From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-04-21 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 09:05:26 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 16:05 UTC

On 4/22/2022 7:16 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 06:35:46 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> A bunch of episodes of the BBC SHERLOCK on the CRACKLE.
>> The CRACKLE interface and general presentation and commercial inserts are
>> just dreadful. And every time it ran the McDonald’s commercial I had to
>> restart the program because it hangs at the end. I even tried switching
>>from the DVR over to the PlayStation which has its own Crackle app and that
>> one doesn’t work at all anymore!
>>
>> Finished off CASEY JONES as well.
>>
>> I watched several episodes of THE ENDGAME. I haven’t caught up yet though.
>> I’m just sort of sitting there shaking my head at the whole thing.
>
> Are you doubting Elena's ability to not only plan out her crimes but
> anticipate every move the cops will do months in advance? lol

Yeah, when you put it like that the show does seem ridiculous doesn't
it? I still haven't forced myself to watch the last episode.

I watched:

Halo (Paramount+) - "Reckoning" - An action packed episode as humans dig
up the artifact just in time for the aliens to try and take it from them.

Star Trek: Picard (Paramount+) - "Mercy" - I am amazed at how this show
has managed to weave the Borg, Q, and time travel all into one coherent
plot. This week the new Borg Queen discusses the futility or resistance
while adding some biological and technological distinctiveness to her
new collective. Meanwhile Q confirms what I originally thought, that
Picard did in fact cause the time travel to occur. But now that that's
settled, why is Q so actively trying to mess with the timeline? And
while Q obviously knows the Borg are in the past now also messing with
history, I have to wonder just how much do the Borg know or care about
what Q is up to? I *need* the Borg Queen to say something, anything,
about Q and the Borg's relationship with the continuum.

Atlanta (FX) - "White Fashion" - I'm not sure how to describe this one.
I guess maybe "Paper Boi" sales out. Although that's not 100%
accurate. Perhaps more accurate would be to say "Paper Boi" *tries* to
sale out while spending time with other Black artists who have already
sold out.

The Northman (theatrical) New historical epic (fantasy?) movie starring
Alexander Skarsgård as a Viking prince who as a boy witnesses his uncle
murder his father (Ethan Hawke) and marry his mother (Nicole Kidman).
Skarsgård runs away a boy but return years later a man ready to get his
vengeance on. Anya Taylor-Joy co-stars as a sorceress who teams up with
Skarsgård during his vengeance quest. The movie played very fast and
lose with if magic existed or not. The way they played things out it
was possible real magic was at play, or people were just hallucinating
thanks to being high on drugs combined with coincidence. This was a
very stylized movie, but it held my interest well enough. I think
overall I liked it.