From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-04-13 (Monday)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 10:25:21 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 17:25 UTC

On 4/14/2022 5:57 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-04-14 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Focused on grading, so just:
>
> soaps: DOOL - Stale episode. Only things of interest were them looking
> like they're going to write Sarah out again (I guess they brought Linsey
> Godfrey back just to give Sarah a more definitive write-out), and Gwen
> asking RedAbby(!) to be her maid of honor... and Abby saying "yes"!
>   GH - I hate it when they do this - they pulled a bait-and-switch in a
> scene where Spencer reveals to NuTrina that he's currently staying with
> Esme to try to prove that Esme was the one who set Trina up, but wait!
> PSYCH!! - It was just Spencer imagining how he wanted the scene to play
> out!! Instead, he continues to act like a jerk to Trina (to keep up with
> his plan to "sting" Esme!). Esme continues to "work" on Nikolas, and he
> gets Esme to admit something about her past (I really can't tell if
> Nikolas is playing her completely, or whether she's succeeding in
> seducing him...). And Sam snoops on Dante to try to get info on the case
> against Trina. Meanwhile Sonny sells the bar to Phyllis for $100, with
> Nina's encouragement.
>
> Moon Knight (Disney+) - "The Friendly Type" (ep. #3). This episode was
> decent - at least there was storyline development, and it was
> "action-y"... In Cairo, EVOL!!1! Arthur Harrow gets closer to raising
> Ammit, while Marc Spector, with Layla's help, tries to track down the
> location of Ammit's prison to stop Harrow. But Steven Grant keeps
> foiling Marc along the way. In the end, they get their location, but at
> the expense of Khonshu sacrificing himself for going too far, with the
> other Egyptian gods "imprisoning" Khonshu.
>   This is the episode that guest-starred Gaspard Ulliel, the French
> actor who died from a skiing accident back in January.

There is also a third personality in play that the original two weren't
aware of. This was probably their best episode yet. It is also my
understanding that within the MCU the Black Panther Gods and the
Egyptian Gods are linked. I was hoping to explicitly see a Black
Panther God at that meeting. Maybe there was one. One of the Avatars
spoke with what sounded like a Wakandan accent. But I wasn't sure.

I watched:

The Avengers (4K disc) The first movie from 2012. I did not originally
have plans to watch this, but I very recently upgraded a bunch of the
MCU movies to 4K (shocking, I didn't already own them all in 4K), and
figured I'd squeeze a couple in before Doctor Strange. Well, this held
up *great* and in 4K with Dolby Atmos it looked and sounded outstanding.
Now I'm going to have to revisit a lot more than a couple before I get
to Doctor Strange...

This Is Us - I caught up on the last two episodes the other day. I
really don't care much anymore. I'm just going through the motions
waiting for the finale.

Law & Order - "Free Speech" - I also caught this the other day. There
is already a separate thread discussing how ridiculous it is that the DA
can introduce a new piece of video evidence in the middle of trial
without letting the other side see it first. When the DA said he was
caught by surprise and hadn't planned on showing the video, the judge
should have asked then why is the video cued up and ready to go!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-04-13 (Monday)

<t39pd1$e7g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141884&group=rec.arts.tv#141884

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 11:33:02 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 18:33 UTC

On 4/14/2022 11:17 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> Focused on grading, so just:
>>>
>>> soaps: DOOL - Stale episode. Only things of interest were them looking
>>> like they're going to write Sarah out again (I guess they brought Linsey
>>> Godfrey back just to give Sarah a more definitive write-out), and Gwen
>>> asking RedAbby(!) to be her maid of honor... and Abby saying "yes"!
>>>   GH - I hate it when they do this - they pulled a bait-and-switch in a
>>> scene where Spencer reveals to NuTrina that he's currently staying with
>>> Esme to try to prove that Esme was the one who set Trina up, but wait!
>>> PSYCH!! - It was just Spencer imagining how he wanted the scene to play
>>> out!! Instead, he continues to act like a jerk to Trina (to keep up with
>>> his plan to "sting" Esme!). Esme continues to "work" on Nikolas, and he
>>> gets Esme to admit something about her past (I really can't tell if
>>> Nikolas is playing her completely, or whether she's succeeding in
>>> seducing him...). And Sam snoops on Dante to try to get info on the case
>>> against Trina. Meanwhile Sonny sells the bar to Phyllis for $100, with
>>> Nina's encouragement.
>>>
>>> Moon Knight (Disney+) - "The Friendly Type" (ep. #3). This episode was
>>> decent - at least there was storyline development, and it was
>>> "action-y"... In Cairo, EVOL!!1! Arthur Harrow gets closer to raising
>>> Ammit, while Marc Spector, with Layla's help, tries to track down the
>>> location of Ammit's prison to stop Harrow. But Steven Grant keeps
>>> foiling Marc along the way. In the end, they get their location, but at
>>> the expense of Khonshu sacrificing himself for going too far, with the
>>> other Egyptian gods "imprisoning" Khonshu.
>>>   This is the episode that guest-starred Gaspard Ulliel, the French
>>> actor who died from a skiing accident back in January.
>>>

>> There is also a third personality in play that the original two weren't
>> aware of. This was probably their best episode yet. It is also my
>> understanding that within the MCU the Black Panther Gods and the
>> Egyptian Gods are linked. I was hoping to explicitly see a Black
>> Panther God at that meeting. Maybe there was one. One of the Avatars
>> spoke with what sounded like a Wakandan accent. But I wasn't sure.
>>

>> I watched:
>>
>> The Avengers (4K disc) The first movie from 2012. I did not originally
>> have plans to watch this, but I very recently upgraded a bunch of the
>> MCU movies to 4K (shocking, I didn't already own them all in 4K), and
>
> I tagged you this morning in rat Facebook with a couple new 4K releases you
> might be interested in.

I saw. Thanks. I have been circling around buying those two on blu-ray
since they were released a couple of years ago. I am so glad I didn't
bite. Now I'll add them to my 4K collection.

This is as good a time as any to mention that The Wonderful World of the
Brothers Grimm blu-ray just came out. I haven't picked it up yet, but
I'm thinking about it.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Wonderful-World-of-the-Brothers-Grimm-Blu-ray/134981/#Review