From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: NY Times Introduces the Word 'Menstruator' Into Its Lexicon
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 21:34:16 -0600
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 03:34 UTC

"Reusable products represent only a fraction of menstruation supplies
purchased in the United States-- Americans spend $1.8 billion on pads and $1
billion on tampons yearly, which dwarfs sales of all other products combined.
The average menstruator can use thousands of tampons in their lifetime and
single-use plastic menstrual products take about 500 years to decompose, a
2021 report from the United Nations Environment Programme found."

"New menstruators often turn to a patent for products and advice-- now parents
can hand over more than a disposable pad or tampon, potentially rerouting some
of the more than 15 billion disposable products that end up in landfills every
year."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/20/well/sustainable-period-products.html

Remember: It's important we don't refer to women as women because it's hurtful
to men who think they are women. What's hurtful to women is irrelevant. What's
important is that women work to make men who think they are women happy.

Any questions, from the menstruators in the group?

Re: NY Times Introduces the Word 'Menstruator' Into Its Lexicon

<1645789145.664436194.920779.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138861&group=rec.arts.tv#138861

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 22:38:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 05:38 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> "Reusable products represent only a fraction of menstruation supplies
purchased in the United States-- Americans spend $1.8 billion on pads and
$1
billion on tampons yearly, which dwarfs sales of all other products
combined.
The average menstruator can use thousands of tampons in their lifetime and
single-use plastic menstrual products take about 500 years to decompose, a
2021 report from the United Nations Environment Programme found."

> "New menstruators often turn to a patent for products and advice-- now parents
can hand over more than a disposable pad or tampon, potentially rerouting
some
of the more than 15 billion disposable products that end up in landfills
every
year."

> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/20/well/sustainable-period-products.html
>
> Remember: It's important we don't refer to women as women because it's hurtful
to men who think they are women. What's hurtful to women is irrelevant.
What's
important is that women work to make men who think they are women happy.

> Any questions, from the menstruators in the group?

It sounds like whoever wrote the article thinks that the math requires
multiplication – thousands of tampons times 500 years when of course it’s
concurrent not consecutive.

Re: NY Times Introduces the Word 'Menstruator' Into Its Lexicon

<ssdhls$7kg$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138869&group=rec.arts.tv#138869

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 05:51:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 05:51 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>"Reusable products represent only a fraction of menstruation supplies
>purchased in the United States-- Americans spend $1.8 billion on pads and $1
>billion on tampons yearly, which dwarfs sales of all other products combined.
>The average menstruator can use thousands of tampons in their lifetime and
>single-use plastic menstrual products take about 500 years to decompose, a
>2021 report from the United Nations Environment Programme found."

>"New menstruators often turn to a patent for products and advice-- now parents
>can hand over more than a disposable pad or tampon, potentially rerouting some
>of the more than 15 billion disposable products that end up in landfills every
>year."

>https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/20/well/sustainable-period-products.html

>Remember: It's important we don't refer to women as women because it's hurtful
>to men who think they are women. What's hurtful to women is irrelevant. What's
>important is that women work to make men who think they are women happy.

>Any questions, from the menstruators in the group?

I couldn't get past the implication of REUSABLE to be bothered by
refusal to use the word "woman". Are they fucking kidding?

Any garbage properly disposed of it not an environmental hazard. It
doesn't matter how long it takes to decompose.

Re: NY Times Introduces the Word 'Menstruator' Into Its Lexicon

<ssdpar$151g$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138929&group=rec.arts.tv#138929

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 02:02:35 -0600
 by: trotsky - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 08:02 UTC

On 1/20/2022 9:34 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

Were they talking about your constant state of PMS?

Re: NY Times Introduces the Word 'Menstruator' Into Its Lexicon

<ssef3g$dki$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=138944&group=rec.arts.tv#138944

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 09:14:06 -0500
 by: Rhino - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 14:14 UTC

On 2022-01-20 10:34 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> "Reusable products represent only a fraction of menstruation supplies
> purchased in the United States-- Americans spend $1.8 billion on pads and $1
> billion on tampons yearly, which dwarfs sales of all other products combined.
> The average menstruator can use thousands of tampons in their lifetime and
> single-use plastic menstrual products take about 500 years to decompose, a
> 2021 report from the United Nations Environment Programme found."
>
> "New menstruators often turn to a patent for products and advice-- now parents
> can hand over more than a disposable pad or tampon, potentially rerouting some
> of the more than 15 billion disposable products that end up in landfills every
> year."
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/20/well/sustainable-period-products.html
>
> Remember: It's important we don't refer to women as women because it's hurtful
> to men who think they are women. What's hurtful to women is irrelevant. What's
> important is that women work to make men who think they are women happy.
>
> Any questions, from the menstruators in the group?

I saw a livestream of a conversation with Yaniv and Blaire White once -
the one in which Yaniv brandished a taser - and Yaniv claimed to be a
menstruator. White was skeptical. Then Yaniv moved some garments
slightly off camera and produced a menstrual pad containing some fluid.
(This despite Yaniv apparently still having a penis at the time.) The
remarkable thing about the pad was that the fluid on the pad was BLUE,
not red. At least that's how it appeared in the lighting at Yaniv's
apartment. Neither of them remarked on the colour though and I've been
perplexed ever since about why.

Was this all some kind of shout out to Blue Bloods? Do some menstruators
bleed blue? Do people who've had successful male-to-female "bottom
surgery" menstruate at all? Do they menstruate blue blood?

--
Rhino