From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Cancelled: "DC's Legends of Tomorrow"
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 08:15:37 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 1 May 2022 15:15 UTC

On 5/1/2022 3:34 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> This one really is a "2-3 years too late!"
>>
>>> OTOH, we've gotten through this Friday without The CW nuking "Legacies"
>>> - I'm hoping they give it a final season #5 to give the show a proper
>>> ending (maybe even bringing back Josie and Caroline for the finale...).
>>
>> Should I bother to ask if Legends of Tomorrow's final season was
>> prepared for cancellation, offering a proper finale, or did it leave
>> massive numbers of dangling plot threads?

I'm going to disagree with Ian's friends on Reddit. Yes, the show ended
on a cliffhanger, *but* the writing was more than on the wall that the
show wasn't going to be coming back for another season. There were
multiple meta references to the show being on the way out. They wrapped
up all the key story lines. And basically had a finale with the
penultimate episode. In the penultimate episode the Legends break up
and go their separate ways. That *could* have been the series finale
while leaving the door open for a new season where they get back
together. But instead they tacked on an extra unnecessary episode where
they introduced new a character and a new storyline that's now left
unresolved.

>> Was Dominic Purcell still on the show at the end?
>>

> According to Ian’s IMDb entry, Purcell’s last episode was the season six
> finale. He wasn’t in season seven at all.

I could have sworn he popped up for a guest appearance or two, but I
guess not.

Re: Cancelled: "DC's Legends of Tomorrow"

<t4mgs6$bep$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142276&group=rec.arts.tv#142276

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 10:43:36 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 1 May 2022 17:43 UTC

On 5/1/2022 8:15 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 5/1/2022 3:34 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> Should I bother to ask if Legends of Tomorrow's final season was
>>> prepared for cancellation, offering a proper finale, or did it leave
>>> massive numbers of dangling plot threads?
>>>

> I'm going to disagree with Ian's friends on Reddit.  Yes, the show ended
> on a cliffhanger, *but* the writing was more than on the wall that the
> show wasn't going to be coming back for another season.  There were
> multiple meta references to the show being on the way out.  They wrapped
> up all the key story lines.  And basically had a finale with the
> penultimate episode.  In the penultimate episode the Legends break up
> and go their separate ways.  That *could* have been the series finale
> while leaving the door open for a new season where they get back
> together.  But instead they tacked on an extra unnecessary episode where
> they introduced new a character and a new storyline that's now left
> unresolved.

Hook for the rebootquel!

>>> Was Dominic Purcell still on the show at the end?
>>>

>> According to Ian’s IMDb entry, Purcell’s last episode was the season six
>> finale. He wasn’t in season seven at all.
>>

> I could have sworn he popped up for a guest appearance or two, but I
> guess not.

dirty old man.