You have an unusual understanding of the problems of human relationships.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: The Rookie...STUUUPIDD!!

SubjectAuthor
* Re: The Rookie...STUUUPIDD!!Bill Idgerant
+- Re: The Rookie...STUUUPIDD!!suzeeq
`* Re: The Rookie...STUUUPIDD!!Rhino
 `- Re: The Rookie...STUUUPIDD!!suzeeq

1
Re: The Rookie...STUUUPIDD!!

<f7T9K.653748$7F2.221040@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142176&group=rec.arts.tv#142176

Subject: Re: The Rookie...STUUUPIDD!!
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: Non...@fake.net (Bill Idgerant)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 08:14:35 -0600
 by: Bill Idgerant - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 14:14 UTC

On 2022-04-25 11:08 a.m., Neill Massello wrote:
> On 2022-04-25 at 08:12:03 MDT, "Bill Idgerant" <Noname@fake.net> wrote:
>
>> Plus, the central external character in this ep, a middle aged woman FBI
>> trainee, is so annoying as to be unwatchable. She's apparently from LA,
>> and is an educated professional, yet she speaks like a ghetto refugee.
>
> Thoroughly implausible, both as an FBI trainee and as the daughter of
> Christopher Clark (Frankie Faison).

Exactly. Dad talks like a normal Angeleno; the woman talks like a
gang-banger rapper.

--
Bill Idgerant
(Not a real person)

Re: The Rookie...STUUUPIDD!!

<t493lj$1em84$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142179&group=rec.arts.tv#142179

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 08:38:28 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 15:38 UTC

On 4/26/2022 7:28 AM, Capricorne wrote:
> Bill Idgerant wrote:

>>> Thoroughly implausible, both as an FBI trainee and as the daughter of
>>> Christopher Clark (Frankie Faison).
>>
>> Exactly. Dad talks like a normal Angeleno; the woman talks like a
>> gang-banger rapper.
>

> Yeah, I couldn't even watched her. I decided to fast forward every time
> she appeared. I finally fastforwarded the whole episode. She's the new
> Rookie, isn't she?

Not for LAPD. She's the new rook for the FBI.

Re: The Rookie...STUUUPIDD!!

<t49m49$2nh$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142182&group=rec.arts.tv#142182

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 16:53:26 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 20:53 UTC

On 2022-04-26 10:28 AM, Capricorne wrote:
> Bill Idgerant wrote:

>>> Thoroughly implausible, both as an FBI trainee and as the daughter of
>>> Christopher Clark (Frankie Faison).
>>
>> Exactly. Dad talks like a normal Angeleno; the woman talks like a
>> gang-banger rapper.
>

> Yeah, I couldn't even watched her. I decided to fast forward every time
> she appeared. I finally fastforwarded the whole episode. She's the new
> Rookie, isn't she?

No, this episode - and the conclusion next week - are a "backdoor pilot"
to launch a spinoff starring this woman in some future season, either
this fall or winter.

I wonder if this is ABC's attempt to launch a "Rookie Universe" along
the same lines as the "One Chicago Universe" (Chicago Fire, Chicago PD,
Chicago Med)?

Or is this another take on being "woke"? It felt like the FBI rookie was
*supposed* to speak in a semi-ebonics fashion to be "more relateable" to
black viewers rather than "talking white". Whatever its intent, it felt
a little like casting Diamond & Silk in a drama....

--
Rhino

Re: The Rookie...STUUUPIDD!!

<t49om3$1f425$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142183&group=rec.arts.tv#142183

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 14:37:07 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 21:37 UTC

On 4/26/2022 1:53 PM, Rhino wrote:
> On 2022-04-26 10:28 AM, Capricorne wrote:
>> Bill Idgerant wrote:

>>> Exactly. Dad talks like a normal Angeleno; the woman talks like a
>>> gang-banger rapper.
>>

>> Yeah, I couldn't even watched her. I decided to fast forward every
>> time she appeared. I finally fastforwarded the whole episode. She's
>> the new Rookie, isn't she?
>>
> No, this episode - and the conclusion next week - are a "backdoor pilot"
> to launch a spinoff starring this woman in some future season, either
> this fall or winter.
>
> I wonder if this is ABC's attempt to launch a "Rookie Universe" along
> the same lines as the "One Chicago Universe" (Chicago Fire, Chicago PD,
> Chicago Med)?

They've got one in Seattle with Grey's Anatomy and Station 19.