing?

> > Listen to me, gawd dammit it, I might run again.

Hillary Clinton’s 2024 Election Comeback
Douglas E. Schoen and Andrew Stein Jan. 11, 2022
https://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clinton-2024-comeback-president-biden-harris-democrat-nominee-race-2022-midterm-loss-11641914951

A perfect storm in the Democratic Party is making a once-unfathomable scenario plausible: a political comeback for Hillary Clinton in 2024.

Several circumstances—President Biden’s low approval rating, doubts over his capacity to run for re-election at 82, Vice President Kamala Harris’s unpopularity, and the absence of another strong Democrat to lead the ticket in 2024—have created a leadership vacuum in the party, which Mrs. Clinton viably could fill.

> Hillary Clinton
> @HillaryClinton
> Merry Christmas! 🎄
> 8:33 AM · Dec 25, 2021
> https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1474735133500583945
> > Blah -blab- blah blah blab
> Hillary Clinton
> @HillaryClinton
> Wishing you a warm and wonderful Christmas Eve!
> 11:25 AM · Dec 24, 2021
> https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1474415994919653378

In today’s Wall Street Journal, Douglas E. Schoen and Andrew Stein suggest that Hillary Clinton may be gearing up for another shot at the White House:

A perfect storm in the Democratic Party is making a once-unfathomable scenario plausible: a political comeback for Hillary Clinton in 2024.

Specifically:

Several circumstances—President Biden’s low approval rating, doubts over his capacity to run for re-election at 82, Vice President Kamala Harris’s unpopularity, and the absence of another strong Democrat to lead the ticket in 2024—have created a leadership vacuum in the party, which Mrs. Clinton viably could fill.

She is already in an advantageous position to become the 2024 Democratic nominee. She is an experienced national figure who is younger than Mr. Biden and can offer a different approach from the disorganized and unpopular one the party is currently taking.

And Clinton wouldn’t represent a re-run because:

If Democrats lose control of Congress in 2022, Mrs. Clinton can use the party’s loss as a basis to run for president again, enabling her to claim the title of “change candidate.”

This is the point at which I thought, “what?” Hillary Clinton has been a national figure since 1992. One of the big reasons she lost in 2016 was that voters didn’t want to go backwards. It is plausible that the Republicans nominating Donald Trump in 2024 would neutralize that liability, but it certainly wouldn’t change it.

As for this:

In a recent MSNBC interview, Mrs. Clinton called on Democrats to engage in “careful thinking about what wins elections, and not just in deep-blue districts where a Democrat and a liberal Democrat, or so-called progressive Democrat, is going to win.” She also noted that party’s House majority “comes from people who win in much more difficult districts.”

This is correct in the abstract, but it doesn’t really apply to Hillary Clinton. She won her Senate race in New York in 2000 — albeit by less than one would have expected, given how well Al Gore performed — and she was reelected there in 2006, but her performances on the national stage have been notably subpar. In 2008, she managed to lose the primary to the mostly unknown Barack Obama. In 2016, she nearly lost the primary to Bernie Sanders, before losing the general to Donald Trump. And, even in the Democratic wave year of 2018, she remained remarkably unpopular.

Schoen and Stein conclude their piece by arguing that “if Democrats want a fighting chance at winning the presidency in 2024, Mrs. Clinton is likely their best option.” If that is true, the Democratic party is in more trouble than we thought.

> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GOYYbiEul0

Hillary Clinton 5.0?
By CHARLES C. W. COOKE January 11, 2022
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/hillary-clinton-5-0/amp/