I am a man: nothing human is alien to me. -- Publius Terentius Afer (Terence)

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)tenworld
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)anim8rfsk
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)Arthur Lipscomb
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
|  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)anim8rfsk
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
 |+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)anim8rfsk
 |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)Arthur Lipscomb
 | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)Adam H. Kerman
 |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)anim8rfsk
 | +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)Adam H. Kerman
 | |+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)Ubiquitous
 | |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)anim8rfsk
 | `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)Ubiquitous
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)Ubiquitous
  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)anim8rfsk
   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)Ian J. Ball
    `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)anim8rfsk

1
What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<UBI20220117@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138093&group=rec.arts.tv#138093

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 04:30:41 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 09:30 UTC

I watched:

DOCTOR WHO:
"Destiney of the Daleks". (JiP) The one with the Rick James aliens.

DOCTOR WHO:
"Logopolis". I only watched part one.

DOCTOR WHO:
"Mawdryn Undead". The stories seems to be declining in quality. This is
where we are introduced to Turlough and the Black and the White
Guardians.

IRON CHEF:
"Battle Scallops".

IRON CHEF:
"Battle Bell Pepper"

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<93895a9d-4e52-4f96-b8fc-27c2b3a3553en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138137&group=rec.arts.tv#138137

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 07:54:36 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)
From: ten...@world.std.com (tenworld)
 by: tenworld - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 15:54 UTC

On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 4:47:15 AM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> I watched:
>

> What did you watch?

NCIS:OWM - the team is officially the new guy's team and no hint of Gibbs. also introduces what
may be their version of the X-files basement nerds. which to me would be jumping the shark if
that becomes a regular part. Clever use of emojis as code though.

NCIS:H50 - mostly about lesbian relationships and incompetent drug lord security goons

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<ss6odo$5a2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138139&group=rec.arts.tv#138139

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 08:04:09 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 16:04 UTC

On 2022-01-18 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

I tried to do some prep work for the coming semester, and so watched a
lot less yesterday, though I did do an inventory of movies on the
various streamers and premiums that I may want to watch:

soaps: DOOL - The Devil's gambit works, and an enraged Chad throws EJ
to the wolves on the stand, though RedAbby is smart enough to realize
that "EJ" wasn't acting like "himself" and so is suspicious. On the
stand, Lucas also goes after EJ, and denies being involved in the
kidnapping.
GH - I think basically nothing happened. Britt also encourages Nina
to go after Sonny. Carly and Sonny have their umpteenth argument.

The Expanse (Prime) - "Strange Dogs" (ep. #6.1). This episode was
mostly set up. I was confused though, as the ep implies the asteroid
attacks against Earth have continued whereas I was pretty sure Earth
halted them in season #5. I also really disliked the "hard breaks"
between scenes in this episode - it didn't add anything and was
actually distracting.
Nice to see that they brought Anna Hopkins back for the final season.

The Wrong Blind Date (LMN) - This follows Hybrid's "Wrong" formula
pretty scrupulously.

Recorded for later: Ordinary Joe.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<ss72na$5gd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138160&group=rec.arts.tv#138160

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 10:59:53 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 18:59 UTC

On 1/18/2022 8:04 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-01-18 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I tried to do some prep work for the coming semester, and so watched a
> lot less yesterday, though I did do an inventory of movies on the
> various streamers and premiums that I may want to watch:
>
> soaps: DOOL - The Devil's gambit works, and an enraged Chad throws EJ to
> the wolves on the stand, though RedAbby is smart enough to realize that
> "EJ" wasn't acting like "himself" and so is suspicious. On the stand,
> Lucas also goes after EJ, and denies being involved in the kidnapping.
>   GH - I think basically nothing happened. Britt also encourages Nina
> to go after Sonny. Carly and Sonny have their umpteenth argument.
>
> The Expanse (Prime) - "Strange Dogs" (ep. #6.1). This episode was mostly
> set up. I was confused though, as the ep implies the asteroid attacks
> against Earth have continued whereas I was pretty sure Earth halted them
> in season #5. I also really disliked the "hard breaks" between scenes in
> this episode - it didn't add anything and was actually distracting.
>   Nice to see that they brought Anna Hopkins back for the final season.
>
> The Wrong Blind Date (LMN) - This follows Hybrid's "Wrong" formula
> pretty scrupulously.

Did the movie start with someone at night standing in front of a house
with large glass windows while wearing a hoodie?

> Recorded for later: Ordinary Joe.

I watched:

The Suicide Squad (4K disc) James Gunn wrote and directed this 2021
sequel which once again finds Taskforce X sent on a suicide mission on
behalf of the U.S. government. Along with several fan favorites from
the first movie are some new members including John Cena as
"Peacemaker." The movie held up great. I watched with a commentary
from James Gunn who spent a lot of the commentary pointing out just how
every other person you see on screen is a personal friend who was in the
movie because of their friendship. Gunn also mentioned that on one of
the days of filming Kevin Feige and another Marvel big wig came on set
and watched some of the movie being filmed and he was a little nervous
because they were watching a scene full of spoilers. I find it amusing
that on the fan side of things, amongst some fans there is this constant
rivalry between D.C. and Marvel, but on the studio side, they really
don't seem to care. First D.C. hires Whedon then they hire Gunn, and
the D.C. movies are full of actors who did Marvel movies and Marvel
movies are full of actors who did D.C. movies. When Kevin Feige can
causally stroll onto a D.C. set and watch them film spoilers, there is
definitely no rivalry between the studios.

Peacemaker (HBOMax) - "A Whole New Whirled," "Best Friends, For Never,"
and "Better Goff Dead." I binged through the first three episodes of
the new series that picks up with Peacemaker after the events of The
Suicide Squad. So far, it's pretty good.

The Doom Patrol (HBOMax) - I wrapped up the last two episodes of the
series. Episode 9 had it's moments, but overall the season as a whole
was not good.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<ss74v4$o2f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138164&group=rec.arts.tv#138164

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 11:38:12 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 19:38 UTC

On 2022-01-18 18:59:53 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> On 1/18/2022 8:04 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2022-01-18 09:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> I tried to do some prep work for the coming semester, and so watched a
>> lot less yesterday, though I did do an inventory of movies on the
>> various streamers and premiums that I may want to watch:
>>
>> The Wrong Blind Date (LMN) - This follows Hybrid's "Wrong" formula
>> pretty scrupulously.
>
> Did the movie start with someone at night standing in front of a house
> with large glass windows while wearing a hoodie?

No - it started with the ubiquitous "flashforward" to the film's
"climax", which a ton of Lifetime movies (incl. Hybrid flicks) have
been doing lately.

>> Recorded for later: Ordinary Joe.
>

> I watched:
>

> The Suicide Squad (4K disc) James Gunn wrote and directed this 2021
> sequel which once again finds Taskforce X sent on a suicide mission on
> behalf of the U.S. government. Along with several fan favorites from
> the first movie are some new members including John Cena as
> "Peacemaker." The movie held up great.

Of the three "Harley Quinn" movies, I still like "Birds of Prey" the best.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<761707638.664228143.499224.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138168&group=rec.arts.tv#138168

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 13:24:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 20:24 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> I watched:
>
> DOCTOR WHO:
> "Destiney of the Daleks". (JiP) The one with the Rick James aliens.
>
> DOCTOR WHO:
> "Logopolis". I only watched part one.
>
> DOCTOR WHO:
> "Mawdryn Undead". The stories seems to be declining in quality. This is
> where we are introduced to Turlough and the Black and the White
> Guardians.
>
> IRON CHEF:
> "Battle Scallops".
>
> IRON CHEF:
> "Battle Bell Pepper"
>
> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking! No I
I watched one of those all Doctor Who‘s and both of those iron chefs as
well as battle lettuce and battle egg. I avoided iron Chef America where
the Fix was always in for Bobby Flay because there’s no other way he could
beat an actual chef. All on the planet Pluto.

Speaking of the planet Pluto, the Netflix suggest that I watch a bunch of
science-fiction stuff I had so far I’ve looked at one, one of the worst
movies ever made, COLONY a.k.a. THE COLONY a.k.a. TIDES (2021) supposedly
filmed in English in Germany but I bet real money that the actors weren’t
speaking English and if they were they didn’t understand what they were
saying. I guarantee you the writers didn’t.

Here’s how it was. After Earth that was was used up the humans somehow
evacuated to Kepler 209 (the writers continuously confuse the designation
for the star with the designation for the planet) which is close to 2000
light years away but they can travel it in a year and a half with no
relativistic effects Using what looks to be 1969 technology (they land in
an Apollo capsule). While the real planets there are gas giants in the
movie they are Ceti alpha 5. Something has made human reproduction fail in
both men and women (you think one of the other would be sufficient) so they
start sending missions back to earth to see if it magically became
inhabitable again. The first mission back includes Duran Duran Senior, the
second mission includes his daughter Duran Duran Junior. Since people can’t
breed on city alpha five that means she must’ve been born on earth in the
first place so all of this is taking place in under 30 years. The set up
is your basic planet of the apes. The obligatory black astronaut dies
shortly after the crash landing. The obligatory cute female astronaut is
DOA. There are a couple dozen people that live on a beach and everybody
assumes the whole world is like that. The whole movie is filmed underground
in the dark in fog presumably to save money. Oh and with a green filter
presumably to be artistic. The idea is that if the astronauts find they can
breed on Earth (they have a little magic device to tell them that) then
everybody else will come back as well. What the Hells the point? if you
can’t survive where you are you may as well come back. In the handful of
years he’s been back, Duran Duran Senior has gotten the humans that were
left behind to build gigantic stone and metal plants with turbines and
everything with their bare hands before they quit on him. His headquarters
is decorated with storyboards from the film. Senior wants the humans to
return, Junior doesn’t, so she chokes him to death underwater (think about
it) but it’s too late and the last shot is what looks to be about 17 people
arriving from outer space in fog just like the end of CE3K.

It’s not nearly as good as I making it sound.

Also suggested by the Netflix:

Archive 81
Brazen
Sisyphus
Wild things
Zone 414

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<ss78ga$inh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138170&group=rec.arts.tv#138170

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 12:38:35 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 20:38 UTC

On 2022-01-18 20:24:32 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> [snip]
> Also suggested by the Netflix:
>
> Archive 81
> Brazen

Fuck Alyssa Milano!!

> Sisyphus
> Wild things
> Zone 414

I was thinking about checking this out, though I have "The November
Man" and "Security" higher on my list...

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<492649359.664236964.957868.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138193&group=rec.arts.tv#138193

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 15:24:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 22:24 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-01-18 20:24:32 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> [snip]
>> Also suggested by the Netflix:
>>
>> Archive 81
>> Brazen
>
> Fuck Alyssa Milano!!

30 years ago, sure. I am actually watching this right now because Emili
Ullerupup is in it. They are actually a good choice to play sisters. But
it’s an awful, awful movie.

>> Sisyphus
>> Wild things
>> Zone 414
>
> I was thinking about checking this out, though I have "The November
> Man" and "Security" higher on my list...

I rejected SECURITY on the basis that I reject anything with Antonio
Banderas in it.

The Netflix says that THE NOVEMBER MAN is on my list and I watched a third
of it at sometime probably because Olga.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<1408317528.664237389.303698.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138194&group=rec.arts.tv#138194

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 15:24:26 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 22:24 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-01-18 18:59:53 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

>>> I tried to do some prep work for the coming semester, and so watched a
>>> lot less yesterday, though I did do an inventory of movies on the
>>> various streamers and premiums that I may want to watch:
>>>
>>> The Wrong Blind Date (LMN) - This follows Hybrid's "Wrong" formula
>>> pretty scrupulously.
>>
>> Did the movie start with someone at night standing in front of a house
>> with large glass windows while wearing a hoodie?
>
> No - it started with the ubiquitous "flashforward" to the film's
> "climax", which a ton of Lifetime movies (incl. Hybrid flicks) have
> been doing lately.
>
>>> Recorded for later: Ordinary Joe.
>>

>> I watched:
>>

>> The Suicide Squad (4K disc) James Gunn wrote and directed this 2021
>> sequel which once again finds Taskforce X sent on a suicide mission on
>> behalf of the U.S. government. Along with several fan favorites from
>> the first movie are some new members including John Cena as
>> "Peacemaker." The movie held up great.
>
> Of the three "Harley Quinn" movies, I still like "Birds of Prey" the best.

That’s just because Ashley Scott not to mention I’ve always suspected you
have a secret thing for Laeta Kalogridis.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<ss7g4g$sm5$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138201&group=rec.arts.tv#138201

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 22:48:48 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 22:48 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>I watched:

>>DOCTOR WHO:
>>"Destiney of the Daleks". (JiP) The one with the Rick James aliens.

>>DOCTOR WHO:
>>"Logopolis". I only watched part one.

>>DOCTOR WHO:
>>"Mawdryn Undead". The stories seems to be declining in quality. This is
>>where we are introduced to Turlough and the Black and the White
>>Guardians.

>>IRON CHEF:
>>"Battle Scallops".

>>IRON CHEF:
>>"Battle Bell Pepper"

>>What did you watch?

>Hey, thanks for asking! No I
>I watched one of those all Doctor Who's

Which one?

Ubi is wrong. We were introduced to the White Guardian in "The Ribos
Operation", Season 16, which has the connected search for the Key to
Time episodes. In the sixth serial "The Armageddon Factor", it turns out
that the Black Guardian (Valentine Dyall) impersonated the White Guardian.

"Mawdryn Undead" is the first of three episodes with the Black Guardian
placing Turlough in The Doctor's path to destroy him. What the actual
plot was is unclear as Turlough is mostly annoying in an amusing way and
just not threatening at all.

But yeah, Ubi is correct that the sorry state of the writing was getting
worse and worse.

>and both of those iron chefs as well as battle lettuce and battle egg.

I'd watch a Doctor Who Iron Chef crossover, which would have made an
interesting part on "The Two Doctors".

>I avoided iron Chef America where
>the Fix was always in for Bobby Flay because there’s no other way he could
>beat an actual chef. All on the planet Pluto.

I loved "The Sun Makers" by Robert Holmes versus a fictional Inland
Revenue. It's hysterical. And Pluto was absolutely a planet.

>. . .

>Here's how it was. After Earth that was was used up . . .

Hahahahahahahaha

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<ss7hie$i17$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138206&group=rec.arts.tv#138206

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 15:13:16 -0800
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 23:13 UTC

On 1/18/2022 12:38 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-01-18 20:24:32 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> [snip]
>> Also suggested by the Netflix:
>>
>> Archive 81

I think I have a vague interest in this, but I have so much on the watch
list already.

>> Brazen
>> Sisyphus
>> Wild things
>> Zone 414
>
> I was thinking about checking this out, though I have "The November Man"
> and "Security" higher on my list...

I started Zone 414 and made my way through most of it. But I've had
little interest in finishing off the last 10 or 15 minutes of it. It's
not a good movie. And I'm 95% sure I know how it's going to end anyway.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<1316179453.664257299.363475.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138284&group=rec.arts.tv#138284

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:24:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 04:24 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> I watched:
>
>>> DOCTOR WHO:
>>> "Destiney of the Daleks". (JiP) The one with the Rick James aliens.
>
>>> DOCTOR WHO:
>>> "Logopolis". I only watched part one.
>
>>> DOCTOR WHO:
>>> "Mawdryn Undead". The stories seems to be declining in quality. This is
>>> where we are introduced to Turlough and the Black and the White
>>> Guardians.
>
>>> IRON CHEF:
>>> "Battle Scallops".
>
>>> IRON CHEF:
>>> "Battle Bell Pepper"
>
>>> What did you watch?
>
>> Hey, thanks for asking! No I
>> I watched one of those all Doctor Who's
>
> Which one?

Some of Logopolis, some of two doctors because Peri was so damn cute, some
of revelation of the Dalecks.

> Ubi is wrong. We were introduced to the White Guardian in "The Ribos
> Operation", Season 16, which has the connected search for the Key to
> Time episodes. In the sixth serial "The Armageddon Factor", it turns out
> that the Black Guardian (Valentine Dyall) impersonated the White Guardian.
>
> "Mawdryn Undead" is the first of three episodes with the Black Guardian
> placing Turlough in The Doctor's path to destroy him. What the actual
> plot was is unclear as Turlough is mostly annoying in an amusing way and
> just not threatening at all.
>
> But yeah, Ubi is correct that the sorry state of the writing was getting
> worse and worse.
>
>> and both of those iron chefs as well as battle lettuce and battle egg.
>
> I'd watch a Doctor Who Iron Chef crossover, which would have made an
> interesting part on "The Two Doctors".
>
>> I avoided iron Chef America where
>> the Fix was always in for Bobby Flay because there’s no other way he could
>> beat an actual chef. All on the planet Pluto.
>
> I loved "The Sun Makers" by Robert Holmes versus a fictional Inland
> Revenue. It's hysterical. And Pluto was absolutely a planet.
>
>> . . .
>
>> Here's how it was. After Earth that was was used up . . .
>
> Hahahahahahahaha

:)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<1946502471.664257452.496036.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138285&group=rec.arts.tv#138285

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:24:22 -0700

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 1/18/2022 12:38 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2022-01-18 20:24:32 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>
>>> [snip]
>>> Also suggested by the Netflix:
>>>
>>> Archive 81
>
> I think I have a vague interest in this, but I have so much on the watch
> list already.
>
>>> Brazen
>>> Sisyphus
>>> Wild things
>>> Zone 414
>>
>> I was thinking about checking this out, though I have "The November Man"
>> and "Security" higher on my list...
>>

> I started Zone 414 and made my way through most of it. But I've had
> little interest in finishing off the last 10 or 15 minutes of it. It's
> not a good movie. And I'm 95% sure I know how it's going to end anyway.

Brazen is astoundingly bad.
There’s no reason for it to be on Netflix. It’s a totally bottom tier
lifetime flick.

Alyssa Milano plays an overweight 50 year old romance novelist. She’s
giving a reading to about 30 lonely women. She’s congratulated on this
being their biggest turn out ever. Suddenly, and without warning, her cell
phone rings! She goes to her waiting car and says to the driver through his
window “sorry change of plans family! And then gets in behind him and adds
“to the airport!”

In the very next scene she’s arrived at her sisters house presumably in
another city carrying a great big suitcase. So she was empty-handed getting
in the car to the airport and fully equipped when she landed. Do they sell
fully stuffed suitcases in airport shops?

Her sister, the much cuter Emily all her up, has called her because… Well I
am really not sure why. Emily is a mess but she’s trying to get full
custody of her son named Kevin who her ex-husband is dressing like a girl
but nobody ever mentions that. She needs to raise some money to pay
lawyers to blackmail her husband with the fact that he’s been stealing
money from his families trust because that’s what lawyers do.

She also has a safe room that turns out to be an online dominatrix video
set that locks from the outside. Noticing that it locks from the outside
Alyssa assumes it’s a safe room.

Meanwhile Alyssa Milano notices a cute guy next door who just happens to be
a cop. She goes straight over and hits on him because she’s well past her
sell by date.

Emily who only needs to lose 10 pounds to look good in a dominatrix outfit
is murdered while Alyssa who needs to lose a good 20 pounds to look good in
the dominatrix outfit is next-door throwing herself at the cop. The cop
manages to get assigned the case even though he knows the victim and he’s
trying to boink her overweight sister and is on vacation and lives
next-door to the crime scene. His boss, the worlds stupidest female cop
boss, is happy to go along with anything an over the hill over the scale
writer says.

Now in full Aurora Teegarden mode they investigate the school where Emily
taught by day and the dominatrix outfit where she worked by night which is
in a lot better office space than is remotely plausible.

When she randomly says to a guy hanging around out side the school “hey did
you know my sister the teacher“ he introduces himself as being the son of a
female senator just totally out of the blue and you know we’ve got our
killer.

Meanwhile he kills a couple other people and they were all using the
Desiree name even though they weren’t.

Alyssa comes up with a plan to catch the bad guy by becoming the new
Desiree in her sisters home porn studio even though everybody knows who she
is and that she’s working with the police and that the lead cop on the
investigation lives next-door. Somehow she squeezes into the dominatrix
outfit which is as unlikely as the Ronin outfit in HAWKEYE fitting both
Hawkeye and his Hawkette equally well. The worlds dumbest lady cop boss
instantly approves this plan.

The cops arrest the wrong guy and then figure out who the right guy is and
get an arrest warrant for him. The worlds dumbest lady cop boss immediately
goes over to Alyssa‘s sisters house, tells her that now that they’ve put
out an arrest warrant the case is over and tells the cops that are staked
out waiting to catch the guy when he shows up to kill Alyssa to go home
leaving Alyssa standing there barely able to breathe in a way too tight
dominatrix outfit all alone.

The kid shows up and tries to kill her but the cop next-door shows up and
kills him first.

The end.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<ss94v3$dlm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138362&group=rec.arts.tv#138362

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 04:30:49 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 09:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> I watched:
>>
>> DOCTOR WHO:
>> "Destiney of the Daleks". (JiP) The one with the Rick James aliens.
>>
>> DOCTOR WHO:
>> "Logopolis". I only watched part one.
>>
>> DOCTOR WHO:
>> "Mawdryn Undead". The stories seems to be declining in quality. This is
>> where we are introduced to Turlough and the Black and the White
>> Guardians.
>>
>> IRON CHEF:
>> "Battle Scallops".
>>
>> IRON CHEF:
>> "Battle Bell Pepper"
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
>Hey, thanks for asking!
>I watched one of those all Doctor Who's and both of those iron chefs as
>well as battle lettuce and battle egg.

Wow, what a strange coincidence!

>I avoided iron Chef America where the Fix was always in for Bobby Flay
>because there's no other way he could beat an actual chef. All on the
>planet Pluto.

I take it that channel doesn't only play the original version?

>Also suggested by the Netflix:
>
>Archive 81
>Brazen

I noticed that stupid skank, Malyssa Ilano, was in it playing a skank.
No thanks.

--
Let's go Brandon!

�”

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<ss97p9$ulf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138387&group=rec.arts.tv#138387

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:38:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:38 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>>Hey, thanks for asking! No I
>>>I watched one of those all Doctor Who's

>>Which one?

>Some of Logopolis, some of two doctors because Peri was so damn cute, some
>of revelation of the Dalecks.

Peri (Nicola Bryant) in that pink bikini was sexy as hell in "Planet
of Fire", The Fifth Doctor (Peter Davison) episode in which she
was introduced, but Turlough rescuing her and the episode itself was
lousy. Then she had the misfortune of appearing in "The Twin Dilemna", in
which the regeneration into The Sixth Doctor (Colin Baker) goes horribly
wrong as he tries to murder her. 'Cuz really, this is what viewers want:
the hero murdering his companion with whom the audience sympathizes. The
writing couldn't have gotten any worse than that, but there were plenty
of low points still to come.

>>. . .

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<ss9ehh$9eh$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138484&group=rec.arts.tv#138484

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 11:33:52 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 16:33 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking! No I
>>> I watched one of those all Doctor Who's
>>
>> Which one?
>
>Some of Logopolis, some of two doctors because Peri was so damn cute, some
>of Revelation of the Dalecks.

I did noticed one of the multiple Doctors eps followed Logolopolis, but I
missed it because we went out for lunch and running errands.

Was Peri the one who mostly stood around and screamed?

>> Ubi is wrong. We were introduced to the White Guardian in "The Ribos
>> Operation", Season 16, which has the connected search for the Key to
>> Time episodes. In the sixth serial "The Armageddon Factor", it turns out
>> that the Black Guardian (Valentine Dyall) impersonated the White Guardian.
>>
>> "Mawdryn Undead" is the first of three episodes with the Black Guardian
>> placing Turlough in The Doctor's path to destroy him. What the actual
>> plot was is unclear as Turlough is mostly annoying in an amusing way and
>> just not threatening at all.
>>
>> But yeah, Ubi is correct that the sorry state of the writing was getting
>> worse and worse.

I have no recollection of the White Guardian being in the Key To Time eps,
but I do remember the Black Guardian was a big part of the Turlough eps. I
don't think I saw the rest of the Peter Davidson eps because the guy running
our local PBS hated SciFi and later graduated to Comcast, denying us the Sci
Fi Network for many years.

[Kerman's incporrect formatting fixed.]

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<ss9ept$9eh$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138485&group=rec.arts.tv#138485

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 11:38:21 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 16:38 UTC

In article <ss97p9$ulf$1@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>>Which one?
>
>>Some of Logopolis, some of two doctors because Peri was so damn cute, some
>>of revelation of the Dalecks.
>
>Peri (Nicola Bryant) in that pink bikini was sexy as hell in "Planet
>of Fire", The Fifth Doctor (Peter Davison) episode in which she
>was introduced, but Turlough rescuing her and the episode itself was
>lousy. Then she had the misfortune of appearing in "The Twin Dilemna", in
>which the regeneration into The Sixth Doctor (Colin Baker) goes horribly
>wrong as he tries to murder her. 'Cuz really, this is what viewers want:
>the hero murdering his companion with whom the audience sympathizes.

Sympathizes? I remember us cheering him on!
I remember hating Colin Baker as the Doctor.

>The writing couldn't have gotten any worse than that, but there were plenty
>of low points still to come.

I recall one ep with Sylvbester McCoy(?) in which he's wandering along some
industrial gangplanks and for no reason, decides to hang from the handrails,
ending the ep with a cliffhanger.

[Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed.]

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<1078862329.664313714.958460.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138544&group=rec.arts.tv#138544

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 13:29:34 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:29 UTC

tenworld <ten@world.std.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 4:47:15 AM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>>

> NCIS:OWM - the team is officially the new guy's team and no hint of
> Gibbs. also introduces what
> may be their version of the X-files basement nerds. which to me would be
> jumping the shark if
> that becomes a regular part. Clever use of emojis as code though.

Sort of but I refuse to believe that sending emojis requires less bandwidth
than simple text like SOS.

doesn’t NCIS have a react strike team that should’ve been sent on this
mission?

We’ve seen the basement nerds before although it might not have been these
basement nerds. Vance really needs to kick these guys into shape. The idea
that they aren’t doing their job because they are mad at McProbie
infuriates me.

Nice that they acknowledge which is the better Trek.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<1234731882.664314242.301009.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138545&group=rec.arts.tv#138545

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 13:29:35 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:29 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> I watched:
>>>
>>> DOCTOR WHO:
>>> "Destiney of the Daleks". (JiP) The one with the Rick James aliens.
>>>
>>> DOCTOR WHO:
>>> "Logopolis". I only watched part one.
>>>
>>> DOCTOR WHO:
>>> "Mawdryn Undead". The stories seems to be declining in quality. This is
>>> where we are introduced to Turlough and the Black and the White
>>> Guardians.
>>>
>>> IRON CHEF:
>>> "Battle Scallops".
>>>
>>> IRON CHEF:
>>> "Battle Bell Pepper"
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>> I watched one of those all Doctor Who's and both of those iron chefs as
>> well as battle lettuce and battle egg.
>

> Wow, what a strange coincidence!
>
>> I avoided iron Chef America where the Fix was always in for Bobby Flay
>> because there's no other way he could beat an actual chef. All on the
>> planet Pluto.
>
> I take it that channel doesn't only play the original version?

I don’t know. I did a search and both popped up. But I don’t know if they
were offered by the same source.

>> Also suggested by the Netflix:
>>
>> Archive 81
>> Brazen
>
> I noticed that stupid skank, Malyssa Ilano, was in it playing a skank.
> No thanks.

She can’t act anymore either.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!
>
> śâ€ť

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<1004259813.664314314.710256.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138546&group=rec.arts.tv#138546

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 13:29:36 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:29 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> Which one?
>
>> Some of Logopolis, some of two doctors because Peri was so damn cute, some
>> of revelation of the Dalecks.
>
> Peri (Nicola Bryant) in that pink bikini was sexy as hell in "Planet
> of Fire", The Fifth Doctor (Peter Davison) episode in which she
> was introduced, but Turlough rescuing her and the episode itself was
> lousy. Then she had the misfortune of appearing in "The Twin Dilemna", in
> which the regeneration into The Sixth Doctor (Colin Baker) goes horribly
> wrong as he tries to murder her. 'Cuz really, this is what viewers want:
> the hero murdering his companion with whom the audience sympathizes. The
> writing couldn't have gotten any worse than that, but there were plenty
> of low points still to come.
>
>>> . . .

Yeesh

My classic who was mostly Baker and Pertwee

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<ssa31i$nf7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138569&group=rec.arts.tv#138569

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:23:46 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 22:23 UTC

On 2022-01-19 20:29:35 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> Also suggested by the Netflix:
>>>
>>> Archive 81
>>> Brazen
>>
>> I noticed that stupid skank, Malyssa Ilano, was in it playing a skank.
>> No thanks.
>
> She can’t act anymore either.

When could she?!?!!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-01-17 (Monday)

<1109132719.664340519.443574.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138618&group=rec.arts.tv#138618

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:02:46 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 03:02 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-01-19 20:29:35 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> I noticed that stupid skank, Malyssa Ilano, was in it playing a skank.
>>> No thanks.
>>
>> She can’t act anymore either.
>
> When could she?!?!!

She was pretty good in that movie with Charlotte Lewis.