From: mrfantas...@gmail.com (Jeanne Morningstar)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: ASH/Meta: Time marches on...
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 19:44:18 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Jeanne Morningstar - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 19:44 UTC

So I've been rereading ASH in the ebook editions, and I realized that
Academy's action starts in August 15, 2022, which is... about half a
year away now. We'll soon reach the point where Real Life catches up
datingwise with ASH. Time sure does keep going, huh?

At least our world is in a better state right now than that was one. So far.

Jeanne Morningstar

SW10/META: Re: ASH/Meta: Time marches on...

<sv423i$d8g$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1367&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1367

From: sei...@eilertech.com (Scott Eiler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: SW10/META: Re: ASH/Meta: Time marches on...
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 01:19:52 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Scott Eiler - Wed, 23 Feb 2022 01:19 UTC

On 2022-02-22 11:44, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:
> So I've been rereading ASH in the ebook editions, and I realized that
> Academy's action starts in August 15, 2022, which is... about half a
> year away now. We'll soon reach the point where Real Life catches up
> datingwise with ASH. Time sure does keep going, huh?

Tell me about it.

In July 2002, I wrote "Make It Never Was", a Wyatt Ferguson story about
(among other things) nuclear winter.
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/neverwas.htm) On February 24, 2009
(slightly before I joined RACC), I wrote its sequel "Beyond the End".
The story took place in 2023. The last band of survivors had lost
contact with the rest of humanity in 2022.
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2009/beyond.htm)

The "Twilight of the Superhuman World" (as published in RACC) arc would
start in November 2009, leading to that same Icepocalypse. Wyatt got
out (for the second time, with his relatives this time) a year or two
ago, in stories yet to be written. I think the end is here.
https://www.eilertech.com/stories/2009/

> At least our world is in a better state right now than that was one. So
> far.

Yeah, but I'm gonna say SW10 is the grand champion of worlds in a worse
state.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler 8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal. From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.