"One day I woke up and discovered that I was in love with tripe." -- Tom Anderson

arts / rec.arts.tv / [OT] BC man goes so fast he blows up his engine

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] BC man goes so fast he blows up his engineRhino
+- Re: [OT] BC man goes so fast he blows up his engineRichA
+* Re: [OT] BC man goes so fast he blows up his engineYour Name
|`- Re: [OT] BC man goes so fast he blows up his engineRichA
`- Re: [OT] BC man goes so fast he blows up his engineYour Name

1
[OT] BC man goes so fast he blows up his engine

<ssq9nd$vj9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=140109&group=rec.arts.tv#140109

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] BC man goes so fast he blows up his engine
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:55:52 -0500
 by: Rhino - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 01:55 UTC

A BC man went so fast in his car that he literally destroyed the engine.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news/a-20-year-old-was-caught-driving-almost-as-fast-as-a-plane-in-bc-then-the-engine-exploded/ar-AAT5U6A?ocid=msedgntp

I think the problem is that he was driving in a crappy car. Late in
2020, a man in the Toronto area was clocked doing just over THREE
HUNDRED kilometers an hour - 308 kph if I remember correctly - and
*DIDN'T* blow up the car. It seems likely to me that the Ontario driver
simply had a better car. The story I read said that the Ontario driver
was driving his dad's car but I don't remember it identifying the make
or model; however if it did 300 kph, I'm pretty sure it was a pretty
high end vehicle; I've never seen a production car with a speedometer
that went over 240 kph.

Remarkably, neither of these individuals had accidents to end their fast
rides. One blew up his engine and the other was stopped by police. (If I
recall correctly, the police looked up the Ontario driver's tags,
determined where he lived, and met him there.) Unfortunately, I never
heard any more about the Ontario driver, particularly what he was
driving and what the aftermath of this incident was. I am curious what
punishment (if any) he got from his father, what the fines and or
charges were, whether he fought them, why he was driving like that, etc.
etc. Given that this was probably a very wealthy family, I'm wondering
if dad hired a lawyer to make it all go away....

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] BC man goes so fast he blows up his engine

<5febe32d-ded5-4a64-8af0-67ebb41fbe4an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=140128&group=rec.arts.tv#140128

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 18:32:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] BC man goes so fast he blows up his engine
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 02:32 UTC

On Tuesday, 25 January 2022 at 20:56:03 UTC-5, Rhino wrote:
> A BC man went so fast in his car that he literally destroyed the engine.
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news/a-20-year-old-was-caught-driving-almost-as-fast-as-a-plane-in-bc-then-the-engine-exploded/ar-AAT5U6A?ocid=msedgntp
>
> I think the problem is that he was driving in a crappy car. Late in
> 2020, a man in the Toronto area was clocked doing just over THREE
> HUNDRED kilometers an hour - 308 kph if I remember correctly - and
> *DIDN'T* blow up the car. It seems likely to me that the Ontario driver
> simply had a better car. The story I read said that the Ontario driver
> was driving his dad's car but I don't remember it identifying the make
> or model; however if it did 300 kph, I'm pretty sure it was a pretty
> high end vehicle; I've never seen a production car with a speedometer
> that went over 240 kph.
>
> Remarkably, neither of these individuals had accidents to end their fast
> rides. One blew up his engine and the other was stopped by police. (If I
> recall correctly, the police looked up the Ontario driver's tags,
> determined where he lived, and met him there.) Unfortunately, I never
> heard any more about the Ontario driver, particularly what he was
> driving and what the aftermath of this incident was. I am curious what
> punishment (if any) he got from his father, what the fines and or
> charges were, whether he fought them, why he was driving like that, etc.
> etc. Given that this was probably a very wealthy family, I'm wondering
> if dad hired a lawyer to make it all go away....
>
> --
> Rhino

Hey, ----holes! Autobahn 320kph, safe as you can imagine. Do the laws of physics not apply there?
I (theoretically) did 275kph on a near-empty 400-series highway an lived to tell about it!!
Speed is nothing but a CASH COW used by more and more municipalities to MAKE MONEY to pay for other things
AND reward their CEO's and buddies of the large insurance companies.

Re: [OT] BC man goes so fast he blows up his engine

<ssqdk8$1nk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=140148&group=rec.arts.tv#140148

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 16:02:32 +1300
 by: Your Name - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 03:02 UTC

On 2022-01-26 01:55:52 +0000, Rhino said:

> A BC man went so fast in his car that he literally destroyed the engine.
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news/a-20-year-old-was-caught-driving-almost-as-fast-as-a-plane-in-bc-then-the-engine-exploded/ar-AAT5U6A?ocid=msedgntp
>

> I think the problem is that he was driving in a crappy car. Late in
> 2020, a man in the Toronto area was clocked doing just over THREE
> HUNDRED kilometers an hour - 308 kph if I remember correctly - and
> *DIDN'T* blow up the car.

Only a few days ago someone drove at 417kph on the German autobahn in a
Bugati Chiron.
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pg1hhW5qhM>

The same idiot with far too much money did 402kph on the autobahn in a
Bugati Veyron back in 2015, plus high-speed runs in various other cars.

> It seems likely to me that the Ontario driver simply had a better car.

There are plenty of news items about supercars from Lamborghini,
Ferrari, McClaren, etc. bursting into flames. Such engines do produce a
lot of heat, and one small leak somewhere in the system can be
catastrophic.

> The story I read said that the Ontario driver was driving his dad's car
> but I don't remember it identifying the make or model; however if it
> did 300 kph, I'm pretty sure it was a pretty high end vehicle; I've
> never seen a production car with a speedometer that went over 240 kph.
>
> Remarkably, neither of these individuals had accidents to end their
> fast rides. One blew up his engine and the other was stopped by police.
> (If I recall correctly, the police looked up the Ontario driver's tags,
> determined where he lived, and met him there.) Unfortunately, I never
> heard any more about the Ontario driver, particularly what he was
> driving and what the aftermath of this incident was. I am curious what
> punishment (if any) he got from his father, what the fines and or
> charges were, whether he fought them, why he was driving like that,
> etc. etc. Given that this was probably a very wealthy family, I'm
> wondering if dad hired a lawyer to make it all go away....

In 2018, two morons on motorcycles here in New Zealand were doing
247kph on a public road (albeit back-country one), then sped up to over
300kph when spotted by Police.
<https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/300kmh-motorcyclists-branded-as-lunatics/C47SMJ4AGGDMOQ6PCTCDRBIF2E/>

I don't know exactly what the speed limit is on that particular road,
but probably 80kph or 100kph, and being a back-country road it is
likely to have sections (sharp corners, etc.) with lower speed limits.

Re: [OT] BC man goes so fast he blows up his engine

<0ccde8c9-4431-4120-9333-e1cdbf6f223fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=140149&group=rec.arts.tv#140149

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 19:09:07 -0800 (PST)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 03:09 UTC

On Tuesday, 25 January 2022 at 22:02:41 UTC-5, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-01-26 01:55:52 +0000, Rhino said:
>
> > A BC man went so fast in his car that he literally destroyed the engine.
> >
> > https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news/a-20-year-old-was-caught-driving-almost-as-fast-as-a-plane-in-bc-then-the-engine-exploded/ar-AAT5U6A?ocid=msedgntp
> >

> > I think the problem is that he was driving in a crappy car. Late in
> > 2020, a man in the Toronto area was clocked doing just over THREE
> > HUNDRED kilometers an hour - 308 kph if I remember correctly - and
> > *DIDN'T* blow up the car.
> Only a few days ago someone drove at 417kph on the German autobahn in a
> Bugati Chiron.
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pg1hhW5qhM>
>
> The same idiot with far too much money did 402kph on the autobahn in a
> Bugati Veyron back in 2015, plus high-speed runs in various other cars.
> > It seems likely to me that the Ontario driver simply had a better car.
> There are plenty of news items about supercars from Lamborghini,
> Ferrari, McClaren, etc. bursting into flames. Such engines do produce a
> lot of heat, and one small leak somewhere in the system can be
> catastrophic.
> > The story I read said that the Ontario driver was driving his dad's car
> > but I don't remember it identifying the make or model; however if it
> > did 300 kph, I'm pretty sure it was a pretty high end vehicle; I've
> > never seen a production car with a speedometer that went over 240 kph.
> >
> > Remarkably, neither of these individuals had accidents to end their
> > fast rides. One blew up his engine and the other was stopped by police.
> > (If I recall correctly, the police looked up the Ontario driver's tags,
> > determined where he lived, and met him there.) Unfortunately, I never
> > heard any more about the Ontario driver, particularly what he was
> > driving and what the aftermath of this incident was. I am curious what
> > punishment (if any) he got from his father, what the fines and or
> > charges were, whether he fought them, why he was driving like that,
> > etc. etc. Given that this was probably a very wealthy family, I'm
> > wondering if dad hired a lawyer to make it all go away....
> In 2018, two morons on motorcycles here in New Zealand were doing
> 247kph on a public road (albeit back-country one), then sped up to over
> 300kph when spotted by Police.
> <https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/300kmh-motorcyclists-branded-as-lunatics/C47SMJ4AGGDMOQ6PCTCDRBIF2E/>

The wealthy hold a race in California each year where they go flat-out on a 100 mile stretch of road to see how fast they can do it.
Chrysler's Dodge Demon was 1/4 mile run 5000 times in a row with no engine damage. So there are plenty of cars out there that can do it.
The average performance car today (Corvette, Porsche) can comfortably cruise at 150mph all day long. Check-out the Youtube video of
the guy who stole the Hellcat and kept police on a chase for hours with speeds reaching 165mph, in-traffic on a highway.

Re: [OT] BC man goes so fast he blows up his engine

<ssqjji$1q2q$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=140172&group=rec.arts.tv#140172

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 17:44:35 +1300
 by: Your Name - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 04:44 UTC

On 2022-01-26 01:55:52 +0000, Rhino said:

> A BC man went so fast in his car that he literally destroyed the engine.
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news/a-20-year-old-was-caught-driving-almost-as-fast-as-a-plane-in-bc-then-the-engine-exploded/ar-AAT5U6A?ocid=msedgntp
>

> I think the problem is that he was driving in a crappy car.
<snip>

Looking at the photo, it is a crappy older car, probably a modified and
maybe engine-swapped.

Our residential area is fairly close to a business area, so late at
night we can often hear morons racing around the business area's empty
roads. A few times over the years we've got to the roundabout at the
top of the road the following morning to see that some idiot has driven
right across it and/or knocked over the road sign. X-(