Keep your mouth shut and people will think you stupid; Open it and you remove all doubt.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: California Proposes Allowing Murder of Infants Up to One Week After Birth

SubjectAuthor
o Re: California Proposes Allowing Murder of Infants Up to One WeekmoviePig

1
Re: California Proposes Allowing Murder of Infants Up to One Week After Birth

<rBX3K.439289$SeK9.178820@fx97.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141683&group=rec.arts.tv#141683

Subject: Re: California Proposes Allowing Murder of Infants Up to One Week
After Birth
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 10:25:26 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 14:25 UTC

On 4/8/2022 3:52 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 6 April 2022 at 05:09:01 UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
>> The abortion debate has always hinged on 'when does life begin' and 'when does
>> a fetus become a person'. Well, no more. At least not in California. If this
>> proposed law passes-- and there's no reason to think it won't, Newsom has
>> already indicated he supports it-- those questions no longer matter. No one
>> can dispute that life has begun when a baby is born and it's absurd to say a
>> living, breathing baby "is just a clump of cells", yet Assembly Bill 2223
>> would amend the Health and Safety Code to supersede the general murder statute
>> and absolve anyone for killing a newborn child for up to a week after it's
>> born.
>>
>> SEC. 7. Section 123467 is added to the Health and Safety Code, to read:
>>
>> 123467. (a) Notwithstanding any other law, a person shall not be subject to
>> civil or criminal liability or penalty, or otherwise deprived of their rights,
>> based on their actions or omissions with respect to their pregnancy or actual,
>> potential, or alleged pregnancy outcome, including miscarriage, stillbirth, or
>> abortion, or perinatal death.
>>
>> 'Perinatal death' is defined in the medical community as death occurring up to
>> seven days after birth. So this law absolves anyone for their actions leading
>> to a baby's death for up to a week after it's born. Brought that baby you
>> didn't really want home from the hospital and realize it's too much to deal
>> with? Just smother it with a pillow or something and toss it in the bin. Gavin
>> Newsom supports your right to do it! In California now, you have to survive a
>> week after you're born before ol' Gavin and his diabolical cabal in the
>> legislature will recognize you as a person and allow the law to protect you
>> from being murdered.
>>
>> But wait, there's more!
>>
>> If a cop arrests you-- or even tries to stop you-- or a prosecutor charges you
>> for bashing in the skull of that annoying baby that kept you up all night
>> crying during this murder grace period, this law will give you the right to
>> sue that government official and cash in on it:
>>
>> SEC. 9. Section 123469 is added to the Health and Safety Code, to read:
>>
>> 123469. (a) A party aggrieved by conduct or regulation in violation of this
>> article may bring a civil action against an offending state actor in a federal
>> district court or state superior court.
>>
>> (b) Upon a motion, a court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees and costs,
>> including expert witness fees and other litigation expenses, to a plaintiff
>> who is a prevailing party in an action brought pursuant to this section.
>>

>> https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220AB2223
>>
>> Welcome to the Purge!
>>
>> Progress!

> [...]

You left out the cackling, and the after-party hors d'oeuvres...