Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: March 4-11 - Robin’s TV news
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 20:43:27 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 03:43 UTC

TV news: March 4-11

‘The Baby-Sitters Club’ Canceled By Netflix After 2 Seasons (March 11)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/the-baby-sitters-club-canceled-netflix-2-seasons-1234975940/

‘Walker: Independence’: Lawrence Kao Joins CW Prequel Pilot (March 11)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/walker-independence-lawrence-kao-cw-pilot-1234976312/

Anna Wood & Oluniké Adeliyi Among Four Cast In NBC Drama Pilot ‘Unbroken’
From Shaun Cassidy (March 11)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/anna-wood-olunike-adeliyi-cast-nbc-drama-pilot-unbroken-shaun-cassidy-1234976204/

Geena Davis To Star In CBS’ Mother & Son Legal Drama Pilot (March 11)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/geena-davis-star-in-untitled-cbs-legal-drama-pilot-scott-prendergast-write-ep-1234976238/

Hulu Adds Unlimited DVR At No Extra Cost For Live TV Subscribers (March 11)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/hulu-adds-unlimited-dvr-live-tv-bundle-disney-streaming-1234976068/

‘Grey’s, ‘Law & Order: SVU’ & More Continue Thursday Demo Stalemate; ‘B
Positive’ Steady With Season 2 Finale (March 11)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/thursday-ratings-greys-svu-demo-stalemate-b-positive-steady-s2-finale-1234975409/

‘L.A. Law’: Jill Eikenberry To Guest Star In ABC Revival Pilot, Reprising
Her Ann Kelsey Role (March 11)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/l-a-law-jill-eikenberry-guest-star-abc-revival-pilot-reprising-ann-kelsey-role-1234976032/

CNN Sets March 29 For Launch Of Streaming Service (March 11)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/cnn-plus-launch-march-29-1234976017/

Emilio Delgado Dies: Longtime ‘Sesame Street’ Fix-It Shop Owner Luis Was 81
(March 10)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/emilio-delgado-dead-obituary-sesame-street-actor-luis-was-81-1234975700/

IMDb TV Orders ‘Western’ Period Comedy Pilot From Michelle Morgan & Lord
Miller (March 10)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/western-period-comedy-pilot-imdb-tv-michelle-morgan-lord-miller-1234975356/

‘Chicago Fire’ Wins Wednesday Rating & Viewers; ‘The Masked Singer’ Return
Ties With ‘Survivor’ Premiere (March 10)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/wednesday-ratings-chicago-fire-wins-the-masked-singer-survivor-tie-1234974529/

‘Domina’ Renewed For Season 2 By Epix (March 10)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/domina-renewed-season-2-epix-1234975256/

‘Night Court’: India de Beaufort Joins NBC Sequel In Recasting (March 10)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/night-court-india-de-beaufort-nbc-comedy-sequel-recasting-1234974933/

‘Better Call Saul’ Trailer: Jimmy McGill Makes Way For Saul Goodman In
Season 6 (March 10)

https://deadline.com/video/better-call-saul-trailer-se

ABC Greenlights ‘Who Do You Believe?’, True-Crime Unscripted Series With A
Twist From Lime Pictures (March 10)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/abc-who-do-you-believe-lime-pictures-1234974982/

‘The Informant’: HBO Max Unveils First Trailer From Hungarian Spy Drama
(March 10)

https://deadline.com/video/the-informant-hbo-max-unveils-first-trailer-hungarian-spy-drama/

‘Peaky Blinders’: Netflix Sets Season Six Premiere Date (March 10)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/peaky-blinders-netflix-season-six-release-date-1234975112/

‘Survivor’, ‘The Amazing Race’, ‘Tough As Nails’ & ‘Secret Celebrity
Renovation’ Renewed At CBS (March 9)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/survivor-the-amazing-race-tough-as-nails-secret-celebrity-renovation-renewed-at-cbs-1234974475/

HBO Max Orders ‘The Penguin’ Limited Series As ‘The Batman’ Clocks $301
Million+ At Global Box Office (March 9)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/hbo-max-orders-the-penguin-limited-series-as-the-batman-clocks-301m-at-ww-box-office-1234974516/

‘Power Book IV: Force’ Renewed For Season 2 By Starz (March 9)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/power-book-iv-force-renewed-season-2-starz-1234974459/

Conrad Janis Dies: ‘Mork & Mindy’, ‘The Cable Guy’ Actor Was 94 (March 9)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/conrad-janis-actor-dead-obituary-mork-mindy-cable-guy-94-1234974295/

‘Judge Jerry’ Canceled: Jerry Springer’s Court Show To End With Current
Third Season (March 9)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/judge-jerry-canceled-jerry-springer-court-show-end-third-season-1234974835/

Kat Foster & Felix Solis Join ‘The Rookie’ Spinoff, Will Appear In ABC’s
Two-Episode Backdoor Pilot (March 9)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/the-rookie-spinoff-kat-foster-felix-solis-backdoor-pilot-1234973984/

‘Quantum Leap’: Nanrisa Lee, Mason Alexander Park, Caitlin Bassett Join NBC
Reboot Pilot (March 9)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/quantum-leap-nanrisa-lee-mason-alexander-park-caitlin-bassett-nbc-reboot-pilot-1234974313/

‘The Bachelor’ Fantasy Suites & ‘FBI’ Dominate Tuesday; NBC Debuts ‘The
Thing About Pam’ (March 9)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/tuesday-ratings-the-bachelor-the-thing-about-pam-debuts-1234973593/

‘Outer Range’ Trailer: Josh Brolin Prays For Help From Above In Prime
Video’s Western Thriller (March 9)

https://deadline.com/video/outer-range-trailer-josh-brolin-prime-video-western-thriller/

‘Vikings: Valhalla’: Netflix Reveals Launch Pattern As Fantasy Epic Tops
Streamer’s Weekly Ratings (March 9)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/vikings-valhalla-netflix-launch-pattern-ratings-1234974103/

Mindy Kaling’s ‘Never Have I Ever’ Renewed For Fourth & Final Season At
Netflix (March 8)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/mindy-kaling-never-have-i-ever-renewed-fourth-final-season-netflix-1234973021/

‘Quantum Leap’: Ernie Hudson Joins NBC Reboot Pilot (March 8)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/quantum-leap-ernie-hudson-nbc-reboot-pilot-1234973289/

‘The Bachelor’ Ticks Up With Tell All, Wins Monday Demo; ‘NCIS’ Rises To
Top Audience (March 8)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/monday-ratings-the-bachelor-ticks-up-tell-all-wins-monday-demo-ncis-top-audience-1234972848/

Apple In Rights Deal With MLB For ‘Friday Night Baseball’ (March 8)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/apple-major-league-baseball-mlb-1234973557/

‘Career Opportunities In Murder & Mayhem’ Starring Mandy Patinkin & Violett
Beane Lands Hulu Series Order (March 8)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/career-opportunities-in-murder-and-mayhem-series-order-hulu-1234973220/

‘Cal Fire’: Diane Farr, Jordan Calloway Among Four Cast In CBS Pilot
(March 8)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/cal-fire-diane-farr-jordan-calloway-cast-cbs-pilot-max-thieriot-1234973475/

Giancarlo Esposito To Star In AMC Remake Of British Drama Series ‘The
Driver’ (March 8)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/giancarlo-esposito-amc-remake-of-british-drama-the-driver-1234973139/

Laurel Goodwin Dies: Elvis Presley Co-Star, Last Surviving Cast Member Of
‘Star Trek’ Pilot, Was 79 (March 7)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/laurel-goodwin-dead-actress-star-trek-pilot-girls-girls-girls-elvis-presley-was-79-1234972992/

‘DMZ’ Trailer: Rosario Dawson Fights For Survival In HBO Max Limited Series
(March 7)

https://deadline.com/video/dmz-trailer-rosario-dawson-hbo-max-limited-series/

‘American Idol’ & ‘60 Minutes’ Top Primetime; NBC Quiet With ‘The
Courtship’ & ‘Transplant’ Debuts (March 7)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/american-idol-60-minutes-top-primetime-nbc-quiet-with-the-courtship-transplant-debuts-1234971239/

Shondaland Drama Series ‘The Residence’ From Paul William Davies Ordered By
Netflix (March 7)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/shondaland-drama-series-the-residence-netflix-1234972675/

‘Grown-ish’ Renewed For Season 5 By Freeform (March 7)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/grown-ish-renewed-season-5-freeform-marcus-scribner-zakiyyah-alexander-courtney-lilly-co-showrun-1234972673/

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!

‘Gotham Knights’: Fallon Smythe & Tyler DiChiara Join CW Pilot (March 7)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/gotham-knights-fallon-smythe-tyler-dichiara-cw-pilot-dc-universe-1234972728/

‘The Walking Dead’: Lauren Cohan & Jeffrey Dean Morgan To Star In Spinoff
Series ‘Isle Of The Dead’ (March 7)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/the-walking-dead-lauren-cohan-jeffrey-dean-morgan-spinoff-series-1234972680/

‘Russian Doll’: Netflix Sets Season 2 Premiere (March 7)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/russian-doll-netflix-season-2-premiere-1234971529/

Ariel Winter To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Hungry’, Replacing Demi Lovato
(March 6)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/ariel-winter-star-hungry-nbc-comedy-pilot-hungry-demi-lovato-replacement-1234971555/

Friday Ratings: Ronda Rousey’s Return Leads Fox’s ‘WWE Friday Night
SmackDown’ To Win (March 5)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/friday-ratings-ronda-rousey-wwe-friday_night-smackdown-wins-demo-wars-1234971942/

John Stahl Dies: ‘Game Of Thrones’ And Theater Actor Was 68 (March 5)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/john-stahl-dies-game-of-thrones-actor-richard-karstark-1234971681/

Johnny Brown Dies: ‘Good Times’, ‘Laugh-In’ & Broadway Actor, Musician Was
84 (March 4)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/john-brown-dead-good-times-actor-obituary-was-84-1234971664/

Re: March 4-11 - Robin’s TV news

<t0iive$pvo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141525&group=rec.arts.tv#141525

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_March_4-11_-_Robin’s_TV_news
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 08:49:50 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:49 UTC

On 2022-03-12 03:43:27 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> TV news: March 4-11
>

> ‘The Baby-Sitters Club’ Canceled By Netflix After 2 Seasons (March 11)

Some people (on Reddit) spoke positively about this, but it seemed way
too "woke" for me.

> Anna Wood & Oluniké Adeliyi Among Four Cast In NBC Drama Pilot ‘Unbroken’
> From Shaun Cassidy (March 11)

Oh, Anna Wood is still around?... Too bad this pilot sounds of no
interest to me.

> Hulu Adds Unlimited DVR At No Extra Cost For Live TV Subscribers (March 11)

Yay?...

> CNN Sets March 29 For Launch Of Streaming Service (March 11)

Which nobody wants!!

> ‘Domina’ Renewed For Season 2 By Epix (March 10)

NOBODY gets Epix!!

> ‘Night Court’: India de Beaufort Joins NBC Sequel In Recasting (March 10)

Yeah, I like her more than the person she recast. I'm probably more
interested in this now...

> HBO Max Orders ‘The Penguin’ Limited Series As ‘The Batman’ Clocks $301
> Million+ At Global Box Office (March 9)

[sigh...]

> ‘Power Book IV: Force’ Renewed For Season 2 By Starz (March 9)

NOBODY gets Starz!!

> ‘Judge Jerry’ Canceled: Jerry Springer’s Court Show To End With Current
> Third Season (March 9)

May he never be on TV again!!

> Kat Foster & Felix Solis Join ‘The Rookie’ Spinoff, Will Appear In ABC’s
> Two-Episode Backdoor Pilot (March 9)

Oh, gawd, no...

> ‘Quantum Leap’: Nanrisa Lee, Mason Alexander Park, Caitlin Bassett Join NBC
> Reboot Pilot (March 9)

The casting is making this even *less* likely that I would bother to
sample it!...

> ‘Vikings: Valhalla’: Netflix Reveals Launch Pattern As Fantasy Epic Tops
> Streamer’s Weekly Ratings (March 9)

I still have never finished the last season of the original...

> Apple In Rights Deal With MLB For ‘Friday Night Baseball’ (March 8)

Yay?...

> ‘Career Opportunities In Murder & Mayhem’ Starring Mandy Patinkin & Violett
> Beane Lands Hulu Series Order (March 8)

I like Beane, so, maybe?...

> ‘Cal Fire’: Diane Farr, Jordan Calloway Among Four Cast In CBS Pilot
> (March 8)

The casting isn't sucking...

> ‘Grown-ish’ Renewed For Season 5 By Freeform (March 7)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/03/grown-ish-renewed-season-5-freeform-marcus-scribner-zakiyyah-alexander-courtney-lilly-co-showrun-1234972673/
>

> SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!

Wait, what?! I thought the current season had already been confirmed to
be the last one!

> ‘Gotham Knights’: Fallon Smythe & Tyler DiChiara Join CW Pilot (March 7)

As I said, it's the later casting of Olivia Rose Keegan that really has
me interested...

> Ariel Winter To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Hungry’, Replacing Demi Lovato
> (March 6)

That can only be considered an "upgrade"...