The best thing about growing older is that it takes such a long time.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Good news from Robin!

SubjectAuthor
o Re: Good news from Robin!moviePig

1
Re: Good news from Robin!

<nUy8K.863962$aT3.611176@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142104&group=rec.arts.tv#142104

Subject: Re: Good news from Robin!
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 10:24:18 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 14:24 UTC

On 4/22/2022 5:10 AM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <t3t37a$2q7$1@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> Interestingly, new management proclaims that they want CNN to focus on,
>> get this, reporting of the news, and less on personalities. If it
>> resumes pure news, I may give it another chance. I haven't watched in
>> decades.
>

> I remember when CNN *was* pure news, and it was glorious. Very early
> on, I was changing channels and saw that they'd gone live to somewhere
> in the middle of the country, where an overhead walkway had collapsed
> during a tea party (I think) and many were dead or injured. Ah, I
> said, *that's* what this is for.
>
> Ah. Found it. Kansas City MO, 1981.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyatt_Regency_walkway_collapse
>
> (Wow. Many, indeed. 114 dead, 216 injured.)

....and CNN Headline News. Any 15 minutes got you up-to-date...