I am firm. You are obstinate. He is a pig-headed fool. -- Katharine Whitehorn

arts / rec.arts.tv / I almost feel bad for the GQP.

SubjectAuthor
* I almost feel bad for the GQP.trotsky
+* Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.Irish Mike
|`* Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.super70s
| +* Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.Dimensional Traveler
| |`- Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.trotsky
| `* Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.Adam H. Kerman
|  +* Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.super70s
|  |`* Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.Adam H. Kerman
|  | `- Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.super70s
|  `* Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.Ubiquitous
|   `- Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.trotsky
`- Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.chromebook test

1
I almost feel bad for the GQP.

<t0cifv$18k7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141056&group=rec.arts.tv#141056

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: I almost feel bad for the GQP.
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 04:04:46 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 10:04 UTC

The humanitarian crisis in Ukraine needed immediate action and Biden and
the Dems, as usual, rose to the occasion. The GQP were stuck between
being obstructionist assholes and following along because they don't
want to look like assholes on this one. Now we get to see what bullshit
they come up with in the Senate.

Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.

<95d9d7be-3d8f-42a4-9d1c-21f0e26e41c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141057&group=rec.arts.tv#141057

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 02:46:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 10:46 UTC

On Thursday, March 10, 2022 at 5:04:54 AM UTC-5, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
> The humanitarian crisis in Ukraine needed immediate action and Biden and
> the Dems, as usual, rose to the occasion. The GQP were stuck between
> being obstructionist assholes and following along because they don't
> want to look like assholes on this one. Now we get to see what bullshit
> they come up with in the Senate.

ABC News released a poll yesterday saying just
37 percent of Americans approve of Biden's job
performance - that is a devastating number
from a liberal news agency like ABC.

To make matters even worse, most Americans, and all
world leaders, know that Biden's weakness, including his
horrifically botched withdrawal from Afghanistan,
encouraged Putin to launch his bloody invasion of
the Ukraine. A decision he would never have made
when Trump was in office.

In addition, Biden's idiotic decision to shut down the Keystone
Pipeline and strangle America's fossil fuel industry triggered
the worse inflation our country has had in 40 years. Which
took America from being fuel independent back to importing
oil from the Russia and the Middle East. It also put $billions in Putin's
pocket because our European allies are now even more
dependent on Russia for oil. Under Trump there was no inflation
and the average gas price was a little over $2.19 a gallon.
Under Biden, the national average gas price is now $4.25 a gallon!

However, there is one positive in this for Joe Biden. It has
distracted the American people from the massive flood
of illegal immigrants and drugs pouring across our
unsecured southern border!

God save America from Biden and the left-wing Progressives
who are working to destroy it.

Irish Mike

Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.

<super70s-C0BC55.12374710032022@reader02.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141197&group=rec.arts.tv#141197

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 12:37:47 -0600
 by: super70s - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 18:37 UTC

In article <95d9d7be-3d8f-42a4-9d1c-21f0e26e41c9n@googlegroups.com>,
Irish Mike <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:

> To make matters even worse, most Americans, and all
> world leaders, know that Biden's weakness, including his
> horrifically botched withdrawal from Afghanistan,
> encouraged Putin to launch his bloody invasion of
> the Ukraine. A decision he would never have made
> when Trump was in office.

That's because Trump would've handed Ukraine over to Putin on a silver
platter. He went around the world doing everything he could to weaken
NATO, using some idiotic "other NATO countries don't pay the same amount
of dues that we do" excuse. Everything to him -- even foreign policy --
is like working a real estate deal.

It's going to take a generation to deprogram Republicans who have become
fascinated with the Putin/Trump authoritarian style of governing.

Maybe even 40 years for you if you have that much time left.

P.S. - Afghanistan is in the rear view mirror now and nobody is going to
remember anything about it other than Biden finally got us out of that
quagmire when three previous presidents couldn't or wouldn't.

Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.

<t0dnvq$luc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141208&group=rec.arts.tv#141208

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 12:44:42 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 20:44 UTC

On 3/10/2022 10:37 AM, super70s wrote:
> In article <95d9d7be-3d8f-42a4-9d1c-21f0e26e41c9n@googlegroups.com>,
> Irish Mike <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> To make matters even worse, most Americans, and all
>> world leaders, know that Biden's weakness, including his
>> horrifically botched withdrawal from Afghanistan,
>> encouraged Putin to launch his bloody invasion of
>> the Ukraine. A decision he would never have made
>> when Trump was in office.
>
> That's because Trump would've handed Ukraine over to Putin on a silver
> platter. He went around the world doing everything he could to weaken
> NATO, using some idiotic "other NATO countries don't pay the same amount
> of dues that we do" excuse. Everything to him -- even foreign policy --
> is like working a real estate deal.

Just to pour napalm on the fire :D I've seen at least one news story
about someone who was high up in the Trump administration saying that if
Trump had gotten a second term he would have withdrawn the US from NATO.

dirty old man.

Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.

<t0dui0$12mt$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141238&group=rec.arts.tv#141238

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 16:36:47 -0600
 by: trotsky - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 22:36 UTC

On 3/10/2022 2:44 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 3/10/2022 10:37 AM, super70s wrote:
>> In article <95d9d7be-3d8f-42a4-9d1c-21f0e26e41c9n@googlegroups.com>,
>>   Irish Mike <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> To make matters even worse, most Americans, and all
>>> world leaders, know that Biden's weakness, including his
>>> horrifically botched withdrawal from Afghanistan,
>>> encouraged Putin to launch his bloody invasion of
>>> the Ukraine. A decision he would never have made
>>> when Trump was in office.
>>
>> That's because Trump would've handed Ukraine over to Putin on a silver
>> platter. He went around the world doing everything he could to weaken
>> NATO, using some idiotic "other NATO countries don't pay the same amount
>> of dues that we do" excuse. Everything to him -- even foreign policy --
>> is like working a real estate deal.
>>
> Just to pour napalm on the fire :D I've seen at least one news story
> about someone who was high up in the Trump administration saying that if
> Trump had gotten a second term he would have withdrawn the US from NATO.

Trump doesn't even know how to spell NATO.

Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.

<t0fs12$shb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141358&group=rec.arts.tv#141358

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 16:05:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 16:05 UTC

super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>Irish Mike <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:

>>To make matters even worse, most Americans, and all
>>world leaders, know that Biden's weakness, including his
>>horrifically botched withdrawal from Afghanistan,
>>encouraged Putin to launch his bloody invasion of
>>the Ukraine. A decision he would never have made
>>when Trump was in office.

>That's because Trump would've handed Ukraine over to Putin on a silver
>platter. He went around the world doing everything he could to weaken
>NATO, using some idiotic "other NATO countries don't pay the same amount
>of dues that we do" excuse. Everything to him -- even foreign policy --
>is like working a real estate deal.

The Europeans weren't taking Putin's threats seriously -- even though
he'd already invaded Georgia and Ukraine. They were willfully blind to
understanding what giving Putin hard currency for energy meant for the
ability to build up the army.

This invasion of Iran is what led to Germany doing a major increase in
defense spending.

Trump couldn't sell the idea of "spend a lot more on defense" at the
same time he was making kissyface with Putin. Who the hell else is a
military threat to NATO countries than Russia?

>It's going to take a generation to deprogram Republicans who have become
>fascinated with the Putin/Trump authoritarian style of governing.

>Maybe even 40 years for you if you have that much time left.

>P.S. - Afghanistan is in the rear view mirror now and nobody is going to
>remember anything about it other than Biden finally got us out of that
>quagmire when three previous presidents couldn't or wouldn't.

Nonsense. Furthermore we aren't out of the quagmire as Afghanistan is
completely destablized and a disaster.

Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.

<super70s-FADB9D.11580411032022@reader02.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141381&group=rec.arts.tv#141381

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 11:58:04 -0600
 by: super70s - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 17:58 UTC

In article <t0fs12$shb$2@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
> >P.S. - Afghanistan is in the rear view mirror now and nobody is going to
> >remember anything about it other than Biden finally got us out of that
> >quagmire when three previous presidents couldn't or wouldn't.
>
> Nonsense. Furthermore we aren't out of the quagmire as Afghanistan is
> completely destablized and a disaster.

Heard any reports of US troops dying in Afghanistan lately?

Afghanistan is going to have to decide their own fate, just like
Ukrainians are going to do in the long run no matter what Russia does.
US troops (like the old USSR) will never be able to "stabilize" it.

Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.

<t0g36b$nrh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141382&group=rec.arts.tv#141382

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 18:08:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 18:08 UTC

super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>>>P.S. - Afghanistan is in the rear view mirror now and nobody is going to
>>>remember anything about it other than Biden finally got us out of that
>>>quagmire when three previous presidents couldn't or wouldn't.

>>Nonsense. Furthermore we aren't out of the quagmire as Afghanistan is
>>completely destablized and a disaster.

>Heard any reports of US troops dying in Afghanistan lately?

You might wish to get that willful blindness thing corrected.

Destablized nations have always had a negative impact far beyond their
own borders.

>Afghanistan is going to have to decide their own fate, just like
>Ukrainians are going to do in the long run no matter what Russia does.
>US troops (like the old USSR) will never be able to "stabilize" it.

How exactly do Afghanis get to decide their own fate?

Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.

<0cca3cb5-8298-4177-bb56-bd24f151a210n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141387&group=rec.arts.tv#141387

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 10:32:02 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 18:32 UTC

On Thursday, March 10, 2022 at 5:04:54 AM UTC-5, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
> The humanitarian crisis in Ukraine needed immediate action and Biden and
> the Dems get to see what bullshit
> they come up with in the Senate.

"Let them bleed", the last US intervention
https://www.google.com/search?q=let+them+bleed+Syria&gs_ivs=1

Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.

<KLOdnaOHoL4kN7H_nZ2dnUU7-XudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141501&group=rec.arts.tv#141501

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 09:14:07 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 14:14 UTC

In article <t0fs12$shb$2@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:

>Trump couldn't sell the idea of "spend a lot more on defense" at the
>same time he was making kissyface with Putin.

Trump did no such thing. In fact, he was tougher on Putin than most of his
predescessors.

--
Let's go Brandon.

Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.

<super70s-16F822.10135712032022@reader5.news.weretis.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141513&group=rec.arts.tv#141513

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 10:13:57 -0600
 by: super70s - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:13 UTC

In article <t0g36b$nrh$2@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

> >>Nonsense. Furthermore we aren't out of the quagmire as Afghanistan is
> >>completely destablized and a disaster.
>
> >Heard any reports of US troops dying in Afghanistan lately?
>
> You might wish to get that willful blindness thing corrected.
>
> Destablized nations have always had a negative impact far beyond their
> own borders.
>
> >Afghanistan is going to have to decide their own fate, just like
> >Ukrainians are going to do in the long run no matter what Russia does.
> >US troops (like the old USSR) will never be able to "stabilize" it.
>
> How exactly do Afghanis get to decide their own fate?

I don't really give a shit whether they do or not. The US was there for
20 years and the place was as screwed up when they left as when they got
there.

If another Osama pops up there the US can conduct a Special Ops to take
him out like the way the wound up getting the real Osama in Pakistan.
Using US troops as cannon fodder for the Taliban makes no sense.

Re: I almost feel bad for the GQP.

<t0iv5t$1fl8$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141551&group=rec.arts.tv#141551

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 14:18:05 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 20:18 UTC

On 3/12/2022 8:14 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> In article <t0fs12$shb$2@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
>
>> Trump couldn't sell the idea of "spend a lot more on defense" at the
>> same time he was making kissyface with Putin.
>
> Trump did no such thing. In fact, he was tougher on Putin than most of his
> predescessors.

Your logic is as faulty as your spelling Pubie. Computers have this new
thing now called spell check. You should google it, if you've ever
heard of google.