Newsgroups: rec.music.experimental
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 19:23:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: LES RALLIZES DENUDES, EPISTROPHY ARTS articles
From: jgr...@pipeline.com (Jason Gross)
 by: Jason Gross - Thu, 3 Jun 2021 02:23 UTC

Greetings,

In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever <http://www.furious.com/perfect/index0621.html>, you'll find (among other things):

EPISTROPHY ARTS- Austin's 'adventurous music' hub by Robin Storey Dunn
"I don't know Pedro Moreno, other than to see him at shows, but it's been twenty years of shows, so it feels like I know him. He's the vision and labor behind Epistrophy Arts, a small nonprofit that brings free jazz and improvised music to Austin, Texas. Sam Rivers, Hamid Drake, Sunny Murray, and William Parker; Fred Frith and Henry Threadgill; groups from Central America and Europe, artists who never would've gotten here otherwise."

LES RALLIZES DENUDES- their pre-terrorist psychedelic roots by Daniel Hess
"'Atonal, hypnotic cacophony' does not even begin to describe the symphonic numbness your ears will experience while listening to Les Rallizes Denudes.. With that simple enticing opening, the music is but yet a small fraction of the mystery, infamy, and legacy that this group holds in their home country of Japan."

We also have a Spotify playlist with most of the artists above here:
<https://open.spotify.com/playlist/083TeO0jHc6IDCZg8UhRhP?si=9eeade82d8de4706>

We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

See you online,
Jason

arts / rec.music.experimental / LES RALLIZES DENUDES, EPISTROPHY ARTS articles