From: lee.g...@ca.rr.com (Lee Gold XP)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Subject: news on Bill Laubenheimer
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 20:49:17 -0700
 by: Lee Gold XP - Sat, 22 Jul 2023 03:49 UTC

Carole Parker (filker, wife of Bill Laubenheimer, also a filker) posted
on Wednesday afternoon: “Hubby in St. Boniface hospital.”

I emailed her, and she replied, “Bill died today in Winnipeg. Yes, you
can tell Barry.
You can tell others as well, but I ask that no medical information be on
Facebook, please.
“It was unexpected and without warning.
“We were about to order brunch when he had a heart attack.
Fortunately, Bill did not die in the restaurant.
“The hospital is the region’s heart specialty hospital, so he was in
good care. His body had a cascade of stuff happen, and the medical team
did their best.”

Lee Comment: I am stunned by this news. He looked young
(well, younger than Barry and me) and healthy and not overweight,
and I expected him to outlive me by a couple of decades.

Re: news on Bill Laubenheimer

<u9m421$n3jb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=14056&group=rec.music.filk#14056

From: gar...@mcgath.com (Gary McGath)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Subject: Re: news on Bill Laubenheimer
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 11:06:40 -0400
 by: Gary McGath - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 15:06 UTC

On 7/21/23 11:49 PM, Lee Gold XP wrote:
> Carole Parker (filker, wife of Bill Laubenheimer, also a filker) posted
> on Wednesday afternoon: “Hubby in St. Boniface hospital.”
>
> I emailed her, and she replied, “Bill died today in Winnipeg. Yes, you
> can tell Barry.
> You can tell others as well, but I ask that no medical information be on
> Facebook, please.
>     “It was unexpected and without warning.
>     “We were about to order brunch when he had a heart attack.
> Fortunately, Bill did not die in the restaurant.
>     “The hospital is the region’s heart specialty hospital, so he was
> in good care. His body had a cascade of stuff happen, and the medical
> team did their best.”
>
> Lee Comment:  I am stunned by this news.  He looked young
> (well, younger than Barry and me) and healthy and not overweight,
> and I expected him to outlive me by a couple of decades.

It was quite a shock to all of us at NASFiC, where he was scheduled to
be on the filk program. Carole came to the con anyway and got lots of
support. Several songs were sung in his memory.

I had accompanied one of his songs, a Gilbert and Sullivan parody, a
couple of times.

--
Gary McGath http://www.mcgath.com

Re: news on Bill Laubenheimer

<87lee1fqjz.fsf@nightsong.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=14072&group=rec.music.filk#14072

From: no.em...@nospam.invalid (Paul Rubin)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 13:32:16 -0700
sha1:rJ2J8owNhku5PtfJQCs0lzeiZic=
 by: Paul Rubin - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 20:32 UTC

OMG I just saw this a month later. I wasn't super well acquainted with
Bill, but do I remember him. Deep sympathy to Carol. :((((((