"The only way for a reporter to look at a politician is down." -- H. L. Mencken

arts / rec.arts.tv / Mayor of Kingstown

SubjectAuthor
* Mayor of KingstownRhino
+* Re: Mayor of KingstownBill Idgerant
|+* Re: Mayor of KingstownRhino
||`* Re: Mayor of KingstownEd Stasiak
|| `- Re: Mayor of KingstownRhino
|`* Re: Mayor of KingstownAdam H. Kerman
| +* Re: Mayor of KingstownRhino
| |`* Re: Mayor of KingstownAdam H. Kerman
| | +- Re: Mayor of Kingstownanim8rfsk
| | `- Re: Mayor of KingstownRhino
| `- Re: Mayor of Kingstownchromebook test
`* Re: Mayor of KingstownAdam H. Kerman
 +- Re: Mayor of KingstownThe Horny Goat
 `* Re: Mayor of KingstownBill Idgerant
  `- Re: Mayor of KingstownAdam H. Kerman

1
Mayor of Kingstown

<srqofj$lro$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=137021&group=rec.arts.tv#137021

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Mayor of Kingstown
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:51:29 -0500
 by: Rhino - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 02:51 UTC

I just finished the final episode of Mayor of Kingstown. I'm already
looking forward to a second season!

That's three Taylor Sheridan series I've watched - Yellowstone, Mayor of
Kingstown and the first episodes of 1883 - and I have to say I enjoy all
of them.

I can't find any individual threads for Mayor of Kingstown (except one I
started to verify that what was labelled as the first episode but was
actually the second) and Thunderbird doesn't let me search for text
within individual posts so I'm wondering what the rest of you who have
watched it think of it? I imagine it got discussed in the WDYW threads
but I'm not rereading dozens of those just to find the occasional word
about Mayor of Kingstown.

--
Rhino

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<1lgEJ.186569$VS2.182842@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=137094&group=rec.arts.tv#137094

Subject: Re: Mayor of Kingstown
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: Non...@fake.net (Bill Idgerant)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 08:07:40 -0700
 by: Bill Idgerant - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 15:07 UTC

On 2022-01-13 7:51 p.m., Rhino wrote:
> I just finished the final episode of Mayor of Kingstown. I'm already
> looking forward to a second season!
>
> That's three Taylor Sheridan series I've watched - Yellowstone, Mayor of
> Kingstown and the first episodes of 1883 - and I have to say I enjoy all
> of them.
>
> I can't find any individual threads for Mayor of Kingstown (except one I
> started to verify that what was labelled as the first episode but was
> actually the second) and Thunderbird doesn't let me search for text
> within individual posts so I'm wondering what the rest of you who have
> watched it think of it? I imagine it got discussed in the WDYW threads
> but I'm not rereading dozens of those just to find the occasional word
> about Mayor of Kingstown.

For an author who's allegedly offering wildly popular series there
doesn't seem to be much uptake on RATV. There have been threads started
on Y'stone's finale and on the first handful of 1883 that have generated
approximately 0 responses. Let's see if anyone jumps on this item.

And I agree that wading through WDYW to see if there's anything relevant
is nuts.

--
Bill Idgerant
(Not a real person)

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<srs7a6$bsk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=137108&group=rec.arts.tv#137108

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:10:43 -0500
 by: Rhino - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 16:10 UTC

On 2022-01-14 10:07 AM, Bill Idgerant wrote:
> On 2022-01-13 7:51 p.m., Rhino wrote:
>> I just finished the final episode of Mayor of Kingstown. I'm already
>> looking forward to a second season!
>>
>> That's three Taylor Sheridan series I've watched - Yellowstone, Mayor
>> of Kingstown and the first episodes of 1883 - and I have to say I
>> enjoy all of them.
>>
>> I can't find any individual threads for Mayor of Kingstown (except one
>> I started to verify that what was labelled as the first episode but
>> was actually the second) and Thunderbird doesn't let me search for
>> text within individual posts so I'm wondering what the rest of you who
>> have watched it think of it? I imagine it got discussed in the WDYW
>> threads but I'm not rereading dozens of those just to find the
>> occasional word about Mayor of Kingstown.
>>

> For an author who's allegedly offering wildly popular series there
> doesn't seem to be much uptake on RATV. There have been threads started
> on Y'stone's finale and on the first handful of 1883 that have generated
> approximately 0 responses. Let's see if anyone jumps on this item.

Sounds good to me ;-)

> And I agree that wading through WDYW to see if there's anything relevant
> is nuts.

I'm really disappointed that this newsreader doesn't let me search
within posts for specific words; all I can do is search subject lines.
But having tried other newsreaders, I'd say they are pretty hit-or-miss.
Given that Usenet is barely alive at this point, I get that developers
are likely to spend much time on newsreaders.

--
Rhino

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<a4e8e836-4509-4b35-b5f0-48b21863305fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=137156&group=rec.arts.tv#137156

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:10:57 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 20:10 UTC

> Rhino
>
> I just finished the final episode of Mayor of Kingstown. I'm already
> looking forward to a second season!

I’ll finish watching “Mayor Of Kingstown” at some point
but Taylor Sheridan not knowing jack shit about Michigan
despite setting the show there, kinda turned me off to it.

> I'm really disappointed that this newsreader doesn't let me search
> within posts for specific words; all I can do is search subject lines.
> But having tried other newsreaders, I'd say they are pretty hit-or-miss.
> Given that Usenet is barely alive at this point, I get that developers
> are likely to spend much time on newsreaders.

Google Groups lists several threads with comments about
“MoK” and also a thread from Ed “Man Old As Coal” Conrad
from 2007…

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<srsnqo$5u0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=137164&group=rec.arts.tv#137164

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 15:52:39 -0500
 by: Rhino - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 20:52 UTC

On 2022-01-14 3:10 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Rhino
>>
>> I just finished the final episode of Mayor of Kingstown. I'm already
>> looking forward to a second season!
>
> I’ll finish watching “Mayor Of Kingstown” at some point
> but Taylor Sheridan not knowing jack shit about Michigan
> despite setting the show there, kinda turned me off to it.
>
>> I'm really disappointed that this newsreader doesn't let me search
>> within posts for specific words; all I can do is search subject lines.
>> But having tried other newsreaders, I'd say they are pretty hit-or-miss.
>> Given that Usenet is barely alive at this point, I get that developers
>> are likely to spend much time on newsreaders.
>
> Google Groups lists several threads with comments about
> “MoK” and also a thread from Ed “Man Old As Coal” Conrad
> from 2007…

Ed Conrad? I remember that guy but hadn't thought about him in a very
long time....

I wonder how Ed Conrad was able to write about a show that started in
2021 in 2007? Perhaps there was another show with the same title then?
Hmm.... IMDB shows no previous show with that title. Maybe Ed is psychic
AND crazy?

--
Rhino

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<srsqrn$j4b$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=137181&group=rec.arts.tv#137181

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 21:44:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 21:44 UTC

Bill Idgerant <Noname@fake.net> wrote:

>For an author who's allegedly offering wildly popular series there
>doesn't seem to be much uptake on RATV. . . .

I'm watching satellite channels via cable, which is hideously expensive
enough. The Paramount satellite channel chose NOT to broadcast Mayor of
Kingston; I saw the first two episodes only. I liked the pilot but I
thought episode 2 was nothing I hadn't seen before. They get enough of
my money so I refuse to subscribe to the streaming version of the same
channel I already pay for.

Streaming has emptied out satellite and over-the-air broadcast. I'll be
damned if I'm going to pay for it. I won't even watch the streamers I
already have because I've got a laptop computer with Linux and HBO Max
insists it's Windows only and Peacock just stops and starts constantly.

I'm fed up with it all.

I'm tempted to start watching lots of pr0n and posting reviews to Usenet.
There's no acting and no bad scripts and it's free.

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<srsrqo$vb0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=137186&group=rec.arts.tv#137186

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 17:00:55 -0500
 by: Rhino - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 22:00 UTC

On 2022-01-14 4:44 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Bill Idgerant <Noname@fake.net> wrote:
>
>> For an author who's allegedly offering wildly popular series there
>> doesn't seem to be much uptake on RATV. . . .
>
> I'm watching satellite channels via cable, which is hideously expensive
> enough. The Paramount satellite channel chose NOT to broadcast Mayor of
> Kingston; I saw the first two episodes only. I liked the pilot but I
> thought episode 2 was nothing I hadn't seen before. They get enough of
> my money so I refuse to subscribe to the streaming version of the same
> channel I already pay for.
>
> Streaming has emptied out satellite and over-the-air broadcast. I'll be
> damned if I'm going to pay for it. I won't even watch the streamers I
> already have because I've got a laptop computer with Linux and HBO Max
> insists it's Windows only and Peacock just stops and starts constantly.
>
> I'm fed up with it all.
>
> I'm tempted to start watching lots of pr0n and posting reviews to Usenet.
> There's no acting and no bad scripts and it's free.

I wonder how many others missed Mayor of Kingstown for the same reasons?
I'll bet it's a lot of people....

--
Rhino

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<srsthd$ac5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=137196&group=rec.arts.tv#137196

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 22:30:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 22:30 UTC

>On 2022-01-14 4:44 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>Bill Idgerant <Noname@fake.net> wrote:
>>>For an author who's allegedly offering wildly popular series there
>>>doesn't seem to be much uptake on RATV. . . .
>>I'm watching satellite channels via cable, which is hideously expensive
>>enough. The Paramount satellite channel chose NOT to broadcast Mayor of
>>Kingston; I saw the first two episodes only. I liked the pilot but I
>>thought episode 2 was nothing I hadn't seen before. They get enough of
>>my money so I refuse to subscribe to the streaming version of the same
>>channel I already pay for.

>>Streaming has emptied out satellite and over-the-air broadcast. I'll be
>>damned if I'm going to pay for it. I won't even watch the streamers I
>>already have because I've got a laptop computer with Linux and HBO Max
>>insists it's Windows only and Peacock just stops and starts constantly.

>>I'm fed up with it all.
>>I'm tempted to start watching lots of pr0n and posting reviews to Usenet.
>>There's no acting and no bad scripts and it's free.

>I wonder how many others missed Mayor of Kingstown for the same reasons?
>I'll bet it's a lot of people....

Ian subscribed but there's no excuse for him not posting reviews.

I had separate threads for both the first and second episodes.

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<112548201.663892406.866515.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=137197&group=rec.arts.tv#137197

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 15:41:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 22:41 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> I'm watching satellite channels via cable, which is hideously expensive
>>> enough. The Paramount satellite channel chose NOT to broadcast Mayor of
>>> Kingston; I saw the first two episodes only. I liked the pilot but I
>>> thought episode 2 was nothing I hadn't seen before. They get enough of
>>> my money so I refuse to subscribe to the streaming version of the same
>>> channel I already pay for.
>
>>> Streaming has emptied out satellite and over-the-air broadcast. I'll be
>>> damned if I'm going to pay for it. I won't even watch the streamers I
>>> already have because I've got a laptop computer with Linux and HBO Max
>>> insists it's Windows only and Peacock just stops and starts constantly.
>
>>> I'm fed up with it all.
>
>>> I'm tempted to start watching lots of pr0n and posting reviews to Usenet.
>>> There's no acting and no bad scripts and it's free.
>
>> I wonder how many others missed Mayor of Kingstown for the same reasons?
>> I'll bet it's a lot of people....
>
> Ian subscribed but there's no excuse for him not posting reviews.

It’s on his list.

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<6b0a89d1-cadd-4134-97e9-b674cc35a148n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=137202&group=rec.arts.tv#137202

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 15:01:05 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 23:01 UTC

On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 4:44:27 PM UTC-5, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Bill Idgerant <Non...@fake.net> wrote:
>
> >For an author who's allegedly offering wildly popular series there
> >doesn't seem to be much uptake on RATV. . . .
>
> I'm watching satellite channels via cable, which is hideously expensive
> enough. The Paramount satellite channel chose NOT to broadcast Mayor of
> Kingston; I saw the first two episodes only. I liked the pilot but I
> thought episode 2 was nothing I hadn't seen before. They get enough of
> my money so I refuse to subscribe to the streaming version of the same
> channel I already pay for.
>
> Streaming has emptied out satellite and over-the-air broadcast. I'll be
> damned if I'm going to pay for it. I won't even watch the streamers I
> already have because I've got a laptop computer with Linux and HBO Max
> insists it's Windows only and Peacock just stops and starts constantly.
>
> I'm fed up with it all.

> I'm tempted to start watching lots of pr0n and posting reviews to Usenet.
> There's no acting and no bad scripts and it's free.

Unafraid of spoilers, I always fast forward to see how it ends :(

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<srt251$8s4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=137211&group=rec.arts.tv#137211

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 18:48:45 -0500
 by: Rhino - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 23:48 UTC

On 2022-01-14 5:30 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> I'm watching satellite channels via cable, which is hideously expensive
>>> enough. The Paramount satellite channel chose NOT to broadcast Mayor of
>>> Kingston; I saw the first two episodes only. I liked the pilot but I
>>> thought episode 2 was nothing I hadn't seen before. They get enough of
>>> my money so I refuse to subscribe to the streaming version of the same
>>> channel I already pay for.
>
>>> Streaming has emptied out satellite and over-the-air broadcast. I'll be
>>> damned if I'm going to pay for it. I won't even watch the streamers I
>>> already have because I've got a laptop computer with Linux and HBO Max
>>> insists it's Windows only and Peacock just stops and starts constantly.
>
>>> I'm fed up with it all.
>
>>> I'm tempted to start watching lots of pr0n and posting reviews to Usenet.
>>> There's no acting and no bad scripts and it's free.
>
>> I wonder how many others missed Mayor of Kingstown for the same reasons?
>> I'll bet it's a lot of people....
>
> Ian subscribed but there's no excuse for him not posting reviews.
>
> I had separate threads for both the first and second episodes.

I had trouble finding the first episode so decided to accumulate the
rest of the season then try again to find a real first episode; if I had
struck out, I would have just deleted the whole kit and kaboodle unseen.
But as it turned out, I found a first episode and then binge-watched it.
That was well after your threads were gone.

--
Rhino

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<tpj527$g34u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171390&group=rec.arts.tv#171390

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 07:45:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 07:45 UTC

>I just finished the final episode of Mayor of Kingstown. I'm already
>looking forward to a second season!

>That's three Taylor Sheridan series I've watched - Yellowstone, Mayor of
>Kingstown and the first episodes of 1883 - and I have to say I enjoy all
>of them.

>I can't find any individual threads for Mayor of Kingstown (except one I
>started to verify that what was labelled as the first episode but was
>actually the second) and Thunderbird doesn't let me search for text
>within individual posts so I'm wondering what the rest of you who have
>watched it think of it? I imagine it got discussed in the WDYW threads
>but I'm not rereading dozens of those just to find the occasional word
>about Mayor of Kingstown.

As I'm not paying for streaming, I borrowed Mayor of Kingstown from the
library. I just finished watching today.

I loved it. Just have to ignore that it's set in Michigan but it's
really the actual prison town in Ontario: Kingston.

It was well plotted. The tension built up among the episodes, leading to
the revenge murders and then the prison riot.

I was annoyed at first about the Iris character, concerned that they
weren't going to do anything original for her, but wow, it worked great.

Maybe Milo would have been scarier if he'd never been introduced?

I want more from Jeremy Renner, and now we won't get it. I'm so sorry
for what befell him.

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<pq6trh5bs6e9fi0674so6o37vudak1iuff@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171517&group=rec.arts.tv#171517

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 03:23:30 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 11:23 UTC

On Tue, 10 Jan 2023 07:45:11 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>I loved it. Just have to ignore that it's set in Michigan but it's
>really the actual prison town in Ontario: Kingston.

With all due respect Kingston, ON is ALSO the home to the Royal
Military College of Canada - in short it would be as accurate to call
West Point, NY an "actual prison town". It was also the colonial
capital of Canada way back when.

Both my late wife's uncles were graduates from that school and would
have been grossly insulted to have ever been referred to as prison
guards never mind of the brutish cartoonish sort prison guards are
normally played as on TV. (Right now I'm thinking of the ones in
Orange is the New Black but there are plenty of other examples on TV)

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<p3AvL.282032$vBI8.168216@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171535&group=rec.arts.tv#171535

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: Non...@fake.net (Bill Idgerant)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 07:53:09 -0700
 by: Bill Idgerant - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 14:53 UTC

On 2023-01-10 12:45 a.m., Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> I just finished the final episode of Mayor of Kingstown. I'm already
>> looking forward to a second season!
>
>> That's three Taylor Sheridan series I've watched - Yellowstone, Mayor of
>> Kingstown and the first episodes of 1883 - and I have to say I enjoy all
>> of them.
>
>> I can't find any individual threads for Mayor of Kingstown (except one I
>> started to verify that what was labelled as the first episode but was
>> actually the second) and Thunderbird doesn't let me search for text
>> within individual posts so I'm wondering what the rest of you who have
>> watched it think of it? I imagine it got discussed in the WDYW threads
>> but I'm not rereading dozens of those just to find the occasional word
>> about Mayor of Kingstown.
>
> As I'm not paying for streaming, I borrowed Mayor of Kingstown from the
> library. I just finished watching today.
>
> I loved it. Just have to ignore that it's set in Michigan but it's
> really the actual prison town in Ontario: Kingston.
>
> It was well plotted. The tension built up among the episodes, leading to
> the revenge murders and then the prison riot.
>
> I was annoyed at first about the Iris character, concerned that they
> weren't going to do anything original for her, but wow, it worked great.
>
> Maybe Milo would have been scarier if he'd never been introduced?
>
> I want more from Jeremy Renner, and now we won't get it. I'm so sorry
> for what befell him.

Season 2 was shot some time ago it seems and it launching on Paramount +
this weekend. I know you don't subscribe, but the season should be at
the library (or via torrents) some time in the near future.
--
Bill Idgerant
(Not a real person)

Re: Mayor of Kingstown

<tpmnep$ur9l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=171546&group=rec.arts.tv#171546

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 16:17:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 16:17 UTC

Bill Idgerant <Noname@fake.net> wrote:
>On 2023-01-10 12:45 a.m., Adam H. Kerman wrote:

>>. . .

>>I want more from Jeremy Renner, and now we won't get it. I'm so sorry
>>for what befell him.

>Season 2 was shot some time ago it seems and it launching on Paramount +
>this weekend. I know you don't subscribe, but the season should be at
>the library (or via torrents) some time in the near future.

It took well over a year for it to come out on home video.