Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -- Jim Horning

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollarchromebook test
`* Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollarchromebook test
 `* Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollarchromebook test
  `- Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollarchromebook test

1
Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar

<15948591-c07e-4f9d-bd11-ba461510171cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=126124&group=rec.arts.tv#126124

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 07:46:51 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 15:46 UTC

On Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 8:24:17 PM UTC-4, thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN wrote:

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/ow9apW3NXBc/m/EGFhpe44CAAJ

> Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar
>

> ◙ Background:
>
> The basic framework was strikingly simple. The U.S. would buy oil from Saudi Arabia and provide the kingdom military aid and equipment. In return, the Saudis would plow billions of their petrodollar revenue back into Treasuries and finance America’s spending.
>
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-05-30/the-untold-story-behind-saudi-arabia-s-41-year-u-s-debt-secret
>

> ◙ 2017:
>
> Saudi Arabia wants to kill the petrodollar
> https://www.rt.com/business/410056-saudi-arabia-petrodollar-economist/
>

> ◙ 2018:
>
> Saudi report threatens Trump over #JamalKhashoggi
>
> 1. Install a Russian base
> 2. Take oil to $200
> 3. Kill the petro dollar
> 4. Stop buying US weapons
>
> US will "stab its own economy to death"
>
> https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1051583051321536513
> https://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2018/10/14/OPINION-US-sanctions-on-Riyadh-means-Washington-is-stabbing-itself.html

What is the Petrodollar and Why Does It Matter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNr1LWgIyiE

Flush With Cash, Saudi Prince Snubs Biden and Sends a Message
Matthew Martin and Javier Blas November 24, 2021
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-24/flush-with-cash-saudi-prince-snubs-biden-and-sends-a-message?sref=n5LiIHhd

President Joe Biden sounded deeply frustrated. Inflation was heading toward a 30-year high and Americans, rich and poor, could see the price of gasoline going up almost daily. Politically, oil was toxic for the White House.

"The idea that Russia and Saudi Arabia and other major producers are not going to pump more oil so people can have gasoline to get to and from work, for example, is not right," Biden said in late October.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/flush-with-cash-saudi-prince-snubs-biden-and-sends-a-message-2623074

First in private and later more publicly, American envoys had spent weeks trying to convince the Saudis to pump more crude -- and quickly, according to officials on both sides. The diplomatic pressure was ultimately directed at a 36-year-old man who has the capacity to change the price of oil -- and the fortune of politicians in consuming nations -- on a whim: Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

But the kingdom's day-to-day ruler didn't budge despite the overtures from American diplomats. Prince Mohammed was more worried about oil's supply and demand fundamentals than the political needs of Washington. But if Biden wanted cheaper gasoline, the prince had his own wish list, including something he hasn't yet got from the current White House -- access.

Since taking office, Biden has only spoken with King Salman, Prince Mohammed's father, and refused to deal directly with the crown prince, who's still seen as a pariah in the U.S. after the killing of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi in 2018.

"There's a lot of Middle Eastern folks who want to talk to me," Biden said in October, without directly naming Prince Mohammed. "I'm not sure I'm going to talk to them."

Ultimately, Biden didn't get the extra oil he wanted, forcing him to respond on Tuesday by tapping the country's strategic petroleum reserve -- a decision that risks a further escalation from the Saudi-led OPEC+ cartel.

For Prince Mohammed, sitting atop what's sometimes described as the central bank of oil, soaring crude prices are giving him the confidence to demand the attention of Biden, and everyone else.

--------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXc2HxVP-8c

Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar

<569dcc7b-f69f-4351-8e9a-54caa6dccb10n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=126131&group=rec.arts.tv#126131

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 08:45:53 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 16:45 UTC

On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 10:46:54 AM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> On Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 8:24:17 PM UTC-4, thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN wrote:

> https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/ow9apW3NXBc/m/EGFhpe44CAAJ

> > Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar
> >

> > ◙ Background:
> >
> > The basic framework was strikingly simple. The U.S. would buy oil from Saudi Arabia and provide the kingdom military aid and equipment. In return, the Saudis would plow billions of their petrodollar revenue back into Treasuries and finance America’s spending.
> >
> > https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-05-30/the-untold-story-behind-saudi-arabia-s-41-year-u-s-debt-secret
> >

> > ◙ 2017:
> >
> > Saudi Arabia wants to kill the petrodollar
> > https://www.rt.com/business/410056-saudi-arabia-petrodollar-economist/
> >

> > ◙ 2018:
> >
> > Saudi report threatens Trump over #JamalKhashoggi
> >
> > 1. Install a Russian base
> > 2. Take oil to $200
> > 3. Kill the petro dollar
> > 4. Stop buying US weapons
> >
> > US will "stab its own economy to death"
> >
> > https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1051583051321536513
> > https://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2018/10/14/OPINION-US-sanctions-on-Riyadh-means-Washington-is-stabbing-itself.html

Video unavailable
This video has been removed by the uploader

> What is the Petrodollar and Why Does It Matter
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNr1LWgIyiE

What is the Petrodollar and Why Does It Matter (archive.org)
https://web.archive.org/web/20180124004836/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNr1LWgIyiE

> Flush With Cash, Saudi Prince Snubs Biden and Sends a Message
> Matthew Martin and Javier Blas November 24, 2021
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-24/flush-with-cash-saudi-prince-snubs-biden-and-sends-a-message?sref=n5LiIHhd

Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar

<2f21742a-8542-4d42-b567-e11f365105b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=140929&group=rec.arts.tv#140929

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 09:08:41 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 17:08 UTC

On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 11:45:56 AM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 10:46:54 AM UTC-5, chromebook test wrote:
> > On Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 8:24:17 PM UTC-4, thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN wrote:
>

> > https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/ow9apW3NXBc/m/EGFhpe44CAAJ
>

> > > Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar
> > >

> > > ◙ Background:
> > >
> > > The basic framework was strikingly simple. The U.S. would buy oil from Saudi Arabia and provide the kingdom military aid and equipment. In return, the Saudis would plow billions of their petrodollar revenue back into Treasuries and finance America’s spending.
> > >
> > > https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-05-30/the-untold-story-behind-saudi-arabia-s-41-year-u-s-debt-secret
> > >

> > > ◙ 2017:
> > >
> > > Saudi Arabia wants to kill the petrodollar
> > > https://www.rt.com/business/410056-saudi-arabia-petrodollar-economist/
> > >

> > > ◙ 2018:
> > >
> > > Saudi report threatens Trump over #JamalKhashoggi
> > >
> > > 1. Install a Russian base
> > > 2. Take oil to $200
> > > 3. Kill the petro dollar
> > > 4. Stop buying US weapons
> > >
> > > US will "stab its own economy to death"
> > >
> > > https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1051583051321536513
> > > https://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2018/10/14/OPINION-US-sanctions-on-Riyadh-means-Washington-is-stabbing-itself.html
> Video unavailable

> This video has been removed by the uploader

> > What is the Petrodollar and Why Does It Matter
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNr1LWgIyiE

..
..
..
..

..
..
..
..
..

> What is the Petrodollar and Why Does It Matter (archive.org)
> https://web.archive.org/web/20180124004836/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNr1LWgIyiE

..
..
..
** bump **
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

> > Flush With Cash, Saudi Prince Snubs Biden and Sends a Message
> > Matthew Martin and Javier Blas November 24, 2021
> > https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-11-24/flush-with-cash-saudi-prince-snubs-biden-and-sends-a-message?sref=n5LiIHhd

Re: Saudi Arabia and the US petro-dollar

<e4f8c504-bb4a-4ce0-a495-d2971adef200n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141252&group=rec.arts.tv#141252

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 16:18:09 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 00:18 UTC

> > > On Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 8:24:17 PM UTC-4, thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN wrote:

> > > https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/ow9apW3NXBc/m/EGFhpe44CAAJ

> > What is the Petrodollar and Why Does It Matter (archive.org)
> > https://web.archive.org/web/20180124004836/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNr1LWgIyiE

*** bump ***