Logic is the chastity belt of the mind!

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Good news from Robin!

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Good news from Robin!moviePig
+- Re: Good news from Robin!moviePig
+* Re: Good news from Robin!moviePig
|`- Re: Good news from Robin!moviePig
`- Re: Good news from Robin!moviePig

1
Re: Good news from Robin!

<K%j8K.602321$mF2.250634@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142083&group=rec.arts.tv#142083

Subject: Re: Good news from Robin!
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:28:09 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 21:28 UTC

On 4/21/2022 4:40 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 16:31:26 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
>> In article
>> <223018449.672256906.149973.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> UPDATED: CNN+, the news network¹s expensive venture into subscription
>>> streaming, will shut down at the end of the month.
>>

>> I don't know they thought people would pay for that, but I'm not on
>> crack.
>
> It might have build an audience over time but there's no way it was
> going to do it in a month or two. Over the course of a few years it
> might have built up the audience it needed to justify the existence
> but expecting it to do so in a month was just asking for it to fail.

"Fox Nation, which launched in 2018, also is a subscription offering
priced at $5.99, but relies on a more fervent audience on the right with
its mix of lifestyle and opinion programming."

"More fervent audience on the right". How delicately phrased...

Re: Good news from Robin!

<S_o8K.750151$oF2.427988@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142096&group=rec.arts.tv#142096

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 23:08:33 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 03:08 UTC

On 4/21/2022 6:25 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:28:09 -0400, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "Fox Nation, which launched in 2018, also is a subscription offering
>> priced at $5.99, but relies on a more fervent audience on the right with
>> its mix of lifestyle and opinion programming."
>>
>> "More fervent audience on the right". How delicately phrased...
>
> What would YOU characterize it as? Bearing in mind of course that
> whatever designation you use would inevitably be turned around at the
> left?

I dunno ...the "lockstep faithful"? (Libs are anything *but* that.)

Re: Good news from Robin!

<l6p8K.622315$LN2.404189@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142097&group=rec.arts.tv#142097

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 23:16:32 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 03:16 UTC

On 4/21/2022 7:04 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 15:25:46 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:28:09 -0400, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> "Fox Nation, which launched in 2018, also is a subscription offering
>>> priced at $5.99, but relies on a more fervent audience on the right with
>>> its mix of lifestyle and opinion programming."
>>>
>>> "More fervent audience on the right". How delicately phrased...
>>
>> What would YOU characterize it as? Bearing in mind of course that
>> whatever designation you use would inevitably be turned around at the
>> left?
>
> "Fox Nation relies on the loyal Fox News viewers to pay for the
> service."

Who the hell is *loyal* to a goddam news program? It's a TV show for
chrissake, with TV personalities. The only fox you can be *loyal* to is
the cute one you keep as a pet...

Re: Good news from Robin!

<WOy8K.93528$Kdf.40713@fx96.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142102&group=rec.arts.tv#142102

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 10:18:29 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 14:18 UTC

On 4/22/2022 5:27 AM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <l6p8K.622315$LN2.404189@fx13.iad>, moviePig
> <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/21/2022 7:04 PM, shawn wrote:

>>> "Fox Nation relies on the loyal Fox News viewers to pay for the
>>> service."
>>
>> Who the hell is *loyal* to a goddam news program?
>

> Back in the day, people were very loyal to either Cronkite or
> Huntley/Brinkley. (ABC was not a player then, not until Howard K.
> Smith came along.) Things weren't anything like they are now.
>
> There are shows on Fox News that have loyal fan bases.

My faux histrionics aside, I do find it a depressing sign of the times
that we could apply "loyalty" to a news outlet. It's like someone
asking which reality you subscribe to, and meaning it literally.

Re: Good news from Robin!

<TpE8K.605329$mF2.561734@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142115&group=rec.arts.tv#142115

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 16:41:23 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 20:41 UTC

On 4/22/2022 4:11 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> The Horny Goat
>>> moviePig
>>>
>>> "More fervent audience on the right". How delicately phrased...
>>
>> What would YOU characterize it as?
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/j2JQgVfW/1573847216547.gif
> https://ibb.co/Z1v4pSM

Yes, he still has his fans...