Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 10:34:21 -0700
Subject: Re: Musk's bid (and win) of Twitter a GIFT from God for the
stockholders
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: wearyfl...@gmail.com (weary flake)
 by: weary flake - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 17:34 UTC

On 4/26/22 11:29 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Apr 25, 2022 at 8:25:20 PM PDT, "David Johnston"
> <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-04-25 2:58 p.m., RichA wrote:
>>
>>> Musk apparently predicated this bid on responses he got when he asked in a
>>> poll if people thought Twitter was delivering uncensored and unbiased
>>> comments. A resounding 70% of the respondents said "no." That tipped it for
>>> Musk, he needed a strong consensus to proceed. Now, all he has to do is
>>> read the riot-act to the LEFT-WING moderators (or fire them all) and make
>>> the platform into one with unfettered opinions on both sides.
>>>

>>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/25/tech/elon-musk-twitter-sale-agreement/index.html
>>>
>> The end of twitter moderation will hopefully kill the platform.
>
> It's disheartening to me how many people are legitimately distraught by the
> prospect of having *more* freedom. It's like simultaneously being through the
> looking glass *and* in the Upside Down.
>
> What's even more bizarre are all the people who are now calling for the
> government to nationalize Twitter and run it as a public utility. If they want
> censorship with a leftist bias, the last thing they should want is for it to
> be a government service because unlike a private company the 1st Amendment
> *does* apply to the government, which would be legally prohibited from doing
> all the banning and suspending and censoring that they love so much.

The Left is sectarian, they oppose any speech at all by non-Leftists, especially
if they agree with the Leftists on something. The priority of the Left is to kill
non-Leftist criticism of government, corporations, media, society, etc., and
reserve speech for Leftist mouths only. I think others can see this too, that
the Left are the apologists for the status quo.