From: jpolo...@sympatico.ca (Joel Polowin)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk,rec.music.folk
Subject: A minor help request, towards debugging Musescore
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 01:37:38 -0500
 by: Joel Polowin - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 06:37 UTC

There's a bug in Musescore's web interface that I'm seeing quite
consistently, which their developers seem not to be able to reproduce.
I have several scores on their server which are quite short but which
feature many repeats, resulting in a fairly long play duration.
(They're Shepard tones, done as scales.) That duration is shown at the
top left of the score, as displayed in a web browser, and should be
3:19:48. But every browser I've tried, with a variety of setup options,
on two machines at home and on one at my library, shows it as 27:19:48
-- that is, an extra day tacked on. The pieces are monotonous, but not
that monotonous..!

If you wouldn't mind, would you please take a look at:
https://musescore.com/user/28554317/scores/9087566, and let me know what
duration you see just above the upper left corner of the score? (At the
library, I had to expand the page to "full screen" mode with a button at
the top left in order to see the duration display. I don't know why
that was different from my machines at home; it may be a matter of
screen resolution.) It might also be useful to me to know what
operating system and browser you used.

Thanks!
Joel

www.avg.com

Re:A minor help request, towards debugging Musescore

<tp9aoj$368j7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13983&group=rec.music.folk#13983

From: dav...@dave123royal.com (Dave Royal)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk,rec.music.folk
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 14:21:07 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave Royal - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 14:21 UTC

03.19.48
Firefox (nightly) on Android, both mobile and desktop site view.
Also Chrome on Android.
--
Remove numerics from email address

Re: A minor help request, towards debugging Musescore

<k1qq68Fopn1U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13984&group=rec.music.folk#13984

From: chri...@privacy.net (chrisnd@privacy.net)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk,rec.music.folk
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2023 14:40:08 +0000
 by: chrisnd@privacy.net - Fri, 6 Jan 2023 14:40 UTC

On 06/01/2023 06:37, Joel Polowin wrote:
> There's a bug in Musescore's web interface that I'm seeing quite
> consistently, which their developers seem not to be able to reproduce. I
> have several scores on their server which are quite short but which
> feature many repeats, resulting in a fairly long play duration. (They're
> Shepard tones, done as scales.)  That duration is shown at the top left
> of the score, as displayed in a web browser, and should be 3:19:48.  But
> every browser I've tried, with a variety of setup options, on two
> machines at home and on one at my library, shows it as 27:19:48 -- that
> is, an extra day tacked on.  The pieces are monotonous, but not that
> monotonous..!
>
> If you wouldn't mind, would you please take a look at:
> https://musescore.com/user/28554317/scores/9087566, and let me know what
> duration you see just above the upper left corner of the score?  (At the
> library, I had to expand the page to "full screen" mode with a button at
> the top left in order to see the duration display.  I don't know why
> that was different from my machines at home; it may be a matter of
> screen resolution.)  It might also be useful to me to know what
> operating system and browser you used.
>
> Thanks!
> Joel

3:19:48 on linux Ubuntu 20.10 viewing through Vivaldi 5.6.287...

HTH
Chris