From: klu...@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Subject: More Songs from Balticon
Date: 6 May 2023 19:29:58 -0000
 by: Scott Dorsey - Sat, 6 May 2023 19:29 UTC

While I have been out of the country, the first pressing run of the new
updated Balticon CD set has come back from the pressing plant and in a
few weeks we are going to have a formal release party at Balticon. It's
a great set, with two CDs full of more music from Balticon, a wide variety
of filk going back to the 1990s and going up to 2020.

The fine people at Woksprint have made these available online and a google
search on "More Songs from Balticon" is likely to turn up their online sales.
On the other hand, you can also wait a few weeks and pick one up in person
at Balticon. We are having a small CD release party on Saturday night and
then a more extensive listening party Sunday afternoon.

If you liked the first CD set you'll like the second one even more, and at
$16 for more than two and a half hours of music it's a pretty good deal too.
--scott

Re: More Songs from Balticon

<a0tn5i9ne2pipj1tmto8qraponk3a0eano@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=14025&group=rec.music.filk#14025

From: art...@munged.invalid (Arthur T.)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Subject: Re: More Songs from Balticon
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 15:45:12 -0400
 by: Arthur T. - Wed, 10 May 2023 19:45 UTC

In Message-ID:<u369rm$hb7$1@panix2.panix.com>,
kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>If you liked the first CD set you'll like the second one even more, and at
>$16 for more than two and a half hours of music it's a pretty good deal too.

I found that it's also available on Ebay, at abut 150% of the cost of
new.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Re: More Songs from Balticon

<u3j35v$msh$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=14026&group=rec.music.filk#14026

From: klu...@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Date: 11 May 2023 15:55:43 -0000
 by: Scott Dorsey - Thu, 11 May 2023 15:55 UTC

Arthur T. <arthur@munged.invalid> wrote:
>In Message-ID:<u369rm$hb7$1@panix2.panix.com>,
>kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>
>>If you liked the first CD set you'll like the second one even more, and at
>>$16 for more than two and a half hours of music it's a pretty good deal too.
>
>I found that it's also available on Ebay, at abut 150% of the cost of
>new.

Interesting. I am not sure who rainbowprophet on ebay is, and after two days
of sleeping in airports (I finally made it to Stockholm but missed the flight
from Stockholm to Helsinki so I am waiting for tomorrow's flight to Heathrow
to get on a Helsinki flight since there is nothing sooner)... I am not really
able to check things out in detail.

So buy from whoever you want to buy from, but if you buy them at Balticon
you'll pay $16. I am really, really hoping to be back in the country for
Balticon....
--scott

>--
>Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Re: More Songs from Balticon

<u3kcft$29r$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=14027&group=rec.music.filk#14027

From: klu...@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Date: 12 May 2023 03:40:45 -0000
 by: Scott Dorsey - Fri, 12 May 2023 03:40 UTC

Arthur T. <arthur@munged.invalid> wrote:
>In Message-ID:<u369rm$hb7$1@panix2.panix.com>,
>kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>
>>If you liked the first CD set you'll like the second one even more, and at
>>$16 for more than two and a half hours of music it's a pretty good deal too.
>
>I found that it's also available on Ebay, at abut 150% of the cost of
>new.

Aha! That is in fact the woksprint people, who are adding their ebay fees
and additional costs onto it. They suggest buying directly and not through
ebay, but that many people insist on buying through ebay so they make that
option available.
--scott

And now they are sending me from Stockholm to Helsinki by way of London
because all the Helsinki flights are booked up with hockey fans all coming
in for some big match....