From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Subject: Re: Wednesday May 25 episode (not really a SNUK as well)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 08:45:13 +0100
 by: kat - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 07:45 UTC

On 01/06/2022 00:02, Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:
> No plot spoilers, just a couple of other comments.
>
> First, the concrete that Phill had placed (pedantic people will tell
> you that concrete is placed, not poured!) seemed rather odd to me.
>
> I have mixed and placed more than my share of concrete for someone not
> in the trades, including some deck and fence work last summer that had
> me mixing about 90 (30 kg) bags, and I have never seen concrete that
> is as dark in colour as what he had.
>
> As for the consistency of it, it looked more like soup than concrete
> and would have had a very high slump rating (slump is determined by
> putting some in a small cone to its height, removing the cone, and
> measuring the resulting height as the small pile of concrete
> "slumps" and subtracting the new height from the original height;
> a very wet mixture would slump to a great degree).

I know little about it other than I thought it looked a bit runny.

> Seemed weird to me, but I suspect that the colour and the consistency
> was to help with the outcome of the scene that I'm not spoiling!

I suspect that to be the case though, it could have been a problem otherwise. ;-)

> The other thing that I caught was Steve's "Little Britian" reference
> when speaking to Ed about the roof tiles: "You're not the only
> roofer in the village!"

I love it when you get these little references. It is after all the way we all
talk, so, makes them more real.

--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Wednesday May 25 episode (not really a SNUK as well)

<jgpkr8Fhdr3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1410&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1410

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 21:26:15 +0100
 by: kat - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 20:26 UTC

On 01/06/2022 08:45, kat wrote:
> On 01/06/2022 00:02, Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:

>> The other thing that I caught was Steve's "Little Britian" reference
>> when speaking to Ed about the roof tiles: "You're not the only
>> roofer in the village!"
>>
> I love it when you get these little references.  It is after all the way we all
> talk, so, makes them more real.

And tonight, when Evelyn said " he said he's got an 'ology" she was clearly
remembering her old self as Beattie in the BT ads!
--
kat
>^..^<

Re: Wednesday May 25 episode (not really a SNUK as well)

<jgrkrbFr0vnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1411&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1411

From: g.da...@btinternet.com (GordonD)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 15:38:34 +0100
 by: GordonD - Tue, 14 Jun 2022 14:38 UTC

On 13/06/2022 21:26, kat wrote:
> On 01/06/2022 08:45, kat wrote:
>> On 01/06/2022 00:02, Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:
>

>>> The other thing that I caught was Steve's "Little Britian" reference
>>> when speaking to Ed about the roof tiles: "You're not the only
>>> roofer in the village!"
>>>
>> I love it when you get these little references.  It is after all the
>> way we all talk, so, makes them more real.
>>

> And tonight, when Evelyn said " he said he's got an 'ology" she was
> clearly remembering her old self as Beattie in the BT ads!

You beat(tie) me to it!
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Wednesday May 25 episode (not really a SNUK as well)

<jgum1dF337dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1412&group=rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st#1412

From: littleli...@hotmail.com (kat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv.uk.coronation-st
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 19:17:17 +0100
 by: kat - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 18:17 UTC

On 14/06/2022 15:38, GordonD wrote:
> On 13/06/2022 21:26, kat wrote:

>>> I love it when you get these little references.  It is after all the way we
>>> all talk, so, makes them more real.
>>>

>> And tonight, when Evelyn said " he said he's got an 'ology" she was clearly
>> remembering her old self as Beattie in the BT ads!
>
> You beat(tie) me to it!

Sorry. :-)

--
kat