From: keshlam....@verizon.net (Joe Kesselman)
Newsgroups: rec.music.filk
Subject: Offtopic, but if you have an Alexa-family device and are interested
in "New Music"...
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 14:29:34 -0400
 by: Joe Kesselman - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 18:29 UTC

(... where "New Music" is defined as everything from Hildegarde von
Bingen to Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn to Steve Reich to Laurie Anderson to
musics from all over the world...)

My Alexa skill to access 40 years of archives, recent episodes, and
current livestream from WNYC's _New Sounds_ (newsounds.org) has recently
become available for public use. The skill name is New Sounds On Demand.
Think of it as a specialized podcast player.

Strictly a skunkworks project; the producers know I'm working on it and
have been encouraging, but it's completely unofficial and I'm doing it
on my own time and my own dime. Applause (and supporting donations)
should go to them; complaints should come to me.

Google Home version may follow; features for searching and querying
metadata likewise, though Google's less helpful as a music player
environment and the station's metadata is limited.

Source is on Github.