From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: The Rookie...STUUUPIDD!!
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 10:40:22 -0400
 by: Rhino - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 14:40 UTC

On 2022-04-25 10:12 AM, Bill Idgerant wrote:
> We've had The Rookie on the record list for some time, but it's very
> prone to stupidity and this week's episode is just brimming with it.
>
> Plus, the central external character in this ep, a middle aged woman FBI
> trainee, is so annoying as to be unwatchable. She's apparently from LA,
> and is an educated professional, yet she speaks like a ghetto refugee.
>
> Bailey is off on a National Guard exercise, but shows up in full combat
> dress, leading a squad to secure the Guard armory following a bomb a
> threat. Really?
>
> And Grey, in command of uniforms at a police station, tells the FBI, in
> no uncertain terms, that his people will join the investigation into the
> bombing and the FBI lead guy caves and agrees immediately.
>
> And it goes on....and on....and it's continued next week. Please make it
> stop!

This episode - and the conclusion next week - are a "backdoor pilot",
meaning it will be a regular series next year if it gets a good
reception this week and next. If you really want to torture yourself, be
sure to watch the spin off next year, assuming it gets the go-ahead.
Alternatively, make sure you DON'T watch it next week to discourage the
network from green-lighting this thing.

--
Rhino