From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] Murder of a King
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 12:08:51 -0500
 by: Rhino - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 17:08 UTC

I just discovered this video, which talks about the death of King George
V (of Britain) in 1936. It turns out that there is some fairly
compelling evidence - the diary of his doctor - that he did not die of
natural causes but was murdered BY THAT SELFSAME DOCTOR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTWpOADZPGk

I've been interested in history for many, many years, particularly 20th
century history, but I never heard about this until today, even though
the contents of the doctor's diary has been known since 1986. I'm rather
surprised it never seemed to get mentioned anywhere in all the years
since 1986. Killing a serving king is something of a big deal after all!

There also appears to be little doubt that it was murder, specifically a
mercy killing, and NOT euthanasia as it was done WITHOUT the consent of
the King.

The very same doctor, who was held in very high regard, also treated two
of the King's sisters and they both died - unexpectedly - as well. He
had also attended the King's younger son, John, who had died in 1919 of
epilepsy.

It's amazing what someone near the highest reaches of power can get away
with, isn't it?

--
Rhino