From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Cancelling musicians to take a stance on the war in Ukraine
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 12:32:49 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 16:32 UTC

On 2022-04-16 12:05 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> In keeping with Western demands to prevent Russian musicians from
> performing in concert, I hereby announce that the music of Pyotr Ilyich
> Tchaikovsky shall no longer be performed for his failure to denounce
> Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

Denounce Putin? He didn't even get a chance to denounce Lenin or Stalin!
He died in 1893 while Lenin was an obscure provincial lawyer and Stalin
was a schoolboy in Georgia.

--
Rhino

Re: Cancelling musicians to take a stance on the war in Ukraine

<t3mbo7$n80$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142026&group=rec.arts.tv#142026

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 08:59:50 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 12:59 UTC

On 2022-04-16 1:51 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>> On 2022-04-16 12:05 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>
>>> In keeping with Western demands to prevent Russian musicians from
>>> performing in concert, I hereby announce that the music of Pyotr Ilyich
>>> Tchaikovsky shall no longer be performed for his failure to denounce
>>> Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.
>
>> Denounce Putin? He didn't even get a chance to denounce Lenin or Stalin!
>> He died in 1893 while Lenin was an obscure provincial lawyer and Stalin
>> was a schoolboy in Georgia.
>
> He could have denounced Alexander III, then, but I think you've missed
> the point.

Actually, I totally got your point but my attempt to be humourous
clearly fell flat. C'est la vie....

--
Rhino