From: aubrey.w...@gop.org (Alangisor)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,rec.arts.tv,alt.survival,talk.politics.misc
Subject: Will Accused Tax Evading Criminal Trump Spend His Last Days In Prison? IT'S LOOKING GOOD!
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:08:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Alangisor - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:08 UTC

New York attorney general alleges Trump firm misled banks and tax
officials

Court filing says investigators are seeking to question Donald Trump and
his two eldest children

The New York attorney general�s office has told a court that its
investigators have uncovered evidence that Donald Trump�s company used
�fraudulent or misleading� asset valuations to get loans and tax benefits.

The court filing late on Tuesday said state authorities had not yet
decided whether to bring a civil lawsuit in connection with the
allegations, but that investigators needed to question Trump and his two
eldest children as part of their inquiries.

The former US president and his lawyers say the investigation is
politically motivated.

In the court documents, the office of the attorney general, Letitia James,
gave its most detailed accounting yet of its investigation into
allegations that Trump�s company repeatedly misstated the value of assets
to get favourable loan terms or reduce its tax burden.

Using personal financial statements from 2004 to 2020 that were filed by
Trump�s accounting firm, Mazars, the attorney general�s office said the
Trump Organization overstated the value of land donations made in New York
and California on paperwork submitted to the IRS to justify several
million dollars in tax deductions.
The New York Times said the subpoenas for Ivanka and Don Jr �were served
on 1 December, according to a person with knowledge of the matter�.
New York attorney general subpoenas Donald Trump Jr and Ivanka Trump �
report
Read more

The company misreported the size of Trump�s Manhattan penthouse, saying it
was nearly three times its actual size � a difference in value of about
$200m (�147m), James�s office alleged, citing deposition testimony from
Trump�s longtime financial chief Allen Weisselberg, who was charged last
year with tax fraud in a parallel criminal investigation.

Valuations of Trump golf clubs in Westchester county, New York and
Scotland were inflated, the attorney general�s office says, with the Trump
Organization claiming that multiple, ultimately nonexistent mansions worth
millions of dollars had been built on the family�s family estate. The
company also claimed that there were $150,000 initiation fees into Trump�s
Westchester golf course that were never collected.

Citing this new additional evidence that Trump and the Trump Organization
made fraudulent and misleading asset valuations to boost their appearance
to potential lenders and investors, James� office detailed its findings in
a court motion seeking to force Trump, his daughter Ivanka Trump and his
son Donald Trump Jr to comply with subpoenas seeking their testimony.

Messages seeking comment were left with lawyers for the Trumps.

Trump�s legal team has sought to block the subpoenas, calling them �an
unprecedented and unconstitutional manoeuvre�. They say James is
improperly attempting to obtain testimony that could then be used in the
parallel criminal investigation, being overseen by the Manhattan district
attorney, Alvin Bragg.

Trump sued James in federal court last month, seeking to put an end to her
investigation. In the suit, his lawyers claimed the attorney general, a
Democrat, had violated the Republican�s constitutional rights in a �thinly
veiled effort to publicly malign Trump and his associates�.

In the past, the Republican ex-president has decried James�s and Bragg�s
investigations as part of a �witch-hunt�.

In a statement late on Tuesday, James�s office said it had not decided
whether the evidence outlined in the court papers merited legal action,
but the investigation should proceed unimpeded.
Donald Trump<br>Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump drives
himself to the golf course to watch the final round of the Cadillac
Championship golf tournament, Sunday, March 6, 2016, in Doral, Fla. (AP
Photo/Marta Lavandier)
How Trump�s $50m golf club became $1.4m when it came time to pay tax
Read more

�For more than two years, the Trump Organization has used delay tactics
and litigation in an attempt to thwart a legitimate investigation into its
financial dealings,� James said.

�No one in this country can pick and choose if and how the law applies to
them. We will not be deterred in our efforts to continue this
investigation and ensure that no one is above the law.�

Although James�s civil investigation is separate from the criminal
investigation, her office has been involved in both, sending several
lawyers to work side by side with prosecutors from the Manhattan DA�s
office.

One judge has previously sided with James on other matters relating to the
investigation, including making another Trump son, the Trump Organization
executive Eric Trump, testify after his lawyers abruptly cancelled a
scheduled deposition.

Last year, the Manhattan district attorney brought tax fraud charges
against the Trump Organization and Weisselberg. Weisselberg pleaded not
guilty to charges alleging he and the company evaded taxes on lucrative
fringe benefits paid to executives.

Both investigations are at least partly related to allegations made in
news reports and by Trump�s former personal lawyer Michael Cohen that
Trump had a history of misrepresenting the value of assets.

Associated Press contributed to this report

Re: Will Accused Tax Evading Criminal Trump Spend His Last Days In Prison? IT'S LOOKING GOOD!

<ss97u6$f40d$37@news.freedyn.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138390&group=rec.arts.tv#138390

Followup: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
From: namblame...@gop.org (! Kurt Nicklas)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,rec.arts.tv,alt.survival,talk.politics.misc
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:41:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: ! Kurt Nicklas - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:41 UTC

Alangisor wrote

> Subject: Will Accused Tax Evading Criminal Trump Spend His Last Days In
Prison? IT'S LOOKING GOOD!
> From: Alangisor <aubrey.workman@gop.org>
> Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-
limbaugh,alt.atheism,rec.arts.tv,alt.survival,talk.politics.misc

> [...]
> office.
>
> One judge has previously sided with James on other matters relating to
the
> investigation, including making another Trump son, the Trump
Organization
> executive Eric Trump, testify after his lawyers abruptly cancelled a
> scheduled deposition.
>
> Last year, the Manhattan district attorney brought tax fraud charges
> against the Trump Organization and Weisselberg. Weisselberg pleaded not
> guilty to charges alleging he and the company evaded taxes on lucrative
> fringe benefits paid to executives.
>
> Both investigations are at least partly related to allegations made in
> news reports and by Trump's former personal lawyer Michael Cohen that
> Trump had a history of misrepresenting the value of assets.
>
> Associated Press contributed to this report

Bury him in the prison yard. Meanwhile, the blacks / hispanics will
love his tight white asshole.

Re: Will Accused Tax Evading Criminal Trump Spend His Last Days In Prison? IT'S LOOKING GOOD!

<ss9ak8$f5ap$9@news.freedyn.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138446&group=rec.arts.tv#138446

Followup: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
From: namblame...@gop.org (! Kurt Nicklas)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,rec.arts.tv,alt.survival,talk.politics.misc
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:27:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: ! Kurt Nicklas - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:27 UTC