From: art...@munged.invalid (Arthur T.)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Subject: New filk: Clank Your Chains
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 23:50:39 -0400
 by: Arthur T. - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 03:50 UTC

First verse is a mashup of two (anonymous?) sources.
Then, as usual, I couldn't leave well enough alone.

Title: Clank Your Chains
ttto: If You're Happy And You Know It

If you're happy and you know it, clank your chains.
If you're happy and you know it, clank your chains.
If you're happy and you know it,
Overthinking will just blow it.
If you're happy and you know it, clank your chains.

If you're miserable and know it, clank your chains.
If you're miserable and know it, clank your chains.
If you're miserable and know it,
It's a shame you won't outgrow it.
If you're miserable and know it, clank your chains.

If you're mad as hell and know it, clank your chains.
If you're mad as hell and know it, clank your chains.
If you're mad as hell and know it,
City Hall's there, overthrow it.
If you're mad as hell and know it, clank your chains.

Revolution is the answer, clank your chains.
Revolution is the answer, clank your chains.
Revolution is the answer,
Status quo is just a cancer.
Revolution is the answer, clank your chains.

My lyrics copyright 2023 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
1. copyright notice is maintained, and
2. no money changes hands.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Guessing a lyricist's opinions from his songs is as futile as
guessing an author's opinions from his novels.

Re: New filk: Clank Your Chains

<u810li$3edf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=14041&group=rec.music.filk#14041

From: gar...@mcgath.com (Gary McGath)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Subject: Re: New filk: Clank Your Chains
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 07:43:45 -0400
 by: Gary McGath - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 11:43 UTC

On 7/3/23 11:50 PM, Arthur T. wrote:
> My lyrics copyright 2023 by Arthur Tansky. License granted for
> non-commercial, non-political archiving and performance as long as:
> 1. copyright notice is maintained, and
> 2. no money changes hands.

I'm not sure a non-political performance of this one is possible.
--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com