There is no cure for birth and death other than to enjoy the interval. -- George Santayana

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Ever notice this about repair of wounds on TV/Movies?

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Ever notice this about repair of wounds on TV/Movies?moviePig
`- Re: Ever notice this about repair of wounds on TV/Movies?trotsky

1
Re: Ever notice this about repair of wounds on TV/Movies?

<%7W6K.87017$Kdf.49273@fx96.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141951&group=rec.arts.tv#141951

Subject: Re: Ever notice this about repair of wounds on TV/Movies?
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 11:12:57 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 15:12 UTC

On 4/17/2022 6:14 AM, RichA wrote:
> They sew a guy's wound up without any anesthetic and they act like someone is pulling teeth without anesthetic. But considering using a needle on someone is no worse than getting any injection, and little kids get them without complaint, I wonder what the "theatre of pain" is for?

Injections nowadays use microscopically thin needles, unlike sutures
comprising multiple punctures of injured tissue while trailing thread.

Re: Ever notice this about repair of wounds on TV/Movies?

<16e6b863dcf682ba$4$919266$c8d58268@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141955&group=rec.arts.tv#141955

Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 10:24:13 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 15:24 UTC

On 4/17/2022 10:12 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 4/17/2022 6:14 AM, RichA wrote:
>> They sew a guy's wound up without any anesthetic and they act like
>> someone is pulling teeth without anesthetic. But considering using a
>> needle on someone is no worse than getting any injection, and little
>> kids get them without complaint, I wonder what the "theatre of pain"
>> is for?
>
> Injections nowadays use microscopically thin needles, unlike sutures
> comprising multiple punctures of injured tissue while trailing thread.

"Rich" should know this since he's a male nurse.