From: arspitz...@gmail.com (Arthur Spitzer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.creative
Subject: LNH: Classic LNH Adventures #241: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade
that will Probably Never Have an Ending Part Seven
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 21:14:04 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: eagle@eyrie.org
d=1e100.net; s=20210112;
h=x-gm-message-state:path:newsgroups:date:injection-info
:nntp-posting-host:user-agent:mime-version:message-id:subject:from
:injection-date:to:content-transfer-encoding;
bh=F6svnUHn9v/vYPfy9Rp3ob9tljz+fZHSC68C6Xuy92E=;
b=vq66v6f5N6hdVA1L/ny5EWurGGkNXfRuskxpIzB5kBvLf+ej7/7DtgctWxFnHfAsTV
ptsqOyJmVYXNU/HhaTCwShqphVIxiPC783UOiBGsB/usq/guIf6ZY6YFlPm3Ynr2WNl0
hE4Gbh8r5fwu8ohk+rwuCsGXOUvWB20od9W1DAPB2kFIcypcKotJ2AtT/FItGERwYfQ1
IIl3zyarU4xX1XjI9CSso2/G5uytlwBg6dfB0Z5oGduCGXDsh75hby3tZAUAtcEkj+Zc
/9pctpi8v6dvWV2r9AGwsVDLFDbPA+fQEVBId2wmQmG8iMlAe4dIBVBgZuSTFCTXbUug
mPYQ==
 by: Arthur Spitzer - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 21:14 UTC

You can sift through the racc list archive
https://lists.eyrie.org/pipermail/racc/
or you can try google groups racc for this issue of JAMWCtwPNHaE.

Jeanne Morningstar gives us 'Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade That Will
Probably Never Have an Ending' chapter 11.5. And this one is also
Looniverse Y #14. Looniverse Y is the flagship title of the LNHY Imprint
-- an imprint I created back in 2004 as an LNH that had a lot less characters
and a lot more rules. Victoria Arden—Forsaken Lass finds herself in this
alternate Looniverse. Will the leader of this LNH, the filthy rich Pister
Y. Maprika III, be able to convince her that No-Duh Soda is a way better
soda than that Mr. Paprika rubbish?

Find out in...

_
| | Classic
| |__ | [] | | [] | | | | [] | | _ \

|____| \__] \__ | |_| \__/ |_|\_\
|_| OF NET.HEROES

ADVENTURES #241

====================

From: Adrian McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Date: Wed Mar 18 18:57:56 PDT 2015

Looniverse Y #14

"Why Ask Y?"

AKA Just Another Cascade # 11.5

Note: This takes place before Death of Trophy Wife.

Previously on LNHY: Pister Y. Maprika III, soda magnate, has taken over the
LNH, while young would-be-hero Kid Enthusiastic has gained leadership of
the net.villain team, the System Corrupters, determined to forge it into a
force for revolutionary change.

Previously on Just Another Cascade: classic-verse LNHer Victoria Arden, AKA
Forsaken Lass has been dumped on the world called T-Bone by one of the
narrative rifts formed by the LNH's lack of closure...

****

Victoria Arden walked into the LNH lobby. Something was wrong. She'd known
that from the first moment she arrived here. Everything was dingier and
darker and more unpleasant. The traffic outside was louder and everyone
honked their horns more. Inside the lobby, the paint, an ugly shade of
blue-green, was peeling off the walls, which were plastered with posters
for some drink called "No-Duh." ("No-Duh! It's a Soda!")

"Um, hello?" she yelled at the empty reception desk. "Where's the
receptionist?" She waited for a few moments, tapping her foot, and no one
came. "Please tell me this isn't another bad future," she muttered to
herself. Just when she was about to head around, an old man in a natty suit
that didn't quite fit him clattered into the room.

"OK, are you the receptionist?" said Victoria.

"Receptionist? Who needs one? I am Pister Y. Maprika III, leader of the
Legion of Net.Heroes! Have you come to join us?"

"I guess. I already have. I'm Victoria Arden—Forsaken Lass. I'm already a
part of the LNH. Well, my LNH. All the LNHes I've ever heard of take in
extradimensional refugees all the time." She crossed her arms.

"Hmmm." He looked her over careful. "Well, we've certainly never done
anything like that."

She sighed. As frustrating as this person was, he was probably just the
drama-creating obstacle character, the equivalent of Ultimate Ninja. The
reasonable one should be coming along any second now.

Another man walked into the room—tall, pleasant, and open-faced, looking a
bit like Chris Evans with a slight beer gut. He wore a costume so bright it
made her eyes hurt. A weirdly familiar costume. She realized where she'd
seen it before—it was a brighter version of the one that belonged to
Exclamation!Master!, one of Limp-Asparagus Lad's villains. Well, this was a
parallel universe.

"Can it be... Is she the one the New Member Detector was talking about?!!!"
he said.

"Well, why don't we ask it?" said Pister Y. Maprika III. He pulled out some
sort of wand thing from his pocket—it looked like the offspring of a
tricorder and a marital aid—and scanned her.

<:Nope, it's not her:> chirped the device. It had a grating, unpleasant
voice. <:The new member should be coming any minute, though.:>

That was when Victoria realized what was troubling her about this building.
"Wait a minute," she said. "Where is everybody?"

"What do you mean where is evyerbody?"

"The rest of the team. You're called the *Legion* of Net.Heroes, right?"

"Well, we've never had more than five people" said Pister Y. Maprika III.

"What kind of legion is that?"

"Only those chosen by the LNH New Member Detector are worthy of being
inducted into the LNH!!" said Exclamation!Master!

"Why are you listening to it?"

<:Because I"m the LNH New Member Detector:>, said the LNH New Member
Detector. <:Duh!:>

"I—" She narrowed her eyes and scrutinized Pister Y. Maprika III some more.
His tie was patterned with No-Duh logos. "What's 'No-Duh?'"

Pister Y. Maprika III's jaw dropped. "What's No-Duh! What's No-Duh? It's…
It's…" He grabbed the air as if trying to pull the prefect way to express
the concept down from the heavens. "It's a soda!"

"Never mind," said Victoria. She'd get things sorted out and get out of
this universe as soon as she could. "I was wondering if you had any super
scientist types who could help me get back home."

"Well," said Pister Y. Maprika III, "that depends. I have some of the
world's most brilliant scientists on my payroll. The question is whehter
you can afford that …service"

"What the hell?" said Victoria. "What kind of net.hero do you think you
are?"

"Well, in this economy, there are certain pressures…"

"Forget it. Forget it. I'm out of here!" she said, turning around in a
huff. "I'll see if I can find any REAL net.heroes in this city."

"Hold it!!!" said Exclamation Master. "maybe we could--" but she had left.

"Hello, everyone," said Trophy Wife, sashaying into the room, lifting an
enormous shopping bag stuffed with clothing. "Did I miss anything?"

"Not particularly, no," said Pister Y. Maprika III. Exclamation!Master! was
about to say something but Pister Y. Maprika III nudged him in the gut with
his elbow. "How was your day, dear?"

"Wonderful! I was just out shopping. You?"

"Oh, business as usual. I finalized the purchase of the planet Mars so I
could use its ice caps for bottled water. That's two planets I own now!"

"Er, what are you actually going to do with Neptune?!!" said
Exclamation!Master!

"It's… ah… an investment." He turned to Trophy Wife. "Oh, have you seen any
more of that demon clown they've been talking about?"

"I took care of that already, don't worry."

"What? But I wanted to—"

"Don't worry, dear, I'm sure something else will come up." She patted him
on the head. (She was twice as tall as him, and an inch or so taller than
Exclamation!Master!)

"Have you seen any sign of that new member yet?!!" said Exclamation Master.

"Not yet, I'll bet they're coming soon—"

Just then, a big, clunky, 50s-looking robot wearing a pink tutu and a
sparkly silver crown walked into the LNHQ lobby. "Hi!" she said. "Beep
boop. I'm Princess Robot and I'm here to join the Legion of Net.Heroes!"

<:That's her!:> said the LNH New Member Detector.

"Welcome to our noble band of heroes!!!! I am Exclamation!Master!!"

"And I'm Trophy Wife. It's good to have another girl around." She quickly
hugged the robot.

"Yay!" said Princess Robot.

"Er, are you sure of this," said Pister Y. Maprika III to the LNH New
Member Detector. "She's a bit… a bit…"

<:Look, it's her. Just let her in already and go back to bathing with your
caviar bath bomb.:>

"Who told you about that? I mean… Look, Miss Robot, I'd be happy to have
you on board, but… well, you have to consider the realities of business.
Superhero teams like ours are primarily marketed toward boys. You don't
appeal to, ah, male sensibilities in the same ways as Trophy Wife does. If
we allowed another woman on the team, it might be hard to sell the
merchandise…"

The robot made a buzzing noise, sad with perhaps a hint of anger, which
they eventually realized was crying.

"Are you really going to make that little girl robot cry?!!" said
Exclamation!Master, aghast.

"You really should let her on, dear," said Trophy Wife, sidling up to him.
"I mean, obviously, I know what women want. I loved superheroes growing up;
I bought every action figure I could afford. Come on. Let her join. I'll
make it worth your while." She winked ostentatiously and began rubbing his
shoulder.

Click here to read the complete article