From: mrfantas...@gmail.com (Jeanne Morningstar)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: LNH/META: Crowdsourcing info: Lethal Lawyer
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 18:14:30 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Jeanne Morningstar - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 18:14 UTC

Hi everyone,

Lately in between bouts of writing HHS #50 with Drew (We're like 85%
done! I think!) I've been writing up various characters and stories for
the LNH Wiki. I'm really struggling to track down information about
Lethal Lawyer. Like... does anyone know what his deal is? Is he a member
of the LNH or one of their enemies? Have we ever seen a
non-Loonivearth-based member of the Lethal Lawyer Corps? Who created
him, even?

Any help here would be appreciated.

Jeanne Morningstar

Re: LNH/META: Crowdsourcing info: Lethal Lawyer

<svb72i$a76$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1369&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1369

From: mrfantas...@gmail.com (Jeanne Morningstar)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: Re: LNH/META: Crowdsourcing info: Lethal Lawyer
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 18:27:33 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Jeanne Morningstar - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 18:27 UTC

On 2/25/22 12:14 PM, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:
>Who created him, even?

Digging around in old rosters, it would appear to be Mark Freidman, with
Dvandom coming up with the concept of the Corps in Stranger Tales #5
(unless there's an older issue I missed). Whether the Lethal Lawyer
who's appeared in LNH stories is Ronn Kaylor if there's like six Lethal
Lawyers active on Earth as with the Green Lanterns, whether one or more
of them is a member of the LNH, I still have no idea.

Jeanne Morningstar

Re: LNH/META: Crowdsourcing info: Lethal Lawyer

<svcemd$afv$1@hope.eyrie.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1371&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1371

From: dvan...@eyrie.org (Dave Van Domelen)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 05:43:43 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Dave Van Domelen - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 05:43 UTC

In article <svb72i$a76$1@dont-email.me>,
Jeanne Morningstar <mrfantastic7@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 2/25/22 12:14 PM, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:
>>Who created him, even?
>>

>Digging around in old rosters, it would appear to be Mark Freidman, with
>Dvandom coming up with the concept of the Corps in Stranger Tales #5
>(unless there's an older issue I missed). Whether the Lethal Lawyer
>who's appeared in LNH stories is Ronn Kaylor if there's like six Lethal
>Lawyers active on Earth as with the Green Lanterns, whether one or more
>of them is a member of the LNH, I still have no idea.

I don't think I did anything with them beyond that one gag? And I lost
touch with Mark a decade ago or so, his old webpage got mostly deleted with a
link to a "new" webpage that hasn't been updated since 2013. So, no idea how
to reliably contact him, even assuming he remembers his LNH contributions.

Dave Van Domelen, still waiting for inspiration to strike on more Shadow
Girls, but did add them to the wiki.

Re: LNH/META: Crowdsourcing info: Lethal Lawyer

<svdh36$o4m$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1372&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1372

From: mrfantas...@gmail.com (Jeanne Morningstar)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 15:31:24 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Jeanne Morningstar - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 15:31 UTC

On 2/25/22 11:43 PM, Dave Van Domelen wrote:

> I don't think I did anything with them beyond that one gag?
And I lost
> touch with Mark a decade ago or so, his old webpage got mostly
deleted with a
> link to a "new" webpage that hasn't been updated since 2013. So, no
idea how
> to reliably contact him, even assuming he remembers his LNH
contributions.

Thanks. I know Saxon brought them up in Birth of a Villain #17; that was
what inspired me to start digging.

I had Victoria reference the Lethal Lawyer Corpse in Liminals #2.
Probably that was because it was a story about Flipseid and the
Alternate Darkness Saga was on my mind:

>"I'm a member of the LNH. I have the Lethal Lawyer Corps on speed
>dial." In fact, she'd left her phone at home, assuming she hadn't
>accidentally erase [sic] it from existence.

Which seems to imply the LNH has some kind of diplomatic relationship
with them now? Unless Vic was completely pulling this out of her
ass--but that seems more like something Sakura or Maria would do. Shrug
emoji.

> Dave Van Domelen, still waiting for inspiration to strike on
more Shadow
> Girls, but did add them to the wiki.

Well hopefully I will have caught up with the RACC reading backlog by
the time you get some.

Jeanne Morningstar