From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.music.world, rec.music.folk, alt.music.canada, alt.music.independent, alt.music, rec.music.misc
Subject: Reclaimed, indigenous music on CBC Radio
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 23:08:58 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Sun, 22 May 2022 01:38 UTC

Reclaimed is a weekly series on CBC Radio that explores the many
worlds of contemporary Indigenous music from traditional songs
and acoustic sounds to Native hip-hop, R&B, and the
dancefloor-filling beats of electric powwow.

Past episodes and playlogs can be accessed at:

https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-184-reclaimed

This week’s episode, originally broadcast on May 18, 2022,
has the following description:

Reclaimed is the home to the next wave of Indigenous music on
CBC. Combining past, present and future this series explores the
worlds of Indigenous music and introduces listeners to a new
generation of Indigenous artists reclaiming their culture through
music and song -- This episode of Reclaimed we're celebrating
our relatives from across Asia and Pasifika - all in honour of
Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Indigenous
cultures are experiencing a resurgence that is changing society,
and music is a manifestation of that change. Indigenous People
all over the world are singing the songs of their nations,
homelands and cultures – and Reclaimed is putting a spotlight
on the enchanting sounds emanating from our Māori, Pasifika
and Asian relations. Get ready to ride the winds and waves
from Aotearoa to Tonga, Hawaii to Japan – and all the way
home to Turtle Island -- Join host Jarrett Martineau to celebrate
Indigenous Peoples culture and music from across Asia and
the Pacific Islands.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“‘But you come around in your time/Speaking of fabulous places,

Re: Reclaimed, indigenous music on CBC Radio

<0001HW.2839D51700443C5D70000B6CD38F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13964&group=rec.music.folk#13964

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.music.world, rec.music.folk, alt.music.canada, alt.music.independent, alt.music, rec.music.misc
Subject: Re: Reclaimed, indigenous music on CBC Radio
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 23:49:03 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Sun, 22 May 2022 02:19 UTC

On May 21, 2022, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2839CBB20042BC0570000278338F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> Reclaimed is a weekly series on CBC Radio that explores the many
> worlds of contemporary Indigenous music from traditional songs
> and acoustic sounds to Native hip-hop, R&B, and the
> dancefloor-filling beats of electric powwow.
>
> Past episodes and playlogs can be accessed at:
>
> https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-184-reclaimed

or https://www.cbcmusic.ca/reclaimed (if that 1-184 means just the
first 184 episodes).