A kind of Batman of contemporary letters. -- Philip Larkin on Anthony Burgess

arts / rec.arts.comics.creative / Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four

SubjectAuthor
* LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-Writer CascadeArthur Spitzer
+* Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-WriterScott Eiler
|`- Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-WriterDrew Nilium
`* Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-WriterDrew Nilium
 `* Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-WriterJeanne Morningstar
  `- Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-WriterDrew Nilium

1
LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four

<eb97721f-5df0-49ea-b9e6-507e7ac43354n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1402&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1402

From: arspitz...@gmail.com (Arthur Spitzer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade
that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 21:18:14 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
d=1e100.net; s=20210112;
h=x-gm-message-state:path:newsgroups:date:injection-info
:nntp-posting-host:user-agent:mime-version:message-id:subject:from
:injection-date:to:content-transfer-encoding;
bh=2qos07CIc7hcQK94SRbErAKqayhiglendQMjdTvQt5c=;
b=OYIG6FNnh90E3H9r/onaiJngX6yRZz2TVGJTagYqldDeYzmec0p3IOJIjyHGWE6NcT
wQXGwV5e4W673VykqBt4LuWivVILMbiHMR77UC4voicYywqsQK/nD88FJW+xqZd/S/Jq
NAoBeS5DkNJ0DMQMPaKhySQCMkRw4zI6QQN72qwy9qS6YB535YL/Qb9oV3FFAN1a631s
Abmld4pOfAFOm5o3spnvLNnDoqoNhemr+2fqVph+GTf7VoZ04Wsf1EkHwKC2RpdcxKGd
DRynuENq/kZaJvQfVKUpVuw9Bhy+7al8SChaCMwsoZGrf9c5Hqcac2C2oPXDI3GP6WTZ
49jQ==
 by: Arthur Spitzer - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 21:18 UTC

You can sift through the racc list archive
https://lists.eyrie.org/pipermail/racc/
or you can try google groups racc for this issue of JAMWCtwPNHaE.

Scott Eiler gives us 'Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade That Will
Probably Never Have an Ending' chapter 7. What high jinks will Pschovant
the Duck and the Kosmik Kubrik Kube get up to in Earth-Thai-Schoolgirl
and will the LNH20 Looniverse be involved?

And Jeanne Morningstar gives us Chapter 8 of this. Is it time for Catalyst
Lass and Token Girl to discuss the nature of tsundere? And will
Adamant-Authority-On-Everything chime in?

Find out in...

_
| | Classic
| |__ | [] | | [] | | | | [] | | _ \

|____| \__] \__ | |_| \__/ |_|\_\
|_| OF NET.HEROES

====================

From: Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Date: Mon Feb 24 19:09:35 PST 2014

What Has Gone Before:

"Well, all righty then. Kosmik Kubrik Kube Powers, Activate!" -
Psychovant the Duck, from LNH: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade That
Will Probably Never Have an Ending #7.

Doc Nostalgia looked at himself. He'd gotten back his modern muscular
form! "Just point me at Mister Morrison!" - from LNH20: LNH20 Comics
Presents #17: The Spoon of Destiny Saga Part 17: "The Perils of Doc
Nostalgia".

---

Psychovant the Duck yawned. He was on a massage chair, in his favorite
place. Earth-Thai-Schoolgirl.

"Well, if you're done, ladies, I think I'll move on."

The masseuses gave their ritual protests. "But, Mister Duck, you only
been with us one week! We have a special deal for one-month residency!"

"Oh, believe me, I love you for that. But now that I've laid low and
done my Kosmik Kube research for one week, it's time to go do stuff."

The duck held a cube in his wing. It pulsed in approval.

---

In a distant universe, Doc Nostalgia and his arch-nemesis Mister
Morrison popped out of a magic portal. Doc Nostalgia said, "As you can
see, I've survived this little Magical Mystery Tour challenge of yours.
I'm ready for you this time!"

"Yes, I see your nostalgia powers can adapt to Beatlemania. Even
without a little help from your friends." Mister Morrison look like
Sgt. Pepper from the Beatles album.

"I had *lots* of help from my friends!"

"Well, you seem to be on your own now." Mister Morrison dissolved into
butterflies, floating around Doc Nostalgia's head.

From a third direction, a grating voice yelled, "Oooh! 1960s
Butterflies! What could *possibly* stop them? ... Oh! I know! 1960s
DDT!"

A cloud of chemicals floated down on the combatants. Doc Nostalgia
didn't smell anything from it. But Mister Morrison's butterflies convulsed..

"choke choke..." Mister Morrison looked up. "Oh. A demon in duck
form. How quaint. How fitting that you should be helpless against me
as *Internet Virus* Butterflies!" He turned back into butterflies, only
electronic.

"heh. You failed to notice, I am a *cyborg* demon duck! And I'm full
of EMP!" Energy pulsed out from the duck. The butterflies all
thrashed, and collapsed into a thrashing human form. "Heh. I've been
watching. And I've been waiting for *someone* to do all this to you."

"Gah. Duck. You make this place uncomfortable for me. Let it be
known, I will return. When I *feel* like it. When the climate might be
more comfortable." Mister Morrison disappeared in a poof of DDT.

Doc Nostalgia exclaimed, "Uh. Cyborg, or demon, or duck, or whatever. I
had this."

"Suuuure you did. Now go finish your damn LNH20 cascade!"

The cyborg demon duck disappeared.

---

Author's Notes:

In finest LNH cascade tradition, all LNH cascades are now fair game. Heh.

--
(signed) Scott Eiler 8{D> -------- http://www.eilertech.com/ ---------

I know. - Archie Andrews

Token Girl was patiently listening to Catalyst Lass gossip on about the new LNHers and their friendships and possible romantic entanglements, as she waited for Obscure Trivia Lad to finish his watch so they could start their D&D session. (Thankfully, Munchkin Man was nowhere around.)

Usually, with Cat's formidable catalytic powers, she could get even Lethal Lawyer to listen to this kind of talk with at least some interest, but Token Girl had been inured to them by their long association, and she was always more stubborn than average. Token Girl didn't care much about that kind of thing. Well, not much. Anymore. But this was one of those times when Cat was getting into one of her obsessive shipper moods because she wanted to take her mind off other things--like the fact they were going headlong into a cosmic crisis, again--so she let her ramble on.

"...on the other hand, maybe she's being tsundere," said Catalyst Lass.

Token Girl rolled her eyes. "Tsundere isn't a thing in real life, Cat."

"Well this isn't real life, Tara, we're superheroes!"

"Well, tsundere aren't a thing in superhero comics either."

Catalyst Lass grinned. "What about Batman?"

"...Batman?"

"Yes! Ever since the Crisis on Infinite Earths, when DCU started differentiating its core characters more and introducing more conflict between them to fit the Marvel template, Batman has followed the classic tsundere behavior pattern." Her face lit up and she started making animated hand gestures. "With his friends and teammates, like Superman, his default interactions are cold, aloof and hostile, but gradually he reveals his vulnerabiliity and caring."

"No, no, Batman can't be a tsundere. Tsundere are supposed to be cute anime girls and Batman is a hot dad."

"Au contraire! The Wikipedia article states that tsundere don't have to be female. The character of England in Axis Powers Hetalia, for example, is considered a tsundere. I don't see why that can't apply to Batman."

"But that's part of the whole moe thing. You know, creepy guys in fedoras drooling over underaged anime girls. Batman isn't moe."

"Well, that depends on how you define moe, I guess. Moe involves the feeling of protectiveness toward a character. Traditionally, moe in anime fandom has been a part of the heterosexual male gaze. But all kinds of readers feel "moe" feelings toward characters outside of that. The highest degree of moe is for someone who seems on the surface to be powerful, unapproachable, untouchable but has a deeply vulnerable core, and they're lonely and isolated and you want to reach out and hug them a lot. Batman is moe!"

"Wow, OK," said Token Girl. "That's certainly one way of looking at it."

"Actually," said Adamant-Authority-On-Everything, "recent evidence has suggested that the collapse on Easter Island was due to disease brought by the Europeans and not--"

"What the hell?" said Token Girl.

"Oh," said Adamant-Authority-On-Everything. "I thought you were talking about moai."

"Wait, how did you get in here?"

"Well, they're not totally unrelated," said Catalyst Lass. "Matt Smith is pretty moe."

Token Girl sighed. "Boy," she said, "you sure do have some weird conversations when you're in space."

****

The ship that was bearing the LNH to face LAN.os sailed silently on through space. It was not a spaceship, rather, it was an actual wooden ship with a massive solar sail. The figurehead was in the shape of Alice Ashdown, AKA Lydia Forward (long story--cf. the classic Ultimate Mercenary series), AKA Net.Access as the ship was in point of fact, her. She had barged in on the meeting just as it was winding down and volunteered to bring the LNH to their destination. They'd gone along with the idea of a strange woman showing up out of nowhere without batting an eyelash, since after all this was a crossover. But in it hadn't quite gone according to plan. She'd used her Crossover Summon powers to summon up the Argo, a ship that could bear heroes across time and space, but had somehow transformed into the ship herself. Her actual body was currently the figurehead attached to the front.

She wasn't entirely sure why things had turned out this way. Maybe she'd merged with it because she'd been a vehicle for such a long time, or she'd unknowingly tapped into one of her forms from another mythos or genre. Her powers were both wide-ranging and very specific, and she had trouble figuring out what to make of them. Technically, she could draw on any weapon or artifact from any continuity she wasn't currently in, but in an LNH context she had to respect copyright. The sheer options of what she could draw on were a little daunting, though she had a fondness for classical mythology.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four

<t1qmep$4r6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1403&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1403

From: sei...@eilertech.com (Scott Eiler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-Writer
Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 21:54:46 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Scott Eiler - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 21:54 UTC

On 2022-03-27 14:18, Arthur Spitzer quoted:

> From a third direction, a grating voice yelled, "Oooh! 1960s
> Butterflies! What could*possibly* stop them? ... Oh! I know! 1960s
> DDT!"
>
> A cloud of chemicals floated down on the combatants. Doc Nostalgia
> didn't smell anything from it. But Mister Morrison's butterflies convulsed.
>
> "choke choke..." Mister Morrison looked up. "Oh. A demon in duck
> form. How quaint. How fitting that you should be helpless against me
> as *Internet Virus* Butterflies!" He turned back into butterflies, only
> electronic.
>
> "heh. You failed to notice, I am a *cyborg* demon duck! And I'm full
> of EMP!" Energy pulsed out from the duck. The butterflies all
> thrashed, and collapsed into a thrashing human form. "Heh. I've been
> watching. And I've been waiting for *someone* to do all this to you."

Oh, if only Mister Morrison had tried to affect Psychovant's mind then.
Or, maybe he tried to - and promptly found out better!

Anyway, if Mister Morrison ever shows up in LNH20 again, he'll be Atomic
Rabbit's problem.

Now, could we get Rob Rogers to vocalize and record some of this stuff?
8{D>

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler 8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal. From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.

Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four

<terrbb$2ec4g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1541&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1541

From: pwer...@gmail.com (Drew Nilium)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 02:55:52 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Drew Nilium - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 02:55 UTC

On 3/27/22 5:18 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:

<snip>
> In a distant universe, Doc Nostalgia and his arch-nemesis Mister
> Morrison popped out of a magic portal. Doc Nostalgia said, "As you can
> see, I've survived this little Magical Mystery Tour challenge of yours.
> I'm ready for you this time!"

I love that Scott decided to grab this loose end and move it forward. X>

> "Gah. Duck. You make this place uncomfortable for me. Let it be
> known, I will return. When I *feel* like it. When the climate might be
> more comfortable." Mister Morrison disappeared in a poof of DDT.

Heeheehee :>
> In finest LNH cascade tradition, all LNH cascades are now fair game. Heh.

Heck yeah they are. :D

> Usually, with Cat's formidable catalytic powers, she could get even Lethal
> Lawyer to listen to this kind of talk with at least some interest, but Token
> Girl had been inured to them by their long association, and she was always
> more stubborn than average. Token Girl didn't care much about that kind of
> thing. Well, not much. Anymore. But this was one of those times when Cat was
> getting into one of her obsessive shipper moods because she wanted to take her
> mind off other things--like the fact they were going headlong into a cosmic
> crisis, again--so she let her ramble on.

I think this is the point where Jeanne first established this relationship, and
it really does immediately feel like something that goes back to the early '90s. X>

> Token Girl rolled her eyes. "Tsundere isn't a thing in real life, Cat."
>
> "Well this isn't real life, Tara, we're superheroes!"

So adorable

> "Yes! Ever since the Crisis on Infinite Earths, when DCU started
> differentiating its core characters more and introducing more conflict between
> them to fit the Marvel template, Batman has followed the classic tsundere
> behavior pattern." Her face lit up and she started making animated hand
> gestures. "With his friends and teammates, like Superman, his default
> interactions are cold, aloof and hostile, but gradually he reveals his
> vulnerabiliity and caring."

It's true and she should say it!!

> "No, no, Batman can't be a tsundere. Tsundere are supposed to be cute anime
> girls and Batman is a hot dad."

This is such a good line. X>

> Traditionally, moe in anime fandom has been a part of the heterosexual male
> gaze. But all kinds of readers feel "moe" feelings toward characters outside
> of that. The highest degree of moe is for someone who seems on the surface to
> be powerful, unapproachable, untouchable but has a deeply vulnerable core, and
> they're lonely and isolated and you want to reach out and hug them a lot.
> Batman is moe!"

YESSSSS. :D TELL IT, SISTER!

> "Actually," said Adamant-Authority-On-Everything, "recent evidence has
> suggested that the collapse on Easter Island was due to disease brought by the
> Europeans and not--"
>
> "What the hell?" said Token Girl.
>
> "Oh," said Adamant-Authority-On-Everything. "I thought you were talking about moai."
>
> "Wait, how did you get in here?"
>
> "Well, they're not totally unrelated," said Catalyst Lass. "Matt Smith is pretty moe."
>
> Token Girl sighed. "Boy," she said, "you sure do have some weird conversations
> when you're in space."

ahhhhhhh so good |>

> Her powers were both wide-ranging and very specific, and she had trouble
> figuring out what to make of them. Technically, she could draw on any weapon
> or artifact from any continuity she wasn't currently in, but in an LNH context
> she had to respect copyright. The sheer options of what she could draw on were
> a little daunting, though she had a fondness for classical mythology.

Yeah, it took me a while to get a handle on. X> Especially in Friendgame. I'm
retconning some of that weirdness by saying that her powers are increased in the
Friend Zone, due to its nature of connection.

> She'd talked with Cheesecake-Eater Lad! Cheesecake-Eater Lad was literally
> inside her! She didn't know how to feel about that.

X3

> But there wasn't much for her to do out here but be awed by the pure immensity
> of it all. For a long time, that was all she could think about--she was in
> space! She was part of the LNH! But after several hours of sailing through
> empty space, she started thinking about all the awkward things in her life.

That's familiar. X3

> I was out of the universe for years, so my credit rating can't be good. But it
> doesn't matter! I'm a net.hero now! And they usually make money... somehow...
> I guess the LNH will give me a stipend. As soon as I actually join them. Which
> should be any minute now.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine. X>

> I just--I want to be with her more than anything. No, I want to be a hero more
> than anything. I AM a hero. I've made it! But why did I have to kiss her?
> She's basically the only friend I have right now, why did I have to make
> things weird? Why do I have to keep going too far? I feel like I've had all
> this potential that I couldn't get to because the world was holding me back,
> and now it's all spilling out at once and I don't know what to do with it...

Ohhhhh, sweetie. ;-; Must hug.

> As soon as she entered the building, she was almost knocked over by the
> stampeding goths. She didn't want to fight them off. Or at least she knew she
> shouldn't, although in fact she wanted to individually beat them all within an
> inch of their lives.

Also relatable, from working with the public. X3

> She smiled a crooked smile. "I'll bet you'd make a great goth. We could paint
> our nails and then conquer the world!"

Merissa's just adorable. <3 Um, even when she's being terrible.

> There was a titanic billboard, larger than the LNH logo, that said: "No-Duh:
> It's a Soda!" What did that mean? It sounded like one of those terrible Mr.
> Pakrika knock-offs they sold in grocery chains. Probably the LNHQ had just
> been blown up again. Nothing to be too concerned about.
>
> She opened the door and walked in.
>
> YOU HAVE BEEN READING
> JUST ANOTHER MULTI-WRITER CASCADE THAT WILL NEVER HAVE AN ENDING #8
> AKA LOONIVERSE Y #15 PART 2
> by Adrian J. McClure

:D :D :D THAT'S SUCH A GOOD TITLE DROP

> But he had to try. Because he was Atomic Rabbit, one of the greatest heroes of
> the Tooniverse, and he would get that terrible duck if it was the last thing
> he did.

AND THAT'S SUCH A GOOD POST CREDITS SCENE. :D

Drew "ahhhhh, we were on with this one" Nilium

Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four

<terrd8$2ec4g$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1542&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1542

From: pwer...@gmail.com (Drew Nilium)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 02:56:45 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Drew Nilium - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 02:56 UTC

On 3/27/22 5:54 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:

<snip>
> Now, could we get Rob Rogers to vocalize and record some of this stuff?  8{D>

That would be flipping amazing. X>

Drew "100% for it" Nilium

Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four

<teru0n$2ejbg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1544&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1544

From: mrfantas...@gmail.com (Jeanne Morningstar)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 03:41:22 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Jeanne Morningstar - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 03:41 UTC

On 9/1/22 9:55 PM, Drew Nilium wrote:
> On 3/27/22 5:18 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:

> I think this is the point where Jeanne first established this
> relationship, and it really does immediately feel like something that
> goes back to the early '90s. X>

That's kind of how the LNH has always worked, really.

I came up with this whole dynamic for an attempt at starting an LNh v3
#1 which would have had an all-female team, mirroring the Brian Wood
X-Men of the time (probably for the best that went nowhere, considering
how that turned out...) I came up with this whole dialogue exchange out
of the blue and didn't know what characters it went with, later deciding
on Cat and Tara.

>> Token Girl rolled her eyes. "Tsundere isn't a thing in real life, Cat. >>
>> "Well this isn't real life, Tara, we're superheroes!"
>
> So adorable

I excerpted this scene on the LNH tumblr, and to this day it still gets
reblogs every now and again from people who know nothing about the LNH.

> > "No, no, Batman can't be a tsundere. Tsundere are supposed to be cute
> anime
> > girls and Batman is a hot dad."
>
> This is such a good line. X>

I've always kind of written Tara as being a reflection or distillation
of current internet culture.

> Yeah, it took me a while to get a handle on. X> Especially in
> Friendgame. I'm retconning some of that weirdness by saying that her
> powers are increased in the Friend Zone, due to its nature of connection.

All the characters I create tend to have powers that are both
wide-ranging and very specific, kind of like the early Silver Age Flash
and Green Lantern. There's a definite logic by which they work, but it's
associational logic.

> Ohhhhh, sweetie. ;-; Must hug.

One thing about the whole Alice/Victoria relationship is that Alice
really has many of the same inseucrities and anxieties Vic does, she's
just better at hiding them because she's built her personality around
bieng the confident hero/leader type.

Like Cat/Tara, their relationship was influenced by Carol Danvers and
Jessica Drew's. Carol being someone who was always pushing forward (even
when it might not be a good idea), Jess being someone who tended to
retreat into anxiety. Alice is Carol Danvers+Kitty Pryde and Vic is
Jessica Drew+Illyana Rasputin, more or less.

>> YOU HAVE BEEN READING JUST ANOTHER MULTI-WRITER CASCADE THAT WILL
>> NEVER HAVE AN ENDING #8
>> AKA LOONIVERSE Y #15 PART 2
>> by Adrian J. McClure

> :D :D :D THAT'S SUCH A GOOD TITLE DROP

Oh boy, here come the really big emotions...

--
Jeanne "Comrade Bruce Wayne: Gossip Girl" Morningstar
Chief Procrastinator, Commission of Ecumenical Translators

It is a foul bauble of man's vanity. Away with it!
--Count Dracula, throwing a mirror out a window, _Dracula_ by Bram Stoker

Re: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #238: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four

<tes0un$2er99$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1547&group=rec.arts.comics.creative#1547

From: pwer...@gmail.com (Drew Nilium)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Cascade that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Four
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 04:31:24 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
 by: Drew Nilium - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 04:31 UTC

On 9/1/22 11:41 PM, Jeanne Morningstar wrote:
> On 9/1/22 9:55 PM, Drew Nilium wrote:
>> On 3/27/22 5:18 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
>

>> I think this is the point where Jeanne first established this relationship,
>> and it really does immediately feel like something that goes back to the early
>> '90s. X>
>
> That's kind of how the LNH has always worked, really.
>
> I came up with this whole dynamic for an attempt at starting an LNh v3 #1 which
> would have had an all-female team, mirroring the Brian Wood X-Men of the time
> (probably for the best that went nowhere, considering how that turned out...)

I remember that. X3

>>> Token Girl rolled her eyes. "Tsundere isn't a thing in real life, Cat. >>
>>> "Well this isn't real life, Tara, we're superheroes!"
>>
>> So adorable
>
> I excerpted this scene on the LNH tumblr, and to this day it still gets reblogs
> every now and again from people who know nothing about the LNH.

yesssssss <3 <3 <3 Wonderful.

>>  > "No, no, Batman can't be a tsundere. Tsundere are supposed to be cute anime
>>  > girls and Batman is a hot dad."
>>
>> This is such a good line. X>
>
> I've always kind of written Tara as being a reflection or distillation of
> current internet culture.

Delightful. :3 Though she's also such an Internet Oldster, at the same time.

>> Yeah, it took me a while to get a handle on. X> Especially in Friendgame. I'm
>> retconning some of that weirdness by saying that her powers are increased in
>> the Friend Zone, due to its nature of connection.
>
> All the characters I create tend to have powers that are both wide-ranging and
> very specific, kind of like the early Silver Age Flash and Green Lantern.
> There's a definite logic by which they work, but it's associational logic.

:D Yeah, that makes sense. Fundamentally magical.

> One thing about the whole Alice/Victoria relationship is that Alice really has
> many of the same inseucrities and anxieties Vic does, she's just better at
> hiding them because she's built her personality around bieng the confident
> hero/leader type.

That's familiar. X3

> Like Cat/Tara, their relationship was influenced by Carol Danvers and Jessica
> Drew's. Carol being someone who was always pushing forward (even when it might
> not be a good idea), Jess being someone who tended to retreat into anxiety.

Hmmmm, yes

> Alice is Carol Danvers+Kitty Pryde and Vic is Jessica Drew+Illyana Rasputin,
> more or less.

Well that's adorable. X3

>>> YOU HAVE BEEN READING JUST ANOTHER MULTI-WRITER CASCADE THAT WILL NEVER HAVE
>>> AN ENDING #8
>>> AKA LOONIVERSE Y #15 PART 2
>>> by Adrian J. McClure
>
>> :D :D :D THAT'S SUCH A GOOD TITLE DROP
>
> Oh boy, here come the really big emotions...

Drew "in three, two, one..." Nilium