You have a deep interest in all that is artistic.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Space Race

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Space RacemoviePig
+- Re: Space RacemoviePig
+- Re: Space Racetrotsky
`- Re: Space Racetrotsky

1
Re: Space Race

<lmA6K.82966$Kdf.13484@fx96.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141918&group=rec.arts.tv#141918

Subject: Re: Space Race
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 10:26:24 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 14:26 UTC

On 4/16/2022 3:43 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t3dp0o$bqp$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>>> Yeah but the people on earth it was going to hit weren't impressed. Or
>>> maybe it was just stuck in orbit next to them. I think they had to recover
>>> it and disarm it. So she didn't so much get rid of it has just almost
>>> killed them all. :-)
>>>
>>> Google, Google...
>>>
>>> Here it is. She dumped it on the great lakes region. And they had to go
>>> grab it and bring it back and disarm it.
>>>
>>> I stand by my original statement that they should've tossed her right out
>>> the airlock after it. Maybe she could've ridden it down like Slim Pickens.

>> In the sci-fi comedy "Avenue 5" they pushed the dead people out of the
>> airlock and had an external sewerage pipe/tank leak ... in both cases
>> the 'debris' simply started orbiting the ship itself and came past the
>> large viewing lounge windows every few minutes.
>
> Must have been a helluva big ship to have that kind of gravitational
> attraction.

Even with no Mass, the bodies still had dead weight...

Re: Space Race

<FGW6K.597732$mF2.292530@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141960&group=rec.arts.tv#141960

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 11:49:56 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 15:49 UTC

On 4/17/2022 3:24 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 4/16/2022 9:26 AM, moviePig wrote:
>> On 4/16/2022 3:43 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Must have been a helluva big ship to have that kind of gravitational
>>> attraction.
>>
>> Even with no Mass, the bodies still had dead weight...
>

> Just the opposite, mass is independent of gravity, weight isn't.

(Though not a great pun, it was a double. I couldn't stop myself...)

Re: Space Race

<16e6ec878120415d$1$1011896$c0d58a68@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141979&group=rec.arts.tv#141979

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 02:19:37 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 07:19 UTC

On 4/16/2022 5:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>>> Even with no Mass, the bodies still had dead weight...
>>
>> It is a comedy show. I doubt they were going for exact science, but for
>> comedic effect instead (e.g. the dead bodies keep drifting past the
>> windows during the eulogy speech, the sewerage floating around the ship
>> indicating they're really in the crap now).
>>
>> Having said that, it is also a space-going cruise ship with hundreds of
>> passengers and crew, so much much bigger than the Apollo ships.
>
> Ah, I didn't know it was a comedy.
>
> Still, spaceships are mostly air, very little mass from a gravitational
> perspective. You'd have to get up to Death Star sizes before things would
> start orbiting them.

Size has nothing to do with it. Mass has everything to do with it. How
big is a black hole?

Typical right wing clown, knowledge is a burden.

Re: Space Race

<16e6ed64507070fd$1$632451$52d51861@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141987&group=rec.arts.tv#141987

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 02:35:27 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <63f518a7-1a19-49c7-b1da-ca8e2aac9abdn@googlegroups.com> <887672195.671668148.916339.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <t3c1rc$8ne$2@dont-email.me> <at5j5h5581dv7o99mr0tt9qpsde9tg84ro@4ax.com> <t3ciij$d1k$1@dont-email.me> <2067110922.671751003.501441.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <f3rj5hh8biv999rfvmrf62c11enac2pfko@4ax.com> <162570717.671757104.020681.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <t3dp0o$bqp$1@gioia.aioe.org> <lmA6K.82966$Kdf.13484@fx96.iad> <t3ffdf$1pq9$1@gioia.aioe.org> <1204353448.671850032.741496.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <t3g3fd$1jng$1@gioia.aioe.org> <atropos-9AFDF4.13114617042022@news.giganews.com>
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 07:35 UTC

On 4/17/2022 3:11 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t3g3fd$1jng$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>> Ah, I didn't know it was a comedy.
>>
>> Hint:
>> In the sci-fi *comedy* "Avenue 5" ...
>>
>> but thanks for further proving that most people don't bother to
>> actually read what's written before jumping on their soap box.
>
> And thanks for overreacting as usual. Yes, I missed the comedy tag. Like
> you've never skipped a word or misread anything.
>
> And characterizing my brief response as a "soap box" puts you firmly in
> the needlessly melodramatic category.
>
> Congrats.

You're always one a soapbox you lying asshole. ALWAYS.