From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-04-24 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:34:26 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 19:34 UTC

On 4/25/2022 12:14 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> But it's not real gold anyway. Just gold-painted clay.
>
>> Yes, but they were discussing this like it was her real plan and nobody
>> said "hey, wait a minute"
>
>> Also that Clay they were drowning the secretary in sure looked like gold
>> all by itself!
>
>> Also, did they somehow manage to get clay that masses the same as gold?
>> Because real gold ought to be about 10 times heavier. You think somebody
>> might notice that.
>
> I watched it with my mother. We were discussing exactly that point, the
> impossibility of hiding the substitution from anyone.
>
> Also, she got gold paint down her throat into her lungs. How the hell
> was she alive?

I thought you were discussing the episode from a couple of weeks ago,
but I just realized you all must be discussing the latest episode that I
haven't watched yet. :-/

I forgot to mention I also watched The Man Who Fell to Earth (Showtime)
- This is a new sci-fi series starring Chiwetel Ejiofor as an alien who
comes to Earth and has difficulty fitting in at first. This new series
is in continuity with the 1976 David Bowie movie. And I would have
loved to rewatch the original movie since I don't remember it, but no
one has it available to stream for free. :-/