"Do you think there's a God?" "Well, ____SOMEbody's out to get me!" -- Calvin and Hobbs

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities FreakingmoviePig
+* Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freakingsuzeeq
|+- Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freakingsuzeeq
|+- Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freakingsuzeeq
|`* Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freakingsuzeeq
| `* Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freakingsuzeeq
|  +* Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities FreakingmoviePig
|  |`- Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities FreakingmoviePig
|  `* Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freakingsuzeeq
|   `* Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freakingsuzeeq
|    `* Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freakingsuzeeq
|     +- Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freakingsuzeeq
|     `- Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities FreakingmoviePig
`- Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities FreakingmoviePig

1
Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<AEC9K.445606$t2Bb.208995@fx98.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142156&group=rec.arts.tv#142156

Subject: Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking
Out
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:29:35 -0400
 by: moviePig - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 19:29 UTC

On 4/25/2022 2:53 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Apr 16, 2022 at 12:56:00 PM PDT, "Ed Stasiak" <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> shawn

>>> The issue that I have with it is that last time Trump was free to rile
>>> up a crowd we got the Jan 6 protest/riot/insurrection. I don't want to
>>> see a return to that in the future.
>>
>> Meanwhile, when Twitter/Reddit/Facebook allowed the Dems free reign
>> to rile up a crowd…
>>

>> https://trendingpolitics.com/blm-blames-biden-for-terrorizing-black-communities-says-he-is-worse-than-trump-knab/
>>
>> “Property insurance data estimates that 140 of the Black Lives Matter
>> protests
>> in 2020 cost communities between $1 billion and $2 billion in damages.
>> Hundreds
>> of police officers were injured in BLM protests in 2020, two of them killed.
>> BLM was linked to over 91% of riots in a three-month period last year, which
>> gave rise to numerous innocent civilians’ deaths. One particularly tumultuous
>> period led to at least 19 deaths.”
>
> Meanwhile even as the garbage media gaslights you as to the 'mostly peaceful'
> nature of the BLM riots...
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/0v92c0ij66e42np/CNN_MostlyPeaceful.png?dl=0
>
> ...they're pretending this is what January 6th looked like:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfd631bicsbmha6/GarbageMediasJan6.png?dl=0

Jan. 6 "looked like" an attempt to overturn a Presidential election...

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<t46uf2$1e8d4$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142158&group=rec.arts.tv#142158

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Out
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:57:21 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 19:57 UTC

On 4/25/2022 12:29 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 4/25/2022 2:53 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Apr 16, 2022 at 12:56:00 PM PDT, "Ed Stasiak"
>> <edstasiak1067@gmail.com>

>>> Meanwhile, when Twitter/Reddit/Facebook allowed the Dems free reign
>>> to rile up a crowd…
>>>

>>> https://trendingpolitics.com/blm-blames-biden-for-terrorizing-black-communities-says-he-is-worse-than-trump-knab/
>>>

>>> “Property insurance data estimates that 140 of the Black Lives Matter
>>> protests
>>> in 2020 cost communities between $1 billion and $2 billion in damages.
>>> Hundreds
>>> of police officers were injured in BLM protests in 2020, two of them
>>> killed.
>>> BLM was linked to over 91% of riots in a three-month period last
>>> year, which
>>> gave rise to numerous innocent civilians’ deaths. One particularly
>>> tumultuous
>>> period led to at least 19 deaths.”
>>
>> Meanwhile even as the garbage media gaslights you as to the 'mostly
>> peaceful'
>> nature of the BLM riots...
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/0v92c0ij66e42np/CNN_MostlyPeaceful.png?dl=0
>>
>> ...they're pretending this is what January 6th looked like:
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfd631bicsbmha6/GarbageMediasJan6.png?dl=0
>
> Jan. 6 "looked like" an attempt to overturn a Presidential election...

Yeah, and it may have been planned in advance. Pence's secret service
escorts tried to get him to leave the Capitol and he refused. He didn't
know where they might take him.

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<DrE9K.650055$7F2.288668@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142161&group=rec.arts.tv#142161

Out
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:32:17 -0400
 by: moviePig - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 21:32 UTC

On 4/25/2022 5:15 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <AEC9K.445606$t2Bb.208995@fx98.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/25/2022 2:53 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Meanwhile even as the garbage media gaslights you as to the 'mostly
>>> peaceful' nature of the BLM riots...
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/0v92c0ij66e42np/CNN_MostlyPeaceful.png?dl=0
>>>
>>> ...they're pretending this is what January 6th looked like:
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfd631bicsbmha6/GarbageMediasJan6.png?dl=0
>>
>> Jan. 6 "looked like" an attempt to overturn a Presidential election...
>
> Meanwhile, the garbage media actually *did* overturn a presidential
> election.
>
> A recent Gallup poll showed 17% of those who voted for Biden said if
> they knew the Hunter laptop story was real-- rather than the "Russian
> disinformation" lie that all the corporate media outlets save one were
> peddling in lockstep and which the social media platforms actively
> suppressed-- they wouldn't have voted for him.
>
> Biden popular vote: 81,282,916
>
> Minus 17%: 67,464,820
>
> Which puts him second to Trump: 74,223,369

Congrats! How did *Hillary* do against Trump in the election where
Comey didn't send his highly media-publicized letter to Congress?

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<t47dmo$1eg11$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142167&group=rec.arts.tv#142167

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Out
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:17:28 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 00:17 UTC

On 4/25/2022 2:17 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t46uf2$1e8d4$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com>
> wrote:

>> Yeah, and it may have been planned in advance. Pence's secret service
>> escorts tried to get him to leave the Capitol and he refused. He didn't
>> know where they might take him.
>
> The Naval Observatory or the White House.

That may not have been where he ended up.

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<t47dpm$1eg11$2@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142168&group=rec.arts.tv#142168

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Out
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:19:02 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 00:19 UTC

On 4/25/2022 2:21 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t46uf2$1e8d4$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com>
> wrote:

>>> Jan. 6 "looked like" an attempt to overturn a Presidential election...
>>
>> Yeah, and it may have been planned in advance. Pence's secret service
>> escorts tried to get him to leave the Capitol and he refused. He didn't
>> know where they might take him.
>
> Oh, and if the USSS wants to evacuate either POTUS or VPOTUS from a
> venue, the protectee doesn't have a say or a choice.
>
> Cheney didn't want to leave the White House complex on 9-11 so the
> agents walked over to him, picked him up and carried him out. The same
> would have been true of Pence, so this story doesn't pass the smell test.

It's what Pence is said to have done. It's in a book recently published,
I can't remember which one. I'll try and research which it is.

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<t47drs$1eg11$3@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142169&group=rec.arts.tv#142169

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Out
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:20:12 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 00:20 UTC

On 4/25/2022 5:09 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> In article <t46uf2$1e8d4$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Yeah, and it may have been planned in advance. Pence's secret service
>>> escorts tried to get him to leave the Capitol and he refused. He didn't
>>> know where they might take him.
>>
>> The Naval Observatory or the White House.
>
> Via secret tunnel system?

They were trying to hustle him into a car.

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<t47eq1$1egj5$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142170&group=rec.arts.tv#142170

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Out
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:36:14 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 00:36 UTC

On 4/25/2022 5:28 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>> https://trendingpolitics.com/blm-blames-biden-for-terrorizing-black-commun

>>> Via secret tunnel system?
>>>
>> They were trying to hustle him into a car.
>
> That was a decoy!

Here's what I saw on the news, along with a back up link.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/secret-service-rush-to-evacuate-pence-from-besieged-capitol-becomes-coup-focus/ar-AAWuRGa?ocid=BingNewsSearch

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/21/politics/pence-capitol-loading-dock-january-6-riot-secret-service/index.html

It's information in the book "I Alone Can Fix It"

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<64J9K.629195$mF2.62257@fx11.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142171&group=rec.arts.tv#142171

Out
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 22:48:34 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 02:48 UTC

On 4/25/2022 10:09 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
> legally allowed to even touch the thing. Any agent that tried to pick it up
> would be detained, maybe shot by the MilAide. Every USSS agent knows this.
> Apparently MSN reporters do not, nor do sensationalist book authors. Nor do
> they bother to do proper research before writing things that are clearly
> factually false, which puts the credibility of everything else in the article
> in doubt as well.
>
> "...Pence's detail was 'presumably' reporting to Trump's Secret Service agents
> when the vice president rejected their effort to 'spirit him off of the
> campus'."
>
> WTF? Agents on the VPD do not report to or otherwise take orders from agents
> on PPD. VPS is an entirely separate division with different chains of command.
> And what's with the 'presumably'? Why would something that doesn't happen be
> presumed to be happening?
>
> And the use of 'spirit him off' instead of the more accurate 'evacuate him
> from danger' implies something illicit or dishonest without any factual basis
> for it.
>
> This entire article is garbage.
>
> More factual errors:
>
> "Tim Giebels, the lead special agent in charge of Pence’s protective
> detail..."
>
> Giebels wasn't the 'lead' SAIC. There's only one SAIC of VPD, not multiple
> SAICs with a 'lead'.
>
> "What transpired in the White House around this time is a conversation between
> Tony Ornato, who oversaw the Secret Service's movements..."
>
> Nope. Ornato was the PPD SAIC, not the Director or ADPO. The Assistant
> Director for Protective Operations and the Director oversee USSS movements,
> not the PPD SAIC.
>
> "Ornato reportedly told Kellogg that Pence's detail was planning to move the
> vice president to Joint Base Andrews, which is located in Maryland"
>
> Which is a perfectly reasonable secure relo location if you believe there are
> mobs on the streets of DC and getting back to the White House or NavObs is too
> risky. But this 'journalist' makes it sound suspicious and unusual because
> that's what sells books and newspaper articles.
>
> "Kellogg refused to accept that plan. 'Leave him where he's at. He's got a job
> to do. I know you guys too well. You'll fly him to Alaska if you have a
> chance. Don't do it,' Kellogg said"
>
> Yes, we like to get our protectees as far from danger as possible. Just like
> when we flew Bush from Florida first to Barksdale AFB in Louisiana, then to
> Offutt AFB in Nebraska. Again, nothing suspicious about it. This is just more
> of the age-old tension between government officials who want to get on with
> their jobs and the Secret Service that doesn't give flip about their jobs and
> whose only concern is that they remain breathing. The only difference here is
> that you have a media which is determined to paint these normal interactions
> between protectees, staff, and security as vaguely nefarious to promote their

Yes, a layperson can't begin to reliably unscramble all these "insider"
accounts. So, the only account I'm paying even half-serious attention
to is the report that Pence himself was dubious of his imminent fate.
Although his opinion (if reported correctly) may have been subjective
too, he was the "outsider" best qualified to have one.

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<t47t0q$1ense$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142172&group=rec.arts.tv#142172

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Out
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 21:38:50 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 04:38 UTC

On 4/25/2022 7:09 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Apr 25, 2022 at 5:36:14 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> That was a decoy!
>>>
>> Here's what I saw on the news, along with a back up link.
>>

>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/secret-service-rush-to-evacuate-pence-from-besieged-capitol-becomes-coup-focus/ar-AAWuRGa?ocid=BingNewsSearch
>
> Okay, this shows how reliable this bullshit article is:
>
> "Pence's Secret Service detail, including one agent carrying a nuclear
> football..."
>
> Secret Service agents don't carry the football. Never, ever is this done. The
> MilAide, designated by the Pentagon, carries the football and is the only one
> legally allowed to even touch the thing. Any agent that tried to pick it up
> would be detained, maybe shot by the MilAide. Every USSS agent knows this.
> Apparently MSN reporters do not, nor do sensationalist book authors. Nor do
> they bother to do proper research before writing things that are clearly
> factually false, which puts the credibility of everything else in the article
> in doubt as well.
>
> "...Pence's detail was 'presumably' reporting to Trump's Secret Service agents
> when the vice president rejected their effort to 'spirit him off of the
> campus'."
>
> WTF? Agents on the VPD do not report to or otherwise take orders from agents
> on PPD. VPS is an entirely separate division with different chains of command.
> And what's with the 'presumably'? Why would something that doesn't happen be
> presumed to be happening?
>
> And the use of 'spirit him off' instead of the more accurate 'evacuate him
> from danger' implies something illicit or dishonest without any factual basis
> for it.
>
> This entire article is garbage.
>
> More factual errors:
>
> "Tim Giebels, the lead special agent in charge of Pence’s protective
> detail..."
>
> Giebels wasn't the 'lead' SAIC. There's only one SAIC of VPD, not multiple
> SAICs with a 'lead'.
>
> "What transpired in the White House around this time is a conversation between
> Tony Ornato, who oversaw the Secret Service's movements..."
>
> Nope. Ornato was the PPD SAIC, not the Director or ADPO. The Assistant
> Director for Protective Operations and the Director oversee USSS movements,
> not the PPD SAIC.

What do you think about the fact that the AD left the SS and went to
work as Trump's Chief of Staff for the last few weeks of his
administration? Then went back to work for the SS.

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<t47ub7$1eohk$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142173&group=rec.arts.tv#142173

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Out
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 22:01:27 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 05:01 UTC

On 4/25/2022 9:58 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Apr 25, 2022 at 9:38:50 PM PDT, "suzeeq" <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> Okay, this shows how reliable this bullshit article is:
>>>
>>> "Pence's Secret Service detail, including one agent carrying a nuclear
>>> football..."
>>>
>>> Secret Service agents don't carry the football. Never, ever is this done.
>>> The
>>> MilAide, designated by the Pentagon, carries the football and is the only
>>> one
>>> legally allowed to even touch the thing. Any agent that tried to pick it up
>>> would be detained, maybe shot by the MilAide. Every USSS agent knows this.
>>> Apparently MSN reporters do not, nor do sensationalist book authors. Nor do
>>> they bother to do proper research before writing things that are clearly
>>> factually false, which puts the credibility of everything else in the
>>> article
>>> in doubt as well.
>>>
>>> "...Pence's detail was 'presumably' reporting to Trump's Secret Service
>>> agents
>>> when the vice president rejected their effort to 'spirit him off of the
>>> campus'."
>>>
>>> WTF? Agents on the VPD do not report to or otherwise take orders from agents
>>> on PPD. VPS is an entirely separate division with different chains of
>>> command.
>>> And what's with the 'presumably'? Why would something that doesn't happen be
>>> presumed to be happening?
>>>
>>> And the use of 'spirit him off' instead of the more accurate 'evacuate him
>>> from danger' implies something illicit or dishonest without any factual
>>> basis
>>> for it.
>>>
>>> This entire article is garbage.
>>>
>>> More factual errors:
>>>
>>> "Tim Giebels, the lead special agent in charge of Pence’s protective
>>> detail..."
>>>
>>> Giebels wasn't the 'lead' SAIC. There's only one SAIC of VPD, not multiple
>>> SAICs with a 'lead'.
>>>
>>> "What transpired in the White House around this time is a conversation
>>> between
>>> Tony Ornato, who oversaw the Secret Service's movements..."
>>>
>>> Nope. Ornato was the PPD SAIC, not the Director or ADPO. The Assistant
>>> Director for Protective Operations and the Director oversee USSS movements,
>>> not the PPD SAIC.
>>>

>> What do you think about the fact that the AD left the SS and went to
>> work as Trump's Chief of Staff for the last few weeks of his
>> administration? Then went back to work for the SS.
>
> First, Ornato wasn't the Assistant Director at the time. He was SAIC of PPD.
> Second, he can quit the Service and go work anywhere he likes but if I was the > director, I wouldn't have allowed anyone that obviously involved in the
> political side of the administration to come back to the USSS.

Apparently they did.

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<l_S9K.790588$oF2.30235@fx10.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142175&group=rec.arts.tv#142175

Out
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 10:05:05 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 14:05 UTC

On 4/26/2022 4:46 AM, trotsky wrote:
> [...]
>>> whose only concern is that they remain breathing. The only difference
>>> here is
>>> that you have a media which is determined to paint these normal
>>> interactions
>>> between protectees, staff, and security as vaguely nefarious to
>>> promote their
>>> agenda.
>>
>> Yes, a layperson can't begin to reliably unscramble all these
>> "insider" accounts.  So, the only account I'm paying even half-serious
>> attention to is the report that Pence himself was dubious of his
>> imminent fate. Although his opinion (if reported correctly) may have
>> been subjective too, he was the "outsider" best qualified to have one.
>

> I don't find any aspect of Pence's existence on the planet to be
> interesting.  A literal waste of life.  As opposed to "literally driving
> off a cliff" which is what Derp likes to do.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<t4jscm$1lqr2$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142258&group=rec.arts.tv#142258

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Out
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 10:41:41 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 17:41 UTC

On 4/30/2022 10:29 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t4jjms$os3$2@pcls7.std.com>,
> MDuPree@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree) wrote:
>
>> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> writes:

>>> Apparently they did.
>>
>> They did, which is why I agree with the general thrust of this line of
>> reasoning. Trump was putting tremendous pressure on Pence. He was
>> urging a crowd shouting, "Hang Mike Pence!" on to the Capitol to subvert
>> the certification of the election. The crowd built a gallows. In such
>> a situation, if even one member of the Secret Service seems to be part
>> of the conspiracy, that casts a cloud of doubt over all of them.
>
> Except no one in the USSS "seemed to be part of a conspiracy". Allowing
> an agent who left the Service to come back again after serving in
> another government position may not be the best management decision but
> it's hardly any indication or evidence that he was "part of a
> conspiracy", DuPree.
>
>> Therefore, the assumption that everything would have proceeded to be
>> conducted by the book would have been right out the window (and any
>> Secret Service agents who were not compromised by partisanship would
>> have realized this too).
>
> We're two years out from this event and even now, this alleged
> "conspiracy" is just that-- alleged. It has not been proven to have even
> existed, let alone who its participants were. Yet you're claiming that
> both Pence and the detail agents would have figured all this out mere
> minutes after the breach of the Capitol started. That's quite an episode
> of 24 you've got going on in your head, DuPree.
>
>> I wouldn't have gotten in that car either.
>
> If the Service was really evacuating you, yes, you would have. It
> wouldn't be your choice, DuPree.

You say Pence would not have had a choice in getting in the car, yet he
hasn't denied that he said what they're reporting.

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<t4jv9i$1lsn4$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142261&group=rec.arts.tv#142261

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Out
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 11:31:13 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 18:31 UTC

On 4/30/2022 11:08 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t4jscm$1lqr2$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 4/30/2022 10:29 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Except no one in the USSS "seemed to be part of a conspiracy". Allowing
>>> an agent who left the Service to come back again after serving in
>>> another government position may not be the best management decision but
>>> it's hardly any indication or evidence that he was "part of a
>>> conspiracy", DuPree.

>>> We're two years out from this event and even now, this alleged
>>> "conspiracy" is just that-- alleged. It has not been proven to have even
>>> existed, let alone who its participants were. Yet you're claiming that
>>> both Pence and the detail agents would have figured all this out mere
>>> minutes after the breach of the Capitol started. That's quite an episode
>>> of 24 you've got going on in your head, DuPree.

>>> If the Service was really evacuating you, yes, you would have. It
>>> wouldn't be your choice, DuPree.
>>>
>> You say Pence would not have had a choice in getting in the car, yet he
>> hasn't denied that he said what they're reporting.
>
> The media also used to regularly report that Obama got 400% more threats
> than any previous president and Obama never denied that despite it being
> factually untrue.

The book is quoting him directly. They must have interviewed him, and if
they got this statement wrong, I'd think he would want to correct that.

Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<DlfbK.655535$mF2.507671@fx11.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142263&group=rec.arts.tv#142263

Out
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 14:37:22 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 18:37 UTC

On 4/30/2022 2:08 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <t4jscm$1lqr2$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 4/30/2022 10:29 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Except no one in the USSS "seemed to be part of a conspiracy". Allowing
>>> an agent who left the Service to come back again after serving in
>>> another government position may not be the best management decision but
>>> it's hardly any indication or evidence that he was "part of a
>>> conspiracy", DuPree.

>>> We're two years out from this event and even now, this alleged
>>> "conspiracy" is just that-- alleged. It has not been proven to have even
>>> existed, let alone who its participants were. Yet you're claiming that
>>> both Pence and the detail agents would have figured all this out mere
>>> minutes after the breach of the Capitol started. That's quite an episode
>>> of 24 you've got going on in your head, DuPree.

>>> If the Service was really evacuating you, yes, you would have. It
>>> wouldn't be your choice, DuPree.
>>>
>> You say Pence would not have had a choice in getting in the car, yet he
>> hasn't denied that he said what they're reporting.
>
> The media also used to regularly report that Obama got 400% more threats
> than any previous president and Obama never denied that despite it being
> factually untrue.

Why would you expect Obama to disclose an agency's death-threat tally?