The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

SubjectAuthor
* I vant to speak with IvankaAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: I vant to speak with IvankaBTR1701
|+* Re: I vant to speak with IvankamoviePig
||`* Re: I vant to speak with Ivankatrotsky
|| `* Re: I vant to speak with IvankamoviePig
||  `* Re: I vant to speak with Ivankatrotsky
||   `* Re: I vant to speak with IvankamoviePig
||    `- Re: I vant to speak with IvankaJG Rove
|+- Re: I vant to speak with Ivankatrotsky
|`- Re: I vant to speak with IvankaUbiquitous
+* Re: I vant to speak with IvankaRhino
|`- Re: I vant to speak with Ivankadanny burstein
+* Re: I vant to speak with IvankaA Friend
|`- Re: I vant to speak with IvankaUbiquitous
`- Re: I vant to speak with IvankaDavid Johnston

1
I vant to speak with Ivanka

<ssc8md$d9k$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138692&group=rec.arts.tv#138692

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: I vant to speak with Ivanka
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:12:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:12 UTC

The House January 6 committee has asked Ivanka to "voluntarily" sit for
an interview in which she's going to related what she heard her father
say to Mike Pence in a telephone call in which Trump tried to get Pence
to repudiate the election.

I don't get it. Isn't there a transcript of the phone call? Isn't there
a recording? Shouldn't they get it straight from Pence since Ivanka
wouldn't have heard Pence's side of it unless it were on speakerphone?

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<atropos-1F7AC8.10184520012022@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138696&group=rec.arts.tv#138696

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 10:18:45 -0800
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:18 UTC

In article <ssc8md$d9k$5@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> The House January 6 committee has asked Ivanka to "voluntarily" sit for
> an interview in which she's going to related what she heard her father
> say to Mike Pence in a telephone call in which Trump tried to get Pence
> to repudiate the election.
>
> I don't get it. Isn't there a transcript of the phone call? Isn't there
> a recording? Shouldn't they get it straight from Pence since Ivanka
> wouldn't have heard Pence's side of it unless it were on speakerphone?

Yes, going to Ivanka for this information is ridiculous and just a
political stunt done for the visual of having the president's daughter
in the crosshairs.

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<ssc9e2$v5d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138698&group=rec.arts.tv#138698

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 13:25:04 -0500
 by: Rhino - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:25 UTC

On 2022-01-20 1:12 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> The House January 6 committee has asked Ivanka to "voluntarily" sit for
> an interview in which she's going to related what she heard her father
> say to Mike Pence in a telephone call in which Trump tried to get Pence
> to repudiate the election.

"Voluntarily?" So, what are they threatening to do if she doesn't?

> I don't get it. Isn't there a transcript of the phone call? Isn't there
> a recording?

I expect they think it would be more "compelling" (damning!) if Ivanka
said it outright than if they merely published a transcript or got
someone to read it aloud.

> Shouldn't they get it straight from Pence since Ivanka
> wouldn't have heard Pence's side of it unless it were on speakerphone?

The Democrats would probably consider it poetic justice if Trump was
wounded directly by one of his own offspring than by some politician
with an obvious axe to grind.

--
Rhino

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<ssc9gm$a8h$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138699&group=rec.arts.tv#138699

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:26:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:26 UTC

In <ssc9e2$v5d$1@dont-email.me> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> writes:

>On 2022-01-20 1:12 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> The House January 6 committee has asked Ivanka to "voluntarily" sit for
>> an interview in which she's going to related what she heard her father
>> say to Mike Pence in a telephone call in which Trump tried to get Pence
>> to repudiate the election.
>>
>"Voluntarily?" So, what are they threatening to do if she doesn't?

putting aside the larger politics/picture here, this sort
of stuff is generally the progression of "inviting",
then "demanding", then "subpoena", etc...

(more or less)

dannyb@panix.com

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<OQiGJ.371782$IW4.324879@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138710&group=rec.arts.tv#138710

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 14:36:14 -0500
 by: moviePig - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 19:36 UTC

On 1/20/2022 1:18 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <ssc8md$d9k$5@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> The House January 6 committee has asked Ivanka to "voluntarily" sit for
>> an interview in which she's going to related what she heard her father
>> say to Mike Pence in a telephone call in which Trump tried to get Pence
>> to repudiate the election.
>>
>> I don't get it. Isn't there a transcript of the phone call? Isn't there
>> a recording? Shouldn't they get it straight from Pence since Ivanka
>> wouldn't have heard Pence's side of it unless it were on speakerphone?
>
> Yes, going to Ivanka for this information is ridiculous and just a
> political stunt done for the visual of having the president's daughter
> in the crosshairs.

Possibly so, and possibly a tone-deaf miscalculation.

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<200120221449419409%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138712&group=rec.arts.tv#138712

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 14:49:41 -0500
 by: A Friend - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 19:49 UTC

<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> The House January 6 committee has asked Ivanka to "voluntarily" sit for
> an interview in which she's going to related what she heard her father
> say to Mike Pence in a telephone call in which Trump tried to get Pence
> to repudiate the election.
>
> I don't get it. Isn't there a transcript of the phone call? Isn't there
> a recording? Shouldn't they get it straight from Pence since Ivanka
> wouldn't have heard Pence's side of it unless it were on speakerphone?

And is this "interview" going to be under oath? We've seen charades
like that before, when it wasn't. Cf. the Ted Stevens case.

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<sscpcd$1nb1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138761&group=rec.arts.tv#138761

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 16:57:16 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 22:57 UTC

On 1/20/2022 1:36 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 1/20/2022 1:18 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <ssc8md$d9k$5@dont-email.me>,
>>   "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The House January 6 committee has asked Ivanka to "voluntarily" sit for
>>> an interview in which she's going to related what she heard her father
>>> say to Mike Pence in a telephone call in which Trump tried to get Pence
>>> to repudiate the election.
>>>
>>> I don't get it. Isn't there a transcript of the phone call? Isn't there
>>> a recording? Shouldn't they get it straight from Pence since Ivanka
>>> wouldn't have heard Pence's side of it unless it were on speakerphone?
>>
>> Yes, going to Ivanka for this information is ridiculous and just a
>> political stunt done for the visual of having the president's daughter
>> in the crosshairs.
>
> Possibly so, and possibly a tone-deaf miscalculation.

A miscalculation? To see if these pieces of shit have the spines to
respond to subpoenas? What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you trying
to be Derp's buddy now? He's talking shit because he's a piece of shit
too. None of these people deserve any leniency whatsoever. Some of
them deserve to be executed for their crimes. Which part of this sounds
like a "miscalculation" to you?

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<ERlGJ.50680$Y01.9652@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138762&group=rec.arts.tv#138762

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 18:01:55 -0500
 by: moviePig - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 23:01 UTC

On 1/20/2022 5:57 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 1/20/2022 1:36 PM, moviePig wrote:
>> On 1/20/2022 1:18 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Yes, going to Ivanka for this information is ridiculous and just a
>>> political stunt done for the visual of having the president's daughter
>>> in the crosshairs.
>>
>> Possibly so, and possibly a tone-deaf miscalculation.
>

> A miscalculation?  To see if these pieces of shit have the spines to
> respond to subpoenas?  What the fuck is wrong with you?  Are you trying
> to be Derp's buddy now?  He's talking shit because he's a piece of shit
> too.  None of these people deserve any leniency whatsoever.  Some of
> them deserve to be executed for their crimes.  Which part of this sounds
> like a "miscalculation" to you?

The part where we put a comely young woman on live TV and grill her
mercilessly about the father she loves. WCGW?

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<sscr1d$379$9@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138781&group=rec.arts.tv#138781

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 17:25:32 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 23:25 UTC

On 1/20/2022 12:18 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <ssc8md$d9k$5@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> The House January 6 committee has asked Ivanka to "voluntarily" sit for
>> an interview in which she's going to related what she heard her father
>> say to Mike Pence in a telephone call in which Trump tried to get Pence
>> to repudiate the election.
>>
>> I don't get it. Isn't there a transcript of the phone call? Isn't there
>> a recording? Shouldn't they get it straight from Pence since Ivanka
>> wouldn't have heard Pence's side of it unless it were on speakerphone?
>
> Yes, going to Ivanka for this information is ridiculous and just a
> political stunt done for the visual of having the president's daughter
> in the crosshairs.

Yes, it might be as bad as Benghazi. You hypocritical piece of shit.

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<sscrlp$379$13@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138786&group=rec.arts.tv#138786

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 17:36:24 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 23:36 UTC

On 1/20/2022 5:01 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 1/20/2022 5:57 PM, trotsky wrote:

>>> Possibly so, and possibly a tone-deaf miscalculation.
>>

>> A miscalculation?  To see if these pieces of shit have the spines to
>> respond to subpoenas?  What the fuck is wrong with you?  Are you
>> trying to be Derp's buddy now?  He's talking shit because he's a piece
>> of shit too.  None of these people deserve any leniency whatsoever.
>> Some of them deserve to be executed for their crimes.  Which part of
>> this sounds like a "miscalculation" to you?
>
> The part where we put a comely young woman on live TV and grill her
> mercilessly about the father she loves.  WCGW?

Comely? She's plastic. I figure she's had somewhere between 10 and 20
plastic surgeries. And what does WCGW mean?

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<sscs74$m8n$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138791&group=rec.arts.tv#138791

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 16:45:39 -0700
 by: David Johnston - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 23:45 UTC

On 2022-01-20 11:12 a.m., Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> The House January 6 committee has asked Ivanka to "voluntarily" sit for
> an interview in which she's going to related what she heard her father
> say to Mike Pence in a telephone call in which Trump tried to get Pence
> to repudiate the election.
>
> I don't get it. Isn't there a transcript of the phone call? Isn't there
> a recording? Shouldn't they get it straight from Pence since Ivanka
> wouldn't have heard Pence's side of it unless it were on speakerphone?

Pence is never going to voluntarily testify about that call. He has too
much to lose. Ivanka probably won't either, but they won't lose
anything by asking. The question of whether there's a transcript is an
interesting one but there doesn't seem to be one. The information
they've gotten was from Pence's former national security advisor, Keith
Kellog who was also listening to the call.

However they don't just want to ask her about the phone call, but any
other conversations Trump had in the White House about obstructing the
election.

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<AMmGJ.137039$Gco3.119527@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138796&group=rec.arts.tv#138796

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 19:04:47 -0500
 by: moviePig - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 00:04 UTC

On 1/20/2022 6:36 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 1/20/2022 5:01 PM, moviePig wrote:

>>> A miscalculation?  To see if these pieces of shit have the spines to
>>> respond to subpoenas?  What the fuck is wrong with you?  Are you
>>> trying to be Derp's buddy now?  He's talking shit because he's a
>>> piece of shit too.  None of these people deserve any leniency
>>> whatsoever. Some of them deserve to be executed for their crimes.
>>> Which part of this sounds like a "miscalculation" to you?
>>
>> The part where we put a comely young woman on live TV and grill her
>> mercilessly about the father she loves.  WCGW?
>
> Comely?  She's plastic.  I figure she's had somewhere between 10 and 20
> plastic surgeries.

Plastic? Since when does the public care about substance?

> And what does WCGW mean?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=WCGW

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<2d8d7355-8c14-4988-9227-9088ebd38355n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138798&group=rec.arts.tv#138798

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 16:15:53 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (JG Rove)
 by: JG Rove - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 00:15 UTC

On Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 6:04:52 PM UTC-6, moviePig wrote:
> On 1/20/2022 6:36 PM, trotsky wrote:

> >> The part where we put a comely young woman on live TV and grill her
> >> mercilessly about the father she loves. WCGW?
> >
> > Comely? She's plastic. I figure she's had somewhere between 10 and 20
> > plastic surgeries.
> Plastic? Since when does the public care about substance?
> > And what does WCGW mean?
> https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=WCGW

What letters of WCGW cover "Motorboat" and "Daughter" ?

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<jvidnUmb2axIlHf8nZ2dnUU7-eednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138815&group=rec.arts.tv#138815

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 20:18:08 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 01:18 UTC

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>> The House January 6 committee has asked Ivanka to "voluntarily" sit
>> for an interview in which she's going to related what she heard her
>> father say to Mike Pence in a telephone call in which Trump tried to
>> get Pence to repudiate the election.
>>
>> I don't get it. Isn't there a transcript of the phone call? Isn't
>> there a recording? Shouldn't they get it straight from Pence since
>> Ivanka wouldn't have heard Pence's side of it unless it were on
>> speakerphone?
>
>Yes, going to Ivanka for this information is ridiculous and just a
>political stunt done for the visual of having the president's daughter
>in the crosshairs.

Remember the old days, when leftists shot the families of the people they
stole power from?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: I vant to speak with Ivanka

<jvidnUib2azSl3f8nZ2dnUU7-eednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138816&group=rec.arts.tv#138816

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 20:20:09 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 01:20 UTC

In article <200120221449419409%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>> The House January 6 committee has asked Ivanka to "voluntarily" sit
>> for an interview in which she's going to related what she heard her
>> father say to Mike Pence in a telephone call in which Trump tried to
>> get Pence to repudiate the election.
>>
>> I don't get it. Isn't there a transcript of the phone call? Isn't
>> there a recording? Shouldn't they get it straight from Pence since
>> Ivanka wouldn't have heard Pence's side of it unless it were on
>> speakerphone?
>
>And is this "interview" going to be under oath? We've seen charades
>like that before, when it wasn't.

cf. Crooked Hillary.

-
Let's go Brandon!