Newsgroups: alt.radio.talk,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.usa,rec.arts.books
Subject: On Tuesday's Mark Levin Show
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 21:05:00 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 01:05 UTC

On Tuesday�s Mark Levin Show, the debate over wanting Donald Trump�s
virtue over his vices is flawed logic and it doesn�t get very far.
Trump was born for this struggle against the woke communists says
Clairmont institute Chairman Tom Klingenstein. Adding that we are in
the midst of a cold civil war, Trump highlighted the existing divide
and the left�s desire to end America as we know it. It�s precisely
Trump�s unorthodox virtue and bravado that makes him tick and succeed.
The bottom line is that we must not back down or compromise our values,
we must stand proudly for what we support and believe. Then, this
upcoming election is about those that love the country, its principles
and history, and those that hate the country. There are Americans that
hate faith, the nuclear family, our national sovereignty, and our
military. It�s between those that love America and those that hate
America, that�s it. That is the choice. Later, David Limbaugh joins the
show to discuss his new book, �The Resurrected Jesus: The Church in the
New Testament.� David dedicated this new book, co-authored with his
daughter Christen Limbaugh Bloom, to his brother Rush�s fans. Every
sentence in the book focuses on the mind, body, and soul.

Re: On Tuesday's Mark Levin Show

<super70s-B672B4.11124307092022@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1403&group=rec.arts.books#1403

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: alt.radio.talk,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.usa,rec.arts.books
Subject: Re: On Tuesday's Mark Levin Show
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2022 11:12:43 -0500
 by: super70s - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 16:12 UTC

In article <_ESdnVF00MFhaYr-nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday's Mark Levin Show, the debate over wanting Donald Trump's
> virtue over his vices is flawed logic and it doesn't get very far.
> Trump was born for this struggle against the woke communists says
> Clairmont institute Chairman Tom Klingenstein.

How the Claremont Institute Became a Nerve Center of the American Right
They made the intellectual case for Trump. Now they believe the country
is in a cultural civil war.
By Elisabeth Zerofsky
The New York Times
Published Aug. 3, 2022
Updated Aug. 9, 2022

"All weak sisters on the right must be called out," wrote the editors of
The American Mind on Nov. 5, 2020, in the uncertain days after the
election. Their editorial, titled "The Fight Is Now," warned that
Democrats were all but declaring themselves the winners "before the
votes are counted," making a mockery of the law and trying to
"demoralize half the country," just as they had for the "last damned
century." But the 2020 election -- like the contest for America's future
-- was not yet over, they vowed. "The fight has just begun," The
American Mind declared. "This is the moment that decides everything."

The American Mind is an online magazine of the Claremont Institute, a
right-wing think tank in California that has, in recent years, become
increasingly influential in Republican circles. Scholars at Claremont
have long subscribed to the belief that the American republic has been
dismantled, the Constitution corrupted by left-wing ideas, a viewpoint
that is increasingly in step with that of the broader American right. In
recent years, the Claremont Institute has also drawn attention for its
deliberate provocations, most memorably with the publication in 2016 of
"The Flight 93 Election." The essay took as its guiding metaphor the
only plane on 9/11 prevented from hitting its target by passengers who
wrested control of the aircraft, arguing that the election that fall
presented conservatives with a similar choice: either "you charge the
cockpit" (i.e. vote for Donald Trump) "or you die." In many ways,
"Flight 93" was era-defining, abetting a reckoning within the
conservative movement and prefiguring the take-no-prisoners style of
right-wing politics that would soon hold sway.

Originally published under a pseudonym, "Flight 93" was written by
Michael Anton, a Claremont senior fellow and a skilled polemicist,
schooled, as he has written, in making "public arguments that move
politics." If his essay achieved anything, Anton told me, it was to turn
Trump into a legitimate candidate of necessary change. "The initial
assumption was: This guy's a buffoon, a reality-TV star, not even an
amateur politician, not a politician at all, there's nothing serious
about any of his ideas or any of his program, therefore no serious
person could possibly support him or make an argument on his behalf," he
said. "And then we did it." Thomas Klingenstein, the chairman of the
board at Claremont, went further, telling me that "if there is within
the conservative movement a kind of intellectual justification for
Trump, it comes from Claremont."

The Claremont Institute is not a conventional think tank --
comparatively small, its main outlets consist of two politics-and-ideas
publications and several fellowship programs, including Publius and
Lincoln, that have attracted rising stars on the right. Yet Claremont's
reach is extensive: Claremont scholars have collaborated with Ron
DeSantis and helped shape the views of Clarence Thomas, Tom Cotton and
the conservative activist Christopher Rufo, and the institute received
the National Humanities Medal from President Trump in 2019. When Trump
failed to win re-election, some Claremonters accused Democrats of using
the pandemic to unconstitutionally change election laws to benefit
themselves, and in "The Fight Is Now," they called for "swarms of
lawyers" to push for "transparency in all the Democratic city machines
now churning out votes for Biden." One lawyer who can be said to have
taken up the challenge was John Eastman, a senior fellow at the
institute for 30 years and the founder and director of Claremont's
Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence.

more at:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/03/magazine/claremont-institute-conservat
ive.html