From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TODAY Show: Woke Progressive Bemoans His Son's Interest in Boy
Stuff
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 04:07:09 -0400
 by: Rhino - Mon, 2 May 2022 08:07 UTC

On 2022-05-02 12:25 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> TODAY Show Website Featured Article:
>
> "I wanted my son to reject masculine stereotypes. Then he fell in love with
> tractors."
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/7w46ljxmf6cdjdd/Tractors.png?dl=0
>
> "All my life, I've prided myself on blurring gender lines, but when my young
> son started to gravitate toward the very things, I'd shunned, I wasn't sure
> what to do."
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Someone needs to turn this into a country-western song immediately...
>
> "You Never Even Called Me By My [Pronouns]"
>
> No toy guns in the house
> I got him a pink and yellow blouse
> We tried to raise him like a normal non-binareee-ee-eee
>
> So many things to keep from him
> But there were many factors
> We couldn't keep him from his farmer friends
> That's when he fell in love with tractors
>
> Taught my boy to get
> In touch with his feelings but
> He loves those tractors more.
>
> I always hoped he'd
> Be a gender-bender but
> John Deere won the war.

Several years ago, a "progressive" couple from Toronto (?) told everyone
that they would NOT announce the gender of their forthcoming baby to
*anyone* and would bend over backwards to dress and treat the child in a
gender-neutral way until the child itself *chose* its gender. I never
heard of them being locked up for child abuse so I can only assume that
they went ahead with this cockamamie plan. I never heard how it turned
out and wonder about it occasionally.

Did the child *choose* a gender that was consistent with its genitalia
or did it decide to "identify" differently? How normal/fucked-up is this
kid after being raised in a way that must have met with massive approval
from the parents' "progressive" friends?

--
Rhino

Re: TODAY Show: Woke Progressive Bemoans His Son's Interest in Boy Stuff

<t4rhpm$3s0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=142320&group=rec.arts.tv#142320

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Stuff
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 11:29:56 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 3 May 2022 15:29 UTC

On 2022-05-02 5:03 AM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <t4o3fe$if$1@dont-email.me>, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-05-02 12:25 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>> TODAY Show Website Featured Article:
>>>
>>> "I wanted my son to reject masculine stereotypes. Then he fell in love with
>>> tractors."
>>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/7w46ljxmf6cdjdd/Tractors.png?dl=0
>>>
>>> "All my life, I've prided myself on blurring gender lines, but when my young
>>> son started to gravitate toward the very things, I'd shunned, I wasn't sure
>>> what to do."
>>>

>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Someone needs to turn this into a country-western song immediately...
>>>
>>> "You Never Even Called Me By My [Pronouns]"
>>>
>>> No toy guns in the house
>>> I got him a pink and yellow blouse
>>> We tried to raise him like a normal non-binareee-ee-eee
>>>
>>> So many things to keep from him
>>> But there were many factors
>>> We couldn't keep him from his farmer friends
>>> That's when he fell in love with tractors
>>>
>>> Taught my boy to get
>>> In touch with his feelings but
>>> He loves those tractors more.
>>>
>>> I always hoped he'd
>>> Be a gender-bender but
>>> John Deere won the war.
>>>

>> Several years ago, a "progressive" couple from Toronto (?) told everyone
>> that they would NOT announce the gender of their forthcoming baby to
>> *anyone* and would bend over backwards to dress and treat the child in a
>> gender-neutral way until the child itself *chose* its gender. I never
>> heard of them being locked up for child abuse so I can only assume that
>> they went ahead with this cockamamie plan. I never heard how it turned
>> out and wonder about it occasionally.
>>
>> Did the child *choose* a gender that was consistent with its genitalia
>> or did it decide to "identify" differently? How normal/fucked-up is this
>> kid after being raised in a way that must have met with massive approval
>> from the parents' "progressive" friends?
>

> You were doing fine until that last line. I don't know a single
> "progressive" who'd ever do anything like this, or approve of it.

But why? Surely raising your child in a gender-neutral fashion is
exactly the right way to proceed instead of loading it down with
stereotypes and expectations.

> (I'm
> presuming this nonsense never actually happened, of course.)

I didn't make it up. I'm sure I read about it online although I've
forgotten where given the passage of time. I might well have mentioned
it in this newsgroup just because it's the kind of thing that attracts
attention for being so bizarre.

Of course it may have been a hoax. But it wasn't *MY* hoax.

--
Rhino