From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-04-27 (Wednesday)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 13:11:03 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 20:11 UTC

On 4/29/2022 8:02 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>> In article
>> <841391772.672903524.012832.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> I mentioned Hannah biting right through the lobster shell in SPLASH! To a
>>> friend a few nights ago and she never heard of it so we found the scene on
>>> the YouTube. The story goes that because she was a vegetarian she wouldn¹t
>>> eat the fish flesh although biting through the exoskeleton didn¹t bother
>>> her (I¹d be afraid a shard would go right through the soft palate into my
>>> brain) so Ron Howard and whoever went back into the kitchen and filled a
>>> lobster tail shell with mashed potatoes.
>>>
>>> The thing is, watching that sequence on the YouTube, it¹s very very clearly
>>> not mashed potatoes. I don¹t know if that whole deal was just a story made
>>> up by the publicity department or what.
>>

>> It's mashed potatoes mixed with hearts of palm.
>>

> OK, that might work. There are definitely solids in there. It looks
> remarkably like lobster meat.

What I think would have also worked is Howard going into the kitchen for
15 minutes or so, bringing out a real lobster tail and telling Hannah
that it was a vegetarian lobster tail that they just made for her. :P

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-04-27 (Wednesday)

<t4qae6$qs7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142313&group=rec.arts.tv#142313

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 21:18:16 -0700
<t4eoj0$jqs$1@dont-email.me> <280420221540391732%nope@noway.com>
<794897892.672889124.803577.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<280420222234316408%nope@noway.com>
<841391772.672903524.012832.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<290420220724421899%nope@noway.com>
<159156827.672937161.303788.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t4hgol$hph$2@dont-email.me>
<1812756151.672962589.611489.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t4ogs5$dik$11@dont-email.me>
<1194092437.673194050.619294.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t4pb3p$48s$2@dont-email.me>
<163899621.673241379.699193.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 3 May 2022 04:18 UTC

On 5/2/2022 8:39 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Nyssa <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> You could, but not with the stuff on hand in a restaurant
>>> kitchen on the spur of the moment.

>> I dunno. I was thinking of something like the Magic
>> Shell sauce used on ice cream to make a fake lobster
>> shell.
>>
>> Does that stuff come in strawberry flavor?
>
> I believe it used to. Assuming you can get it in vanilla it would be easy
> enough to add red food coloring and shake up the bottle.
>

>> Nyssa, who wonders what strawberry Magic Shell combined
>> with mashed potatoes and heart of palm would taste like
>> so she isn't rushing to try out the idea
>
> Drain the hearts of palm, don’t add any unnecessary seasoning to the mashed
> potatoes, and put a stick of butter in there.
>
> Now I’m hungry.
>
> Asking Mr. Google
>
> Yeah, it comes in “unicorn white” as well as even more vomitus flavors.
>
> Would a vegetarian eat unicorn white magic shell?
>
> OMG
> Mr. Google just threw up this warning:
>
> “WARNING - California Proposition 65
> This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known
> to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to
> www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.”

Ignore that. That Proposition was written so broadly and badly that
literally just being in the same state as anywhere that uses arsenic in
any manner whatsoever means "product/building/existence can expose you
to". Anyplace the _HEATS_ food has to warn you about the normal and
natural chemical reactions that are caused by heating foodstuffs.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-04-27 (Wednesday)

<t4rdif$d8o$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142319&group=rec.arts.tv#142319

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 07:17:52 -0700
<t4eoj0$jqs$1@dont-email.me> <280420221540391732%nope@noway.com>
<794897892.672889124.803577.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<280420222234316408%nope@noway.com>
<841391772.672903524.012832.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<290420220724421899%nope@noway.com>
<159156827.672937161.303788.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t4hgol$hph$2@dont-email.me>
<1812756151.672962589.611489.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t4ogs5$dik$11@dont-email.me>
<1194092437.673194050.619294.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t4pb3p$48s$2@dont-email.me>
<163899621.673241379.699193.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t4qae6$qs7$1@dont-email.me>
<1339693158.673244367.359296.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 3 May 2022 14:17 UTC

On 5/2/2022 9:28 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> I believe it used to. Assuming you can get it in vanilla it would be easy
>>> enough to add red food coloring and shake up the bottle.

>>> Drain the hearts of palm, don’t add any unnecessary seasoning to the mashed
>>> potatoes, and put a stick of butter in there.
>>>
>>> Now I’m hungry.
>>>
>>> Asking Mr. Google
>>>
>>> Yeah, it comes in “unicorn white” as well as even more vomitus flavors.
>>>
>>> Would a vegetarian eat unicorn white magic shell?
>>>
>>> OMG
>>> Mr. Google just threw up this warning:
>>>
>>> “WARNING - California Proposition 65
>>> This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known
>>> to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to
>>> www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.”
>>>
>> Ignore that. That Proposition was written so broadly and badly that
>> literally just being in the same state as anywhere that uses arsenic in
>> any manner whatsoever means "product/building/existence can expose you
>> to". Anyplace the _HEATS_ food has to warn you about the normal and
>> natural chemical reactions that are caused by heating foodstuffs.
>>

> I generally ignore California any chance I get. Still, it was scary to have
> that pop up in a Google search for a food item!

I don't know how it would have been triggered. A California law
shouldn't be applicable to an internet search. Of course, it doesn't
help that you apparently have no malware defenses. :P

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-04-27 (Wednesday)

<t4s0q8$96b$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142330&group=rec.arts.tv#142330

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 12:46:18 -0700
<t4eoj0$jqs$1@dont-email.me> <280420221540391732%nope@noway.com>
<794897892.672889124.803577.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<280420222234316408%nope@noway.com>
<841391772.672903524.012832.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<290420220724421899%nope@noway.com>
<159156827.672937161.303788.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t4hgol$hph$2@dont-email.me>
<1812756151.672962589.611489.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t4ogs5$dik$11@dont-email.me>
<1194092437.673194050.619294.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t4pb3p$48s$2@dont-email.me>
<163899621.673241379.699193.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t4qae6$qs7$1@dont-email.me>
<1339693158.673244367.359296.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
<t4rdif$d8o$1@dont-email.me>
<329210525.673283773.659369.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Tue, 3 May 2022 19:46 UTC

On 5/3/2022 8:17 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> I generally ignore California any chance I get. Still, it was scary to have
>>> that pop up in a Google search for a food item!
>>>
>> I don't know how it would have been triggered. A California law
>> shouldn't be applicable to an internet search. Of course, it doesn't
>> help that you apparently have no malware defenses. :P
>>

> Google search
> Magic shell ice cream topping
> I was just hoping for a list of flavors

As I do have working malware defenses I wouldn't get the pop-up.

Click here to read the complete article