The second best policy is dishonesty.

arts / rec.arts.tv / March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for the week

SubjectAuthor
* March 12-18 Robin’s Selectedanim8rfsk
+- Re: March 12-18 Robin’s Selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for the weekIan J. Ball
|`- Re: March 12-18 Robin’s Selectedanim8rfsk
`* Re: March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for tEd Stasiak
 +- Re: March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for tEd Stasiak
 `- Re: March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for the weekBTR1701

1
March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<348161738.668764334.206898.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141458&group=rec.arts.tv#141458

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: March 12-18 Robin’s Selected
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 00:53:48 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 07:53 UTC

March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for the week

Saturday, March 12

Cruel Instruction (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Inspired by actual events. The story of 16-year-old Kayla Adams (Kelcey
Mawema) whose mother, Karen (Cynthia Bailey) is advised by the school’s
counselor to send Kayla to get treatment at a youth residential treatment
center after she gets expelled from school. Kayla arrives at the Utah
facility on the same day as her roommate Amanda (Morgan Taylor Campbell), a
treatment program veteran who knows exactly what the girls were in for. Led
by headmistress Miss Connie (Camryn Manheim), the staff uses draconian
methods including force-feeding medications, arbitrary punishments,
solitary confinement, verbal and physical abuse to keep the students in
line. After being pushed to their limits and stripped of their lifelines,
including any ability to freely communicate with the outside world, the two
young women must band together to survive and fight to expose the abuse
before it’s too late.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/cruel-instruction

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17621226/

https://www.blackfilm.com/read/2022/03/cynthia-bailey-talks-lifetimes-cruel-instruction/

https://deadline.com/2022/02/camryn-manheim-movie-cruel-instruction-lifetime-1234924697/

Feeling Butterflies (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Emily's booming butterfly business delivers monarchs to a birthday party
where she meets single dad, Garrett. With the help of Garrett and his
daughter, Emily's business begins to take flight. Starring Kayla Wallace
and Kevin McGarry.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/feeling-butterflies

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18313970/

Sunday, March 13

A Honeymoon to Remember (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

When a devastated Ava’s fiancé leaves her at the altar, she’s determined to
enjoy her honeymoon without him. Time away in a beautiful setting helps her
figure out what she truly wants from a partner, but when her fiancé shows
up unannounced, she’s more confused than ever… Can Ava forgive the man who
broke her heart? Stars Rebecca Dalton and Edward Ruttle.

https://uptv.com/movies/a-honeymoon-to-remember/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13357264/ [originally "Under a Lover's
Moon"]

2022 Critics Choice Awards (Live event) (7-10 pm, CW/TBS)

Rescheduled from January. Taye Diggs and Nicole Byer host.

Cheating for Your Life (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

When star student Kaley gets suspicious of a group of underachievers’ high
SAT scores, she unwittingly uncovers a cheating ring and puts her life in
jeopardy. Stars Heather McComb and Francesca Xuereb.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/cheating-for-your-life

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14939384/ [as "Dangerous Cheaters"]

Weakest Link (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, NBC)

The Presence of Love (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)

Adjunct professor Joss travels to England to visit the farm where her late
mother grew up and bonds with single-father, Daniel, whose family now runs
it. Stars Eloise Mumford and Julian Morris.

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/the-presence-of-love/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16368004/ [as "Presence of Love"]

Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain (documentary) (9
pm, CNN)

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2022/02/16/roadrunner-a-film-about-anthony-bourdain-to-premiere-sunday-march-6-at-9pm-eastern-on-cnn/

Game Theory With Bomani Jones [new] (11:30 pm, HBO)

Emmy-winning sports journalist and commentator Bomani Jones discusses
timely issues that transcend the world of sports. New episodes will debut
each Sunday for six weeks on HBO and will be available to stream on HBO Max

https://www.hbo.com/game-theory-with-bomani-jones

Monday, March 14

The Paradise [Paratiisi] [new to US; complete miniseries] (3:01
am, Acorn TV)

Two murders shake the Finnish community of Fuengirola, a community that
made this tiny corner of Malaga on the shores of the Mediterranean their
own little Finnish paradise. Hikka Mäntymäki (Riitta Havukainen), a 60
year-old veteran crime detective, travels from Oulu, Finland to help the
local police on a case that will soon claim new victims in an ever-twisting
and evolving brutal series of crimes. However, as Hikka discovers, escaping
the cold and the dark is much easier than leaving your own past behind.
Eight episodes, 2020, Finnish/Spanish w/English subtitles.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9100346/

America's Got Talent: Extreme (season 1 finale) (8-10 pm, NBC)

The Cleaning Lady (season 1 finale) (9 pm, Fox)

Secrets of the Chippendales Murders [new; documentary miniseries]
(10 pm, A&E)

A&E Network unveils the shocking story behind the Chippendales empire in
new 4-part documentary event “Secrets of the Chippendales Murders” which
gives a look beyond the bright lights into a dark world of drugs, arson, a
love triangle and a murder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlL9u2TGIQI

Tuesday, March 15

Streaming:

Catherine Cohen: The Twist? She's Gorgeous (comedy special)
(3:01 am, Netflix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_qJVOJ_5Gw

Marilyn's Eyes [Marilyn ha gli occhi neri] (movie) (3:01
am, Netflix)

Food brings together a creative pair at a psychiatric hospital. As they
turn a fictional restaurant into reality, they must find a recipe for
healing. Italian film; previously announced for Jan. 27.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81521943

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13313408/

Veleno: The Town of Lost Children [new to US?; documentary miniseries]
(3:01 am, Sundance Now)

In 1997 a peaceful provincial community is disrupted by a number of cases
of pedophilia and satanism. The investigation leads to the discovery of an
alleged sect led by a priest in the area. 16 children are removed from
their families forever. 14 people, including parents and relatives, are
imprisoned. 20 years later a journalistic investigation sheds doubt on the
entire case. Five episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14497932/ [as "Veleno"]

Broadcast and cable:

The Bachelor (season 26 finale; special night) (8-10 pm,
ABC)

Young Rock (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, NBC)

Mr. Mayor (season 2 premiere) (8:30 pm, NBC)

Phoenix Rising [new; documentary miniseries] (9 pm, HBO)

Divided in two parts (with part 2 also streaming today on HBO Max but
airing tomorrow at 9 pm on HBO), Amy Berg's documentary follows actress
Evan Rachel Wood's recent efforts as an activist pushing for an extension
of the statute of limitations for domestic violence cases, driven by Wood's
own experiences as a survivor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJz2zwVogHM

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/phoenix-rising

Wednesday, March 16

Streaming:

Bad Vegan: Fame. Fraud. Fugitives. [new; documentary miniseries]
(3:01 am, Netflix)

A scandalous four-part documentary series that uncovers how Sarma
Melngailis, the celebrity restaurateur behind the New York hotspot Pure
Food and Wine, went from being the queen of vegan cuisine to the
tabloid-touted “Vegan Fugitive” when she falls for a man who promises to
make her dreams come true. Millions of dollars, immortal dogs, meat suits,
and secrets lead to a twisted tale of love turned criminal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nTf7iViYUI

https://www.netflix.com/title/81470938

Hei$t: The Great Robbery of Brazil's Central Bank [new; documentary
miniseries] (3:01 am, Netflix)

In 2005, thieves tunnel into a Fortaleza, Brazil, bank vault and steal over
160 million reais. This docuseries explores that spectacular, historic
heist. Three episodes; Brazilian series.

Pedal to Metal [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

After a race they drive in ends fatally, friends Kike and Noche flee to
Mexico City to hide, rebuild their lives and escape danger ... or at least
try. Mexican series.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80220458

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18568732/

Broadcast and cable:

Miss World 2021 (live event) (8-11 pm, Reelz)

South Park (season 25 finale) (8 pm, Comedy Central)

Beyond the Edge [new] (9 pm, CBS)

Lauren Alaina, Ray Lewis, Craig Morgan, Metta World Peace, Paulina
Porizkova, Mike Singletary, Jodie Sweetin, Colton Underwood, and Eboni K.
Williams must work together to survive in the Panamanian jungle for two
weeks to earn money for their charity in this reality series hosted by
Mauro Ranallo.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/beyond-the-edge/

Resident Alien (season 2 spring finale) (9 pm, Syfy)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<1808876138.668764899.965555.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141462&group=rec.arts.tv#141462

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: March 12-18 Robin’s Selected
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 01:24:20 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 08:24 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for the week
>

> Saturday, March 12

> Sunday, March 13

> Monday, March 14

> Tuesday, March 15
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:

> Wednesday, March 16
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Beyond the Edge [new] (9 pm, CBS)
>
> Lauren Alaina, Ray Lewis, Craig Morgan, Metta World Peace, Paulina
> Porizkova, Mike Singletary, Jodie Sweetin, Colton Underwood, and Eboni K.
> Williams must work together to survive in the Panamanian jungle for two
> weeks to earn money for their charity in this reality series hosted by
> Mauro Ranallo.

Wow, I thought I wasn’t gonna have anything to say this week.

I keep seeing ads for this although I don’t know where since I barely watch
CBS, must be on the Tubi. They keep talking about celebrities and I don’t
recognize anybody. Well here I finally get to see a list of names and… Yeah
there’s two people I’ve heard of and I think it would be stretching it
seriously to call any of them “celebrities”

> Thursday, March 17
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:

> Friday, March 18
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> (end)

Re: March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<t0ik4c$49b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141528&group=rec.arts.tv#141528

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_March_12-18_Robin’s_Selected_programming_for_the_week
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 09:09:32 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 17:09 UTC

On 2022-03-12 07:53:48 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for the week
>

> Saturday, March 12
>

> Cruel Instruction (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Inspired by actual events. The story of 16-year-old Kayla Adams (Kelcey
> Mawema) whose mother, Karen (Cynthia Bailey) is advised by the school’s
> counselor to send Kayla to get treatment at a youth residential treatment
> center after she gets expelled from school. Kayla arrives at the Utah
> facility on the same day as her roommate Amanda (Morgan Taylor Campbell), a
> treatment program veteran who knows exactly what the girls were in for. Led
> by headmistress Miss Connie (Camryn Manheim), the staff uses draconian
> methods including force-feeding medications, arbitrary punishments,
> solitary confinement, verbal and physical abuse to keep the students in
> line. After being pushed to their limits and stripped of their lifelines,
> including any ability to freely communicate with the outside world, the two
> young women must band together to survive and fight to expose the abuse
> before it’s too late.

Yes, though I'm watching this almost entirely for my fave, Morgan
Taylor Campbell...

> Feeling Butterflies (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Emily's booming butterfly business delivers monarchs to a birthday party
> where she meets single dad, Garrett. With the help of Garrett and his
> daughter, Emily's business begins to take flight. Starring Kayla Wallace
> and Kevin McGarry.

Huh... I like Kayla Wallace, but not enough to record a Hallmark
flick... Maybe I'll try to catch this during the commericals.

> Sunday, March 13
>

> A Honeymoon to Remember (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> When a devastated Ava’s fiancé leaves her at the altar, she’s determined to
> enjoy her honeymoon without him. Time away in a beautiful setting helps her
> figure out what she truly wants from a partner, but when her fiancé shows
> up unannounced, she’s more confused than ever… Can Ava forgive the man who
> broke her heart? Stars Rebecca Dalton and Edward Ruttle.

Rebecca Dalton is a cutie, but I don't think she's enough to get me to
watch UP!!

> Cheating for Your Life (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When star student Kaley gets suspicious of a group of underachievers’ high
> SAT scores, she unwittingly uncovers a cheating ring and puts her life in
> jeopardy. Stars Heather McComb and Francesca Xuereb.

I will probably try to check this out, but I likely won't be able to
finish it...

> The Presence of Love (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>
> Adjunct professor Joss travels to England to visit the farm where her late
> mother grew up and bonds with single-father, Daniel, whose family now runs
> it. Stars Eloise Mumford and Julian Morris.

After not being on TV much for 3-4 years, Mumford is suddenly all over
the place. I wonder if she took some time off to have a baby, or
something...

> Monday, March 14
>

> The Cleaning Lady (season 1 finale) (9 pm, Fox)

Back before streaming, this is likely a TV show I would have at least
sampled. But, in the current TV universe? I never found the time...

> Tuesday, March 15
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Phoenix Rising [new; documentary miniseries] (9 pm, HBO)
>
> Divided in two parts (with part 2 also streaming today on HBO Max but
> airing tomorrow at 9 pm on HBO), Amy Berg's documentary follows actress
> Evan Rachel Wood's recent efforts as an activist pushing for an extension
> of the statute of limitations for domestic violence cases, driven by Wood's
> own experiences as a survivor.

I'm somewhat interested in this, but probably not enough to actually
watch it...

> Thursday, March 17
>

> Streaming:
>

> Rescued by Ruby (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> State trooper Dan (Grant Gustin) dreams of joining the K-9 Search & Rescue
> team, but no one will give him the chance. Shelter dog Ruby dreams of
> having a home, but is running out of hope. When fate brings Dan and Ruby
> together, it’s their unshakable bond that helps them face their toughest
> challenge yet. Based on a true story.

Say WHAT??!!

> DMZ [new; miniseries] (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> A four-part series based on the DC comics, DMZ is a dystopian drama set in
> a near future when America is experiencing a second civil war that leaves
> Manhattan destroyed and isolated from the rest of the world. Rosario Dawson
> stars as a medic who searches for her son, who has gone missing during the
> conflict, while Benjamin Bratt plays the leader of one of the Manhattan
> DMZ's most powerful gangs. Hoon Lee, Freddy Miyares, and Jordan Preston
> Carter also star in the Ava DuVernay-produced series, which is written in
> its entirety by Roberto Patino (Sons of Anarchy) and finds DuVernay and
> Ernest Dickerson splitting directing duties.

Probably not, but you never know...

> Minx [new] (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> HBO Max's newest original comedy series is set in 1970s Los Angeles, where
> a young feminist (Ophelia Lovibond)

It's THE LADY!!!

> and a low-rent publisher (Jake Johnson)
> team to launch the first erotic magazine for women. The terrific ensemble
> also includes Jessica Lowe, Oscar Montoya, Lennon Parham,, Michael
> Angarano, and Idara Victor, with Gillian Jacobs, Amy Landecker, Hope Davis,
> Alicia Hannah-Kim, Rich Sommer, and Stephen Tobolowsky in recurring roles.
> Two new 30-minute episodes will stream each Thursday for five weeks.

Probably not my thing... Maybe someone else around here will report on this?..

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> A Gift of Murder (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> When a high school junior is forced to transfer to a new school after her
> mom is admitted to rehab, she quickly rubs the reigning mean girl the wrong
> way. The teen’s aunt and uncle offer to throw a sweet sixteen party to help
> her adjust, but the jealous queen bee will stop at nothing to destroy her
> plans, including murder. The teen’s mom must redeem herself and help save
> the party, but more importantly her relationship with her daughter. Bailey
> Bass, Heather McComb, Kate Orsini star. (2022)

Sounds like a plan!! ;p

> Welcome to Flatch [new] (9:30 pm, Fox)
>
> Fox's new single-camera comedy follows a documentary crew as they attempt
> to document life for young adults in a small midwestern town. It's loosely
> adapted from the BAFTA-winning British mockumentary series This Country,
> which ran for three seasons on BBC3. The cast is led by Seann William
> Scott, Aya Cash, Sam Straley, and Taylor Ortega, plus newcomers Chelsea
> Holmes and Krystal Smith. In an unusual (for Fox) move, the first seven
> episodes of the series will be made available to stream today on Hulu, Fox
> Now, and VOD.

That's a pretty good cast.

> Single Drunk Female (season 1 finale) (10:30 pm, Freeform)

Planning to get back to making my way through this in the coming week...

> Friday, March 18
>

> Streaming:
>

> WeCrashed [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> Miniseries about the one-time high-flying office rental startup WeWork and
> the rapid fall from grace of its founder, Adam Neumann, played by an
> Israeli-accented Jared Leto. Anne Hathaway (as Neumann's wife and WeWork
> cofounder Rebekah Neumann), O-T Fagbenle, America Ferrera, and Kyle Marvin
> also star in the series, which is adapted from the Wondery podcast of the
> same name by Lee Eisenberg and Drew Crevello and directed by the team of
> John Requa and Glenn Ficarra (I Love You Phillip Morris). Three episodes
> stream today followed by single-episode installments over the following
> five Fridays.

There's not enough for me here...

> Deep Water (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Originally planned as a theatrical release in 2020 but now a streaming
> exclusive, the first film in two decades from director Adrian Lyne (Fatal
> Attraction) is a psychological thriller based on Patricia Highsmith's 1957
> novel. Ben Affleck, Ana de Armas, and Tracy Letts star.

If there's the ubiquotous de Armas naked nudity, count me in!!

> Windfall (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Jason Segel, Jesse Plemons, Lily Collins, and Omar Leyva star in a thriller
> (co-written by Segel) about a break-in at a tech mogul's empty vacation
> home that goes awry when the home turns out to be not as empty as expected.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<1485525771.668808833.857669.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141555&group=rec.arts.tv#141555

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming for the week
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:34:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 20:34 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Divided in two parts (with part 2 also streaming today on HBO Max but
>> airing tomorrow at 9 pm on HBO), Amy Berg's documentary follows actress
>> Evan Rachel Wood's recent efforts as an activist pushing for an extension
>> of the statute of limitations for domestic violence cases, driven by Wood's
>> own experiences as a survivor.
>
> I'm somewhat interested in this, but probably not enough to actually
> watch it...
>

>> Thursday, March 17
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> Rescued by Ruby (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> State trooper Dan (Grant Gustin) dreams of joining the K-9 Search & Rescue
>> team, but no one will give him the chance. Shelter dog Ruby dreams of
>> having a home, but is running out of hope. When fate brings Dan and Ruby
>> together, it’s their unshakable bond that helps them face their toughest

https://dogwinks.com/netflix-movie/

Director: Katt Shea (Poison Ivy, Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase)
Screenplay by: Karen Janszen (A Walk to Remember, Dolphin Tale)
Based on the short stories “Ruby: A Godwink Dogwink” and “Dogwink Ruby” by
Squire Rushnell & Louise DuArt.

>> DMZ [new; miniseries] (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>>
>> A four-part series based on the DC comics, DMZ is a dystopian drama set in
>> a near future when America is experiencing a second civil war that leaves
>> Manhattan destroyed and isolated from the rest of the world. Rosario Dawson
>> stars as a medic who searches for her son, who has gone missing during the
>> conflict, while Benjamin Bratt plays the leader of one of the Manhattan
>> DMZ's most powerful gangs. Hoon Lee, Freddy Miyares, and Jordan Preston
>> Carter also star in the Ava DuVernay-produced series, which is written in
>> its entirety by Roberto Patino (Sons of Anarchy) and finds DuVernay and
>> Ernest Dickerson splitting directing duties.
>
> Probably not, but you never know...
>
>> Minx [new] (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>>
>> HBO Max's newest original comedy series is set in 1970s Los Angeles, where
>> a young feminist (Ophelia Lovibond)
>
> It's THE LADY!!!

Like I give a hoot.

> [...]
>> also star in the series, which is adapted from the Wondery podcast of the
>> same name by Lee Eisenberg and Drew Crevello and directed by the team of
>> John Requa and Glenn Ficarra (I Love You Phillip Morris). Three episodes
>> stream today followed by single-episode installments over the following
>> five Fridays.
>
> There's not enough for me here...
>
>> Deep Water (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>>
>> Originally planned as a theatrical release in 2020 but now a streaming
>> exclusive, the first film in two decades from director Adrian Lyne (Fatal
>> Attraction) is a psychological thriller based on Patricia Highsmith's 1957
>> novel. Ben Affleck, Ana de Armas, and Tracy Letts star.
>
> If there's the ubiquotous de Armas naked nudity, count me in!!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<81d18077-93ea-4bbf-9b22-7049f4bd7c59n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141589&group=rec.arts.tv#141589

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:19:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_March_12-18_Robin’s_Selected_programming_for_t
he_week
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 00:19 UTC

> anim8rfsk
>
> Wednesday, March 16
> Resident Alien (season 2 spring finale) (9 pm, Syfy)

I've only seen the first two episodes so far and I’ve been
disappointed, as it's no longer funny and even MORE time
is wasted on the supporting actress (among others) whose
storyline nobody gives a shit about.

Meanwhile, there are barely any interactions between the
Resident Alien and the kid, which were the funniest scenes
in S01.

> Friday, March 18
> The Newsreader [new to US; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> The Roku Channel)

I might check that out.

Re: March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<06482383-53cf-4729-9efb-e2dc3397cc87n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141590&group=rec.arts.tv#141590

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:51:41 -0800 (PST)
he_week
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 00:51 UTC

> Ed Stasiak
> > anim8rfsk
> >
> > Friday, March 18
> > The Newsreader [new to US; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> > The Roku Channel)
>
> I might check that out.

Just wanted to add that this was broadcast in Aug.2021
and all the episodes are available on torrents.

Also, “Spider-Man No Way Home” just dropped.

Re: March 12-18 Robin’s Selected programming for the week

<OPWdnb70-aPg3LD_nZ2dnUU7-c2dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141591&group=rec.arts.tv#141591

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 18:57:33 -0600
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 13 Mar 2022 00:57 UTC

On Mar 12, 2022 at 4:19:44 PM PST, "Ed Stasiak" <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> anim8rfsk
>>
>> Wednesday, March 16
>> Resident Alien (season 2 spring finale) (9 pm, Syfy)
>
> I've only seen the first two episodes so far and I’ve been
> disappointed, as it's no longer funny and even MORE time
> is wasted on the supporting actress (among others) whose
> storyline nobody gives a shit about.
>
> Meanwhile, there are barely any interactions between the
> Resident Alien and the kid, which were the funniest scenes
> in S01.

I get the impression they're writing around the kid for some reason (school?
Wuhan Flu?) because he's been missing in action for most of this season. Other
characters still talk about him but you never see him.