From: arspitz...@gmail.com (Arthur Spitzer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #237: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade
that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Three
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 21:20:49 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
d=1e100.net; s=20210112;
h=x-gm-message-state:path:newsgroups:date:injection-info
:nntp-posting-host:user-agent:mime-version:message-id:subject:from
:injection-date:to;
bh=NSczl3zbbvKav12TMX8SS+DJXMWr00GCoVbt9UnLGws=;
b=HZINlVFYcLyeKQJWrwIexvuU83qQ1xNSismz/J5OkD+qlbr/0/ovEE/xcp/XtNaIXo
oxKuG/eqg+DN6SuYC/HuHx1s66EPNdI9Dzz0Wa6YaHF2pYT/G7HkOD+5GItgqC/Y2x1J
t7LVsLSKo+mgLR/K7wqVE2BcyR6uGflNYWll6rShBKcF67zgAnKn3mmFE28ose7FesUF
pHlPJjcDRxAG+xjUMNGg1Idg3aHnDn2mhfGhWxDe/lDGLMCGwDwFJdxzIrsnzeU7U0QK
STxeSjzz1oY0GueLlilX/Qua9yMf3aoR0rWE3wku4mk7zLa++skSYlFo2WeFpvDNGYSw
6Fuw==
 by: Arthur Spitzer - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 21:20 UTC

You can sift through the racc list archive
https://lists.eyrie.org/pipermail/racc/
or you can try google groups racc for this issue of JAMWCtwPNHaE.

Scott Eiler gives us 'Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade That Will
Probably Never Have an Ending' chapter 5. Will it be a Quacktastophy
now that Pschovant the Duck is involved with this cascade?

And is Drew Nilium bringing back the corn fields of the Omaha Project with
chapter 6? Or will it just one of the many characters that had to endure
that crossover?

And now...

_
| | Classic
| | =
| | ____ ____ _ ____ ___
| |__ | [] | | [] | | | | [] | | _ \

|____| \__] \__ | |_| \__/ |_|\_\
|_| OF NET.HEROES

ADVENTURES #237

=====================

From: Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Date: Sat Feb 15 20:13:22 PST 2014

What Has Gone Before:

"OK, that's enough of that," said a voice from the distance. A pale,
dark-haired woman appeared on stage. She wasn't dressed like a net.hero,
but in this room full of gaudily dressed superbeings she held herself up
like she owned the place.

"Who are you?" snarled Ultimate Ninja, drawing his sword.

"Simmer down, Pajama Man, I'm here to help. My name's Lydia Devin.
God's close enough."

"Well, I guess it's been a while since we had a good crisis," said
Fearless Leader. "What is it this time?"

"Well," said Lydia, "So there's this cosmic dictator wannabe called
LAN.os, who's gathering an army of space mooks to ravage the universe.
You know the kind."

Fearless Leader nodded. "Sounds like a typical one-note parody villain
to me. We can take him easy."

"Yeah, but that's not the problem. The problem is he's going after the
Kubrik's Kube. That's spelled with a K. Don't ask me, I didn't make it.
It's an artifact that's as old as your universe, maybe older. It's a
sort of puzzle box thing. If you can solve the puzzle, it gives you
enlightenment, whatever the hell that is. Basically, wherever it shows
up, things go wrong. Even when they go right. I guess "enlightenment"'s
just not for everyone."

( excerpted from JUST ANOTHER MULTI-WRITER CASCADE THAT WILL PROBABLY
NEVER HAVE AN ENDING #1.NOW (#4) part B )

---

Now: Psychovant the Duck makes his move!

---

"Hooray! She's gone!"

"I can still see you, Duck."

"Gah!"

"Oh, relax. Unless you're going to destroy the universe, I just don't
care."

"Well then! Have a nice day!"

"Whatever."

The ultimate-powered Goth chick from the other universe disappeared.
The cyborg demon duck from a *third* universe cheered. "Yahoo! Open
season on LNH Cascades!"

---

The duck was Psychovant, known in his own manner across the universes.
He stopped on a convenient asteroid, pulled out an impossibly large
whiteboard from his satchel, pulled out a "Graduate" mortar cap, put it
on, and started making notes and equations.

"Now, this Kube will be near some parody villain. And the villain will
be related to some Writer, whichever one is angstier and more likely to
write now... Got it!"

Psychovant pulled out a job application, put on a business suit,
disappeared - and reappeared on the Looniverse Planet of Amateur
Contract Law, inside an office. "'Scuse me, this is important so your
secretary passed me in. I'd like the job of Kube Konsultant."

An amateur lawyer looked up. "Okay, but you must first defeat... the
Amateur Lawyer! What are your qualifications?"

"Well... I know a Kube when I see one!" The lawyer's desk had a sort
of cube full of cubes sitting there. Psychovant grabbed it.

"Okay... Can you *solve* a Kube?"

"heh. I being a highly qualified Kube Konsultant, I'll need you to tell
me your ground rules first."

"We use *simple* rules here. We're proud of that on our planet. If you
can put all the same color on each side, you win."

"Just that?"

"Just that."

"Well... Yahoo!" Psychovant grabbed the Kube with one wing, and with
the other flourished a paintbrush coated with white paint from his
satchel. Swipe Swipe Swipe! Toss! Swipe Swipe Swipe! "... I win!"

"Uh, that's nice. But I'm afraid we never intended the rules to be
*that* simple."

Psychovant put on some reading glasses. "Well, please allow me to
review the contract... Oh, right, it's *verbal* so far! So lemme
$#@!ing verbalize... Hey, Kube, whadda *you* think?"

Kubrik's Kube glowed.

Psychovant looked at the lawyer. "So *why* the %^&! were *you* chosen
as Kube Kuardians, err, guardians?"

"err, lowest bid."

"Well, all righty then. Kosmik Kubrik Kube Powers, Activate!"

---

NEXT: Has Psychovant become a Kosmik, err, Cosmic Power with the
ability to destroy the endless cascades? If so, let the LNH tremble!

---

Author's Note: You asked for it. Well, actually you dared it. Almost
literally.

Author Credits:

Lydia Devin is a character of Andrew Foltz.

Psychovant the Duck is copyright 2014 Eiler Technical Enterprises, but
is available for public use in this cascade without limit.

The Planet of Amateur Contract Law and the Amateur Lawyer are Free For
Use by the terms of the Legion of Net.Heroes.

8{D>

--
(signed) Scott Eiler 8{D> -------- http://www.eilertech.com/ ---------

I know. - Archie Andrews

From: Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Date: Fri Feb 21 04:04:40 PST 2014

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Omaha Project Twenty-Years-Later Annual #1
(AKA Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade That Will Probably Never Have An
Ending #6)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Foreshadowing Lad wandered the halls of the LNHQ, rubbing his forehead,
looking down at the go-go-checkerboard tile floors and trying to
remember. The Croissant Queen was going to attack their sandwiches? No,
that wasn't it...

His head collided softly with someone. He flailed, stepping back and
pinwheeling his arms. "Ah, s-sorry! I didn't see you there!"

"Oh, no, it's quite all right." He looked up, blushing, and saw a
vision. She was tall, with perfect white hair, and a white eyepatch
covering one eye. She extended a hand to him. "Hi! I'm Non-Judgmental
Agnostic! What's your name?"

--^v^v^v----^v^v^v^v^v^----v^v^v^--

Merissa confidently lead her goth minions out of the mall towards the
LNHQ. The rifts were emanating from there, so she'd probably find the
most crossover energy in that direction. But first, her double-headed
sonic screwdriver was telling her that there was a rift right nearby...

Right nearby, Cameo Gazonga of the Legion of Young.Heroes muttered and
grumbled. "Aren't the rifts coming from the LNHQ? Shouldn't we be going
in there?"

"Well yeah, if you want to deal with five at once," said the Green
Knight. "But we should *maybe probably* figure out how to seal them
before doing that?"

"Why don't--" started Jive Turkey.

"Because I have to get right up to one before I can get a good look
inside it," said Lacuna.

"We can see the tear from one side, but not the other," pronounced
Apostrophe. "The instruction manual is incomplete; we must translate
the Mandarin."

"There." The Green Knight peered through their sensors. "That place
holds a rift."

"That hole-in-the-wall store?" Cameo Gazonga looked dubious.

"Nah, man, I know this joint," said Jive Turkey. "Half oldschool
arcade, half used book store."

Lacuna gasped. "In the future, this store will become one of the
Community Pillars that will support Neo.tropolis during the Beigewar!"

"Good thing they're getting a lot of customers, then," said Cameo
Gazonga, peering at the multitude of young ladies in dark clothing who
were filing into the front door.

"The shades of outdated antivirus programs give warning," said
Apostrophe, the cloud of UTF-8 characters swirling and buzzing around
her head. "Melissa virus infection detected."

Click here to read the complete article
Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #237: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Three

<term3m$2dnou$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1540&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1540

From: pwer...@gmail.com (Drew Nilium)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #237: Just Another Multi-Writer
Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Three
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 01:26:19 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Drew Nilium - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 01:26 UTC

On 3/20/22 5:20 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
<snip>
> Scott Eiler gives us 'Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade That Will
> Probably Never Have an Ending' chapter 5. Will it be a Quacktastophy
> now that Pschovant the Duck is involved with this cascade?

Always. :D

> And is Drew Nilium bringing back the corn fields of the Omaha Project with
> chapter 6? Or will it just one of the many characters that had to endure
> that crossover?

Of course, a sentient ear of corn mutated by the energies beyond the fifth wall!
This must be the Classic LNH version of Colonel Panic!

> The ultimate-powered Goth chick from the other universe disappeared.
> The cyborg demon duck from a *third* universe cheered. "Yahoo! Open
> season on LNH Cascades!"

Absolutely |>

> The duck was Psychovant, known in his own manner across the universes.

That's a very Victorian-adventure-novel way to put it. |>

> He stopped on a convenient asteroid, pulled out an impossibly large
> whiteboard from his satchel, pulled out a "Graduate" mortar cap, put it
> on, and started making notes and equations.

Whereas that's more Looney Tunes. :3

> "We use *simple* rules here. We're proud of that on our planet. If you
> can put all the same color on each side, you win."
>
> "Just that?"
>
> "Just that."
>
> "Well... Yahoo!" Psychovant grabbed the Kube with one wing, and with
> the other flourished a paintbrush coated with white paint from his
> satchel. Swipe Swipe Swipe! Toss! Swipe Swipe Swipe! "... I win!"

X3 I love this a lot.

> Psychovant looked at the lawyer. "So *why* the %^&! were *you* chosen
> as Kube Kuardians, err, guardians?"
>
> "err, lowest bid."

heeheehee

> Omaha Project Twenty-Years-Later Annual #1
> (AKA Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade That Will Probably Never Have An
> Ending #6)

I knew I wanted to tie into a bunch of older unfinished cascades, and that lead
to me going, "Hey, I know the guy who wrote Pliable Lad..."

> Foreshadowing Lad wandered the halls of the LNHQ, rubbing his forehead,
> looking down at the go-go-checkerboard tile floors and trying to
> remember. The Croissant Queen was going to attack their sandwiches? No,
> that wasn't it...

Clearly this is the Oddball version of the Crossover Queen.

> "That hole-in-the-wall store?" Cameo Gazonga looked dubious.
>
> "Nah, man, I know this joint," said Jive Turkey. "Half oldschool
> arcade, half used book store."
>
> Lacuna gasped. "In the future, this store will become one of the
> Community Pillars that will support Neo.tropolis during the Beigewar!"

A concept stolen shamelessly from Sailor Moon. <3 Also, I'd love to go to a
place like this

> "The shades of outdated antivirus programs give warning," said
> Apostrophe, the cloud of UTF-8 characters swirling and buzzing around
> her head. "Melissa virus infection detected."

I love how she talks. |>

> "That's her," they whispered, accessing records from the Legion's
> Rogues Gallery. "Individualized Vector clone #0057 - Merissa."

I love coming up with details about how Vectors work.

> The Green Knight's plan-hatching processors whirred. "Apostrophe, do
> you think you can communicate with the short-lived Vector clones and--"

Stolen from Saxon's ILC issue where Occultism Kid accidentally summons the
shades of all the short-lived Sig.Lad gif.clones.

> WHAM! The door was kicked down, and a woman in combat gear stepped
> through. "Sorry, folks, but this is necessary. My name is Agent Susan
> Susannah, and this place is now under the control of the LNH-Readers-
> Who-Are-Sick-To-Death-With-These-Damn-Neverending-Events Liberation
> Front!"

There she is. :D

> There was a falling hum, and Masterplan Lad fuzzed into existence in
> the coat room just off the LNHQ lobby, left over from its days as the
> Net.ropolis Grand Hotel.

I also love bringing up that history. X>

> "It's not in the vault," said Irony Monger. "The Mega-Ultra-BIGGUN used
> to belong to an LNHer who has since disappeared from usability, leaving
> it undefended.

This was, let's say, my way of playing off of some then-relatively-recent events
in our community and the changes in the LNH that came out of them.

> Then he could see it - a form slipping through the crack, folding
> through the higher dimensions with an aggravating casualness. There was
> only one Hypertext Time-active being who had the style to do that and
> the lack of class to do it in a situation like this.
>
> In a burst of chromatic light, Chaos Theory unfolded themself into the
> cramped room. "Mmmmh! Now that's a bit more comfortable. Whew." They
> dusted off the shifting fractals on their shoulders.

It's meeeeeeee! :D Or a me, anyway. I love Chaos Theory.

> "Adding yet another character to an already-overstuffed cascade,
> apparently. You think anyone on RACC has ever heard the expression
> 'less is more'?"

Well. X3;

> "Nope! There's only one thing that can close the rifts: Inspiration
> particles."
>
> "We're embarking on a Pratchett ripoff, then."
>
> "Just a bit.

Steal from the best!

> "There's more. The more the rifts open, the more things will fall
> through them - things from the unfinished storylines. And the further
> they spread, the more possible futures you'll have to deal with."

Yes, I had plans to throw in *even more* things than I eventually did. X3; This
was a recurring problem with my early storylines - because of my ADHD, I was
waaaaay more about bringing new ideas than I was about resolving old ones.
Thankfully I've gotten better at satisfying these urges.

> "Oh, I'm going to read this story after it gets posted. That's how I
> know this is where I leave." Chaos Theory's body began fading away,
> washed out by the light from the rift.
>
> "What? No! Confound it! Chaos Theory, I-- I need you--"

They really developed a good relationship.

> Masterplan Lad flopped on a chair and gave a deep sigh. Well, at least
> the situation couldn't get any worse.
>
> He immediately regretted thinking that.

heeheeheeheehee. I love writing MPL. X>

> Outside, Penultimate Savior shifted in his seat. Favorite pudding
> flavor? Probably pistachio. Known allergies? Well, he did break out in
> hives when exposed to power ballads from the late '80s...

heeheeheehee

> The rift stretched, distending along the eleventh dimension, a humanoid
> form passing through it and spilling out onto the floor. As the light
> faded, Penultimate Savior could see that the being was wearing a black
> spandex suit with gray accessories, with a bright red power symbol, and
> holding a spoon in his hand...
>
> "Killswitch?" PS whispered.

This is one of those ideas that I've never followed up on, but it's a good one
to have just lying around for the future.

> The world was shrouded in grey mist. He couldn't tell how long he'd
> been falling.
>
> How many worlds had he passed through so far? How many more before he
> came home?

Yessssss. Omaha Project Annual #1 was a story that really stuck in my head as a
kid, and I was happy to homage it here.

> It was then that Bad-Timing Boy stepped through a nearby door, holding
> an iPhone in one hand and a Vanilla Coke in the other and wearing a
> "Clerks 20th Anniversary" T-shirt. "Man, I love living in the year
> 2014! Do you guys want to watch the trailer for the big-budget
> Hollywood movie they made of Guardians of the Galaxy?" Then he did a
> double-take. "Pliable Lad? Didn't you retire years ago?"
>
> "..."
>
> Pliable Lad put his face in his hand. "Oh, boy."

I love this joke so fucking much. X3

Drew "watched a lot of Quantum Leap back in the day" Nilium

Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #237: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Three

<tertdj$2ehpd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1543&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1543

From: mrfantas...@gmail.com (Jeanne Morningstar)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Three
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 03:31:10 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Jeanne Morningstar - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 03:31 UTC

On 9/1/22 8:26 PM, Drew Nilium wrote:

> Of course, a sentient ear of corn mutated by the energies beyond the
> fifth wall! This must be the Classic LNH version of Colonel Panic!

OW XD

>> There was a falling hum, and Masterplan Lad fuzzed into existence in
>> the coat room just off the LNHQ lobby, left over from its days as the
>> Net.ropolis Grand Hotel.
>
> I also love bringing up that history. X>

Same here! I–well, I should wait until the next Liminals issue is done...

> This was, let's say, my way of playing off of some
> then-relatively-recent events in our community and the changes in the
> LNH that came out of them.

Very happy with how that turned out, in the end, and the motivation that
provided me with. Because of the role I had in... all that, I felt like
I had both the desire and the responsibility to heal some of the damage
that had done to the Classic LNH's narrative structure and recapture the
old chaotic soap-operatic mood in something entirely new, which still
felt continuous with what came before. (See the Cat/Tara scene next
installment, where I really start laying the groundwork for that.) As of
HHS I finally pulled it off, and it only took, what, 8-10 years?
> It's meeeeeeee! :D Or a me, anyway. I love Chaos Theory.

Same.

>> "What? No! Confound it! Chaos Theory, I-- I need you--"
>
> They really developed a good relationship.

I've consistently loved writing it.

> heeheeheeheehee. I love writing MPL. X>

It's neat how MPL, as the kind of WC-ish character in the series, became
the default character for people other than me to write for a bit...
Saxon Brenton wrote a couple of issues where he showed up, IIRC, which
feels fitting.

> Penultimate Savior could see that the being was
>> wearing a black spandex suit with gray accessories, with a bright red
>> power symbol, and holding a spoon in his hand...
>>
>> "Killswitch?" PS whispered.
>
> This is one of those ideas that I've never followed up on, but it's a
> good one to have just lying around for the future.

So... is Killswitch at all connected to Sigrid!Acton Lord or did they
choose the same symbol by coincidence? Maybe I'll address that after
taking care of the 500 or so other dangling narrative plotlines I'm
dealing with.

> Yessssss. Omaha Project Annual #1 was a story that really stuck in my
> head as a kid, and I was happy to homage it here.

It's really fun, though to this day I still don't know what a couple of
the alternate worlds are.

--
Jeanne "Comrade Bruce Wayne: Gossip Girl" Morningstar
Chief Procrastinator, Commission of Ecumenical Translators

It is a foul bauble of man's vanity. Away with it!
--Count Dracula, throwing a mirror out a window, _Dracula_ by Bram Stoker

Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #237: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Three

<tes0fq$2ept1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1546&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1546

From: pwer...@gmail.com (Drew Nilium)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Three
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 04:23:26 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Drew Nilium - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 04:23 UTC

On 9/1/22 11:31 PM, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:
> On 9/1/22 8:26 PM, Drew Nilium wrote:
>>
>> Of course, a sentient ear of corn mutated by the energies beyond the fifth
>> wall! This must be the Classic LNH version of Colonel Panic!
>
> OW XD

>:D

>> This was, let's say, my way of playing off of some then-relatively-recent
>> events in our community and the changes in the LNH that came out of them.
>
> Very happy with how that turned out, in the end, and the motivation that
> provided me with. Because of the role I had in... all that, I felt like I had
> both the desire and the responsibility to heal some of the damage that had done
> to the Classic LNH's narrative structure and recapture the old chaotic
> soap-operatic mood in something entirely new, which still felt continuous with
> what came before. (See the Cat/Tara scene next installment, where I really start
> laying the groundwork for that.) As of HHS I finally pulled it off, and it only
> took, what, 8-10 years?

I mean, it wasn't your fault, but you did a bang-up job putting in new to
replace the old. :D

>> heeheeheeheehee. I love writing MPL. X>
>
> It's neat how MPL, as the kind of WC-ish character in the series, became the
> default character for people other than me to write for a bit... Saxon Brenton
> wrote a couple of issues where he showed up, IIRC, which feels fitting.

Yes indeed. |>

>>> "Killswitch?" PS whispered.
>>
>> This is one of those ideas that I've never followed up on, but it's a good one
>> to have just lying around for the future.
>
> So... is Killswitch at all connected to Sigrid!Acton Lord or did they choose the
> same symbol by coincidence?

Hmmmmm, who knows~ :D

Drew "another potential hook, eh~" Nilium