If you can't understand it, it is intuitively obvious.

arts / alt.tv.survivor / Re: S46 Ep01 Spoilers and Comments (2/28/2024)

SubjectAuthor
* S46 Ep01 Spoilers and Comments (2/28/2024)Brian Smith
`* Re: S46 Ep01 Spoilers and Comments (2/28/2024)Brian Smith
 +* Re: S46 Ep01 Spoilers and Comments (2/28/2024)Brian Smith
 |`- Re: S46 Ep01 Spoilers and Comments (2/28/2024)Brian Smith
 `- Re: S46 Ep01 Spoilers and Comments (2/28/2024)shawn

1
S46 Ep01 Spoilers and Comments (2/28/2024)

<urol37$5rac$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1379&group=alt.tv.survivor#1379

From: dcg_br...@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: S46 Ep01 Spoilers and Comments (2/28/2024)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 18:02:29 -0700
 by: Brian Smith - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 01:02 UTC

Two-hour premiere tonight! More later.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep01 Spoilers and Comments (2/28/2024)

<urpfju$e6is$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1380&group=alt.tv.survivor#1380

From: dcg_br...@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Subject: Re: S46 Ep01 Spoilers and Comments (2/28/2024)
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 01:35:10 -0700
 by: Brian Smith - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 08:35 UTC

On 2/28/2024 6:02 PM, Brian Smith wrote:
> Two-hour premiere tonight! More later.

I thought tonight's episode was pretty good. Having two hours gave the
editors enough time to give us a decent idea of what many of the players
are like. I liked that they tried out some new things such as having us
hear from a player to start the season off instead of Jeff. Was that by
design or does what Tevin said foreshadow how the season plays out? I
also liked how they used a challenge and Sweat vs. Savvy to determine
who got supplies.

You'd think that after 45 seasons players would be more self-aware.
Jelinsky was so self-unaware that he came across as being stupid. When
he quit during the Sweat challenge I figured he was in deep trouble. And
what was with the "several" means "seven" crap? He also looked dumb
during the Journey. Maria totally played him. The saddest part about
Jelinsky is that he believed he was a legend.

Liz was another self-unaware player but she lucked out being on what
looks like a strong tribe. I find her super annoying, especially the
talking in third-person crap. Her biggest WTF moment for me was when
Tevin called Venus a princess and Liz said something like "I was gonna
say the same thing but then I remembered that you're Canadian." WTF?!

Jess was another player who looked like she shouldn't have been cast.
Hopefully she gets some sleep and starts playing the game. This tweet
from Dalton about her is interesting.

It was even worse than what you saw with Jess at that first #Survivor
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/Survivor?src=hashtag_click>Tribal Council.
For example… instead of the urn, she tried to put her vote into the bag
with the Shot in the Dark scrolls.

https://twitter.com/DaltonRoss/status/1763035353756184764

I thought the Beware Advantage Tiff found was very well done. She had to
really work to get that HII and if I understand correctly, she has no
vote at her next TC. How she solved that cryptic puzzle is beyond me.
Kenzie seemed lost as well.

I had to laugh during the IC when Jelinsky and Jess ended up doing the
puzzle for their tribe. He was so bad at it and didn't seem to
understand anything Kenzie was telling him to do.

Thank God Q, the Number 2 realtor in the country, persisted and got the
others to vote Jelinsky out. Quitting twice in the first few days is not
a good sign.

So far I'm enjoying the vast majority of this cast. My early faves are
Tiff, Venus, Kenzie, and of course Soda!

Next week is another two hour episode. I was a bit surprised that the
preview for next week didn't hint at much other than challenge incompetence.

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep01 Spoilers and Comments (2/28/2024)

<urpg4c$e6j3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1381&group=alt.tv.survivor#1381

From: dcg_br...@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 01:43:56 -0700
 by: Brian Smith - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 08:43 UTC

On 2/29/2024 1:35 AM, Brian Smith wrote:
> On 2/28/2024 6:02 PM, Brian Smith wrote:
>> Two-hour premiere tonight! More later.
>>
> I thought tonight's episode was pretty good. Having two hours gave the
> editors enough time to give us a decent idea of what many of the
> players are like. I liked that they tried out some new things such as
> having us hear from a player to start the season off instead of Jeff.
> Was that by design or does what Tevin said foreshadow how the season
> plays out? I also liked how they used a challenge and Sweat vs. Savvy
> to determine who got supplies.
>
> You'd think that after 45 seasons players would be more self-aware.
> Jelinsky was so self-unaware that he came across as being stupid. When
> he quit during the Sweat challenge I figured he was in deep trouble.
> And what was with the "several" means "seven" crap? He also looked
> dumb during the Journey. Maria totally played him. The saddest part
> about Jelinsky is that he believed he was a legend.
>
> Liz was another self-unaware player but she lucked out being on what
> looks like a strong tribe. I find her super annoying, especially the
> talking in third-person crap. Her biggest WTF moment for me was when
> Tevin called Venus a princess and Liz said something like "I was gonna
> say the same thing but then I remembered that you're Canadian." WTF?!
>
> Jess was another player who looked like she shouldn't have been cast.
> Hopefully she gets some sleep and starts playing the game. This tweet
> from Dalton about her is interesting.
>
> It was even worse than what you saw with Jess at that first #Survivor
> <https://twitter.com/hashtag/Survivor?src=hashtag_click>Tribal
> Council. For example… instead of the urn, she tried to put her vote
> into the bag with the Shot in the Dark scrolls.
>
> https://twitter.com/DaltonRoss/status/1763035353756184764
>
> I thought the Beware Advantage Tiff found was very well done. She had
> to really work to get that HII and if I understand correctly, she has
> no vote at her next TC. How she solved that cryptic puzzle is beyond
> me. Kenzie seemed lost as well.
>
> I had to laugh during the IC when Jelinsky and Jess ended up doing the
> puzzle for their tribe. He was so bad at it and didn't seem to
> understand anything Kenzie was telling him to do.
>
> Thank God Q, the Number 2 realtor in the country, persisted and got
> the others to vote Jelinsky out. Quitting twice in the first few days
> is not a good sign.
>
> So far I'm enjoying the vast majority of this cast. My early faves are
> Tiff, Venus, Kenzie, and of course Soda!
>
> Next week is another two hour episode. I was a bit surprised that the
> preview for next week didn't hint at much other than challenge
> incompetence.

Couple of tweets from Mike Bloom concerning stuff we didn't see at TC.

If you thought that it was clear Jelinsky was going at #Survivor
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/Survivor?src=hashtag_click>TC, it was even
more apparent in real life. At one point before the vote, Bhanu said, "I
love that kid, but I can’t handle it anymore." Jelinsky replied, "Those
words don't sound too good." He believed they were just really laying it
on thick to take out Jess. He was blindsided.

https://twitter.com/AMikeBloomType/status/1763038699229503871

#Survivor <https://twitter.com/hashtag/Survivor?src=hashtag_click>

YANU VOTING CONFESSIONALS

Kenzie - “You can’t stop talking. It’s too early to be blabber mouthing
everything.”

Jelinsky - “If I somehow make it out of this vote tonight, I’ll know
where I stand. And I stand somewhere really good.” He looked around for
idols before leaving.

Bhanu - Paused significantly in the voting booth. “Love you man, but I
have to stick with the tribe.”

Q - Didn’t hesitate to write down Jelinsky. “I hope you take this
experience and you understand. You’re a good kid, but you can’t give up
so much.”

Tiffany - Took a look inside the Shot in the Dark jar before voting.
“First I hope I didn’t butcher your last name. I hope you can still come
to Jersey. I can’t be on a tribe with someone who I can’t trust with my
secrets.”

Jess - “At the time he was supposed to be a team player, he wasn’t. If
there’s a universe where the tribe keeps him over me, I’d really like to
know where that is. Thank you."

https://twitter.com/AMikeBloomType/status/1763036196463079495

--
Brian

Re: S46 Ep01 Spoilers and Comments (2/28/2024)

<l141uitj7i6un04teaa9c4pr544o0i5fan@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1382&group=alt.tv.survivor#1382

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 09:16:28 -0500
 by: shawn - Thu, 29 Feb 2024 14:16 UTC

On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 01:35:10 -0700, Brian Smith
<dcg_brian@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 2/28/2024 6:02 PM, Brian Smith wrote:
>> Two-hour premiere tonight! More later.
>>
>I thought tonight's episode was pretty good. Having two hours gave the
>editors enough time to give us a decent idea of what many of the players
>are like. I liked that they tried out some new things such as having us
>hear from a player to start the season off instead of Jeff. Was that by
>design or does what Tevin said foreshadow how the season plays out? I
>also liked how they used a challenge and Sweat vs. Savvy to determine
>who got supplies.

Agreed. I was happy with this episode.

>You'd think that after 45 seasons players would be more self-aware.
>Jelinsky was so self-unaware that he came across as being stupid. When
>he quit during the Sweat challenge I figured he was in deep trouble. And
>what was with the "several" means "seven" crap? He also looked dumb
>during the Journey. Maria totally played him. The saddest part about
>Jelinsky is that he believed he was a legend.

It was clear that Jelinsky couldn't see the hole he was digging for
himself with his quitting and then not being willing to own his
actions and apologize for it.

>Liz was another self-unaware player but she lucked out being on what
>looks like a strong tribe. I find her super annoying, especially the
>talking in third-person crap. Her biggest WTF moment for me was when
>Tevin called Venus a princess and Liz said something like "I was gonna
>say the same thing but then I remembered that you're Canadian." WTF?!
>
>Jess was another player who looked like she shouldn't have been cast.
>Hopefully she gets some sleep and starts playing the game. This tweet
>from Dalton about her is interesting.

I'm not so sure about Jess as no one can be sure how someone will
react to being out there on the island. She had good moments but is
clearly being impacted poorly by the lack of sleep. If she can get
over that then I hope we will see her doing better.

>It was even worse than what you saw with Jess at that first #Survivor
><https://twitter.com/hashtag/Survivor?src=hashtag_click>Tribal Council.
>For example… instead of the urn, she tried to put her vote into the bag
>with the Shot in the Dark scrolls.
>
>https://twitter.com/DaltonRoss/status/1763035353756184764
>
>I thought the Beware Advantage Tiff found was very well done. She had to
>really work to get that HII and if I understand correctly, she has no
>vote at her next TC. How she solved that cryptic puzzle is beyond me.
>Kenzie seemed lost as well.

I didn't spend enough time looking at the puzzle but it seemed like
she just did basic substitution once she thought "oh, this three
letter word could be THE" and working from there to puzzle out the
rest of the words.

>I had to laugh during the IC when Jelinsky and Jess ended up doing the
>puzzle for their tribe. He was so bad at it and didn't seem to
>understand anything Kenzie was telling him to do.

Which just sealed how useless he actually was for the tribe.

>Thank God Q, the Number 2 realtor in the country, persisted and got the
>others to vote Jelinsky out. Quitting twice in the first few days is not
>a good sign.
>
>So far I'm enjoying the vast majority of this cast. My early faves are
>Tiff, Venus, Kenzie, and of course Soda!
>
>Next week is another two hour episode. I was a bit surprised that the
>preview for next week didn't hint at much other than challenge incompetence.

Re: S46 Ep01 Spoilers and Comments (2/28/2024)

<urrmrm$12pjk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1383&group=alt.tv.survivor#1383

From: dcg_br...@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 21:50:58 -0700
 by: Brian Smith - Fri, 1 Mar 2024 04:50 UTC

On 2/29/2024 1:43 AM, Brian Smith wrote:
> On 2/29/2024 1:35 AM, Brian Smith wrote:
>> On 2/28/2024 6:02 PM, Brian Smith wrote:
>>> Two-hour premiere tonight! More later.

Some info from Jess regarding her being tired.

To clarify: I have high blood pressure and was allowed to take my blood
pressure meds w/ me!! At the time of filming, I was not on ADHD meds...
I'm not convinced they would have helped me (they might have exacerbated
my sleep issues?)

https://twitter.com/crocophant/status/1763299451140186452

--
Brian