From: sei...@eilertech.com (Scott Eiler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1992 #20: Die For My Teammates!
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 22:38:27 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Scott Eiler - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 22:38 UTC

.... Oh, my. I doubt this is the end of the fight, though.

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1992b.htm#20

More coming next week - and *maybe* beyond!

Bonus Section: 2005 Reprint Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson! Who Do Alien
Mages Dress Up As?

I'm pretty sure, magic-users are an alien concept to the alien universe.
Magic might well be confined to Earth space - as are many weird Earth
phenomena. I hear, alien tourists come to the Moon just to get a good
view of Earth's reality shifts.

Anyway, the space aliens came to Venus in 1954 to interbreed with Earth
humans. Or at least one Earth human.
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1954.htm) The offspring
were varied. The mage Auge von Shaitan knows the Mad Axeman from Venus
to be from this Venus Brood.

It seems one other alien (possibly from the Venus brood) took on the
skin color of humans - and took up Solar System magic. She called
herself "Caladria", after her alien planet of origin. And she took up
magic garb - which resembles Harry Potter school gear to us. But Harry
Potter wasn't around in 1992. So who *was* Caladria dressing up as?

A new generation of Earth mages was coming of age, starting in the
1970s. Lucianus Autonomous was first among these.
(http://www.eilertech.com/stories/lucianus.htm) But one doubts he
influenced Caladria's sense of style from her uprising on Venus.

On the other hand, there was Auge von Shaitan himself! He was the
greatest mage of 1945, having driven off the actual Powernaut then! So
Caladria may have subconsciously modeled herself after Auge von Shaitan
in a sweater-coat. In which case, it's ironic that she had to contend
against Von Shaitan himself for the fate of one alien marauder.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler 8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal. From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.