From: weberm...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,rec.arts.tv,alt.global-warming,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Ugly Rightist Slut Marjorie Taylor Greene Fined $48,000 for Not Wearing a Mask
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 00:20:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 00:20 UTC

edell@post.com wrote

> And I bet she's right wing dumbfuck stupid enough to go broke over it.
>
> -------
>
> Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia has been fined $48,000
for not wearing a mask on the House floor, according to a letter from the
House Sergeant at Arms, obtained by CNN.

> Greene has been fined 20 times for not wearing a mask. After receiving an
initial warning in May, Greene was fined $500 for her first offense, and
$2,500 for each subsequent offense, which is in line with House rules.
> Greene has appealed at least one of her fines, but it was upheld. Greene
was seen by CNN not wearing a mask on the floor Tuesday. The fines come from
Greene's salary.

> The letter from the House Sergeant at Arms was first reported by The Hill.
> Democrats implemented the rule last year amid the early days of the Covid-
19 pandemic. Since House Speaker Nancy Pelosi instated the rule that members
had to wear masks on the floor, many Republicans have evaded the rules and
been fined as a result. Many GOP lawmakers continued to protest the mask
rules long after the protocols were first instilled.