If two people love each other, there can be no happy end to it. -- Ernest Hemingway

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Good news from Robin!

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Good news from Robin!moviePig
`- Re: Good news from Robin!moviePig

1
Re: Good news from Robin!

<QRy8K.863961$aT3.29560@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142103&group=rec.arts.tv#142103

Subject: Re: Good news from Robin!
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 10:21:35 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 14:21 UTC

On 4/21/2022 11:39 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Apr 21, 2022 at 1:40:46 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 16:31:26 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In article
>>> <223018449.672256906.149973.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> I don't know they thought people would pay for that, but I'm not on
>>> crack.
>>
>> It might have build an audience over time but there's no way it was
>> going to do it in a month or two. Over the course of a few years it
>> might have built up the audience it needed to justify the existence
>> but expecting it to do so in a month was just asking for it to fail.
>
> What's interesting is that CNN's colossal business blunder did not receive a
> second of attention from its direct competitor MSNBC nor did it receive any
> coverage on ABC, CBS, or NBC's evening newscasts, according to Grabien
> transcripts.
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-plus-msnbc-abc-cbs-nbc-ignore-streaming-service

Fun fact: some of us (like me) didn't know CNN+ had ever existed.

Re: Good news from Robin!

<D%C8K.818$hN04.589@fx40.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142111&group=rec.arts.tv#142111

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 15:05:07 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 19:05 UTC

On 4/22/2022 2:33 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <QRy8K.863961$aT3.29560@fx09.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/21/2022 11:39 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> What's interesting is that CNN's colossal business blunder did not receive
>>> a second of attention from its direct competitor MSNBC nor did it receive
>>> any coverage on ABC, CBS, or NBC's evening newscasts, according to
>>> Grabien transcripts.
>>>
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-plus-msnbc-abc-cbs-nbc-ignore-streaming-se
>>> rvice
>>
>> Fun fact: some of us (like me) didn't know CNN+ had ever existed.
>
> Well, one would assume the other major national news outlets did or
> they're not worth a tin shit as national news outlets.

Point is, CNN+'s demise doesn't make a ripple in my day ...which, if
representative, might've informed a general decision not to promote it.
Meanwhile, what I did learn from all this is that FoxNews can sustain
a subscription model that liberal sites can't, which is hardly surprising.