From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Piracy Poses Concern as Netflix Subscribers Drop for the First
Time
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 13:33:55 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 20:33 UTC

On 4/21/2022 1:16 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <d2536h1a3ng52tvln4i97tpees2cbr9mal@4ax.com>, shawn
> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 08:46:56 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Netflix not having to worry about viewership although they apparently do
>>> anyway may change drastically if they actually go along with this
>>> ill-advised advertising plan.
>>
>> Agreed. Also they will have to make the numbers available for the
>> viewers of any show with advertising. Something they didn't have to do
>> until now.
>

> Ah, and there's the rub. They can say anything they want to about
> their viewership, as long as it doesn't involve defrauding advertisers.

What makes you think they have to tell the public anything about
numbers? They can just tell the advertisers privately, there's no
Nielsen type company involved.

dirty old man.

Re: Piracy Poses Concern as Netflix Subscribers Drop for the First Time

<cRj8K.5$zkv4.4@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142082&group=rec.arts.tv#142082

Time
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:16:56 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 21:16 UTC

On 4/21/2022 4:33 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 4/21/2022 1:16 PM, A Friend wrote:
>> In article <d2536h1a3ng52tvln4i97tpees2cbr9mal@4ax.com>, shawn
>> <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> Agreed. Also they will have to make the numbers available for the
>>> viewers of any show with advertising. Something they didn't have to do
>>> until now.
>>

>> Ah, and there's the rub.  They can say anything they want to about
>> their viewership, as long as it doesn't involve defrauding advertisers.
>
> What makes you think they have to tell the public anything about
> numbers?  They can just tell the advertisers privately, there's no
> Nielsen type company involved.

Privately, right. "Information wants to be free"...

Re: Piracy Poses Concern as Netflix Subscribers Drop for the First Time

<t3sts2$u1t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142089&group=rec.arts.tv#142089

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Time
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:45:57 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 00:45 UTC

On 4/21/2022 2:23 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <t3sf3h$p01$4@dont-email.me>, Dimensional Traveler
> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> On 4/21/2022 1:16 PM, A Friend wrote:

>>> Ah, and there's the rub. They can say anything they want to about
>>> their viewership, as long as it doesn't involve defrauding advertisers.
>>
>> What makes you think they have to tell the public anything about
>> numbers? They can just tell the advertisers privately, there's no
>> Nielsen type company involved.
>

> There'd be no privacy there. The numbers they claim would leak almost
> instantly.

They "leak" now and are completely meaningless.

dirty old man.