From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2022-04-29 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 11:25:53 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 18:25 UTC

On 4/30/2022 9:25 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-04-30 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
snip

> One Shot (Hulu) - Covered in Bill Idgerant's separate thread. This 2021
> film was shot in an intersting manner - it was filmed as if it was one
> long, continuous take. (It clearly wasn't one take, but a series of
> minutes-long takes, which is still impressive.) But it almost plays out
> like a "live-action" version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Added to the watch list. I have some other war movies I plan to watch.
Hopefully I can squeeze this in then.

> Recorded for later: The RED REDDINGTON Show (which I'm an episode behind
> on, currently).

Same.

I watched:

The First Lady (Showtime) - "Voices Carry" - This took me a few days to
work my way through it. More stories of more first ladies. The first
episode focused on life before the White House while episode two focuses
on events right after moving in.

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (theatrical) - Nicolas Cage
stars as "Nicolas Cage" a once A-list actor now riding on fumes from his
former fame and starring in whatever direct to video movie willing to
pay. After crashing and burning at his latest audition, Cage's agent
(Neil Patrick Harris) tells him there's an offer from a billionaire
(Pedro Pascal) to make an appearance at his birthday party for $1
million. Desperate for money, Cage reluctantly agrees to the gig. I
won't spoil what happens next (but it's in the trailers). I've been
looking forward to watching this since I first heard about it and it did
not disappoint. This is the most Nicolas Cage, Nicolas Cage movie that
Nicolas Cage has ever made! My only regret is I *knew* I was going to
see this movie, and I kept telling myself to watch a few Nicolas Cage
movies first, but for whatever reason I just couldn't get my act
together and watch them ahead of time. And it goes without saying, this
references more than a couple Nicolas Cage movies... Anyway if you like
Nicolas Cage movies, then this is definitely the movie for you! And
it's legit a *good* movie too!

Halo (Paramount+) - "Solace" - I forgot to mention this from Thursday.
After the Covenant's attack and Master Chief's failure to obey orders
someone needs to take the blame. OK episode.

Star Trek: Picard (Paramount+) "Hide and Seek" - I also forgot to
mention this. For what I'm guessing was the penultimate episode it was
Team Picard vs. Team Borg. Lots of action but mostly shot at night in
the dark. The ending didn't sit well with me but let's see how they
resolve things in what I'm guessing will be the season finale.