From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Bernie Sanders (2022-02-15)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 06:58:48 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 06:58 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> writes:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2022 12:16:26 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
> wrote:

>> On 2/28/2022 10:57 AM, chromebook test wrote:

>>> Bernie Sanders's Smart Take on NATO, Ukraine, and Diplomatic Options
>>> 'A simplistic refusal to recognize the complex roots of the tensions
>>> in the region undermines the ability of negotiators to reach a
>>> peaceful resolution,' said the Vermont senator.
>>> John Nichols FEBRUARY 15, 2022
>>> https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/bernie-sanders-ukraine/

>>> [snip]

>>> Yet Sanders also steadily warned against abandoning hope for a
>>> diplomatic solution. He argued that, as part of a necessary focus on
>>> diplomacy, US officials must recognize the role that Russian fears
>>> about NATO expansion play in the crisis. This recognition could yet
>>> play a critical role in dialing down tensions and averting war.

>>> [snip]

>> A short enough read that any opinion here should be informed by it.
>
> I agree.

I do not. That Russian talking point ignores some history.

"NATO, PUTIN, AND UKRAINE"

<https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2022/03/nato-putin-and-ukraine>

"Yes, Putin hates the idea of Ukraine becoming a member-state of
NATO, but we need to ask why. The likeliest reason is not that
he fears a threat to Russian security, but rather that NATO
membership would establish Ukraine's existence as a separate
country free to make its own choices. Putin wants to make
Ukraine a vassal state to Russia. The 'vassal state'
motivation does a better job than the 'security fears'
motivation of explaining Putin's actual behavior over the past
two decades."

-Micky

Re: Bernie Sanders (2022-02-15)

<t0i20t$pj1$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141478&group=rec.arts.tv#141478

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 06:00:29 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 12:00 UTC

On 3/12/2022 12:58 AM, Micky DuPree wrote:
> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> writes:
>
>> On Mon, 28 Feb 2022 12:16:26 -0500, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
>> wrote:

>>> A short enough read that any opinion here should be informed by it.
>>
>> I agree.
>
> I do not. That Russian talking point ignores some history.
>
> "NATO, PUTIN, AND UKRAINE"
>
> <https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2022/03/nato-putin-and-ukraine>
>
> "Yes, Putin hates the idea of Ukraine becoming a member-state of
> NATO, but we need to ask why. The likeliest reason is not that
> he fears a threat to Russian security, but rather that NATO
> membership would establish Ukraine's existence as a separate
> country free to make its own choices. Putin wants to make
> Ukraine a vassal state to Russia. The 'vassal state'
> motivation does a better job than the 'security fears'
> motivation of explaining Putin's actual behavior over the past
> two decades."
>
> -Micky

Spot on. The GQP faithful won't get it.

Re: Bernie Sanders (2022-02-15)

<3672d6fa-7329-4f9a-9466-088d5b73f21en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141490&group=rec.arts.tv#141490

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 04:23:17 -0800 (PST)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 12:23 UTC

On Saturday, March 12, 2022 at 7:00:36 AM UTC-5, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 3/12/2022 12:58 AM, Micky DuPree wrote:
> > The Horny Goat <lcr...@home.ca> writes:

> > "Yes, Putin hates the idea of Ukraine becoming a member-state of
> > NATO, but we need to ask why. The likeliest reason is not that
> > he fears a threat to Russian security, but rather that NATO
> > membership would establish Ukraine's existence as a separate
> > country free to make its own choices. Putin wants to make
> > Ukraine a vassal state to Russia. The 'vassal state'
> > motivation does a better job than the 'security fears'
> > motivation of explaining Putin's actual behavior over the past
> > two decades."
> >
> > -Micky

> Spot on. The GQP faithful won't get it.

US officials can't diagnose the causes of terrorism, even when the perpetrator explains the motivations clearly, yet pundits become psychoanalyst when they, by their own admission, can't even get close to Putin.

Putin and the 9/11 hijackers have something in common, but it's not that, "They hate us for our freedoms"

Putin and the 9/11 attackers told America their reasons. Americans don't listen, they just blabber on and on.

9/11 hijackers:
https://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/books/review/intelligence-test.html

Putin:
https://www.mearsheimer.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Why-the-Ukraine-Crisis-Is.pdf

-------

KEEP BLABBERING ASSHOLES!

Re: Bernie Sanders (2022-02-15)

<t0i5so$f5g$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141493&group=rec.arts.tv#141493

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 07:06:32 -0600
 by: trotsky - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:06 UTC

On 3/12/2022 6:23 AM, chromebook test wrote:
> On Saturday, March 12, 2022 at 7:00:36 AM UTC-5, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> "Yes, Putin hates the idea of Ukraine becoming a member-state of
>>> NATO, but we need to ask why. The likeliest reason is not that
>>> he fears a threat to Russian security, but rather that NATO
>>> membership would establish Ukraine's existence as a separate
>>> country free to make its own choices. Putin wants to make
>>> Ukraine a vassal state to Russia. The 'vassal state'
>>> motivation does a better job than the 'security fears'
>>> motivation of explaining Putin's actual behavior over the past
>>> two decades."
>>>
>>> -Micky
>

>> Spot on. The GQP faithful won't get it.
>

> US officials can't diagnose the causes of terrorism,

Other than the fact that he won't shut up, does Bernie have any
connection to terrorism?